Need some help with sparten uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so surprised you guys lasted so long.

Agreed. He's a kid. Let him make mistakes. Tell him NOT to and then let him go learn on his own. Best way to learn. Sure Darwin might step in, but we've done our part.

Alright, guys, I think this topic has blown its course. Let's try to be respectful of posters, even when they're resistant to sound advice, and in this case, I think it's probably best to just leave the kid to make his own mistakes.

Hehe its takes Alot to make me Even swet we r all DIFERENT our bodys are built differnt

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and search up halo airsoft and u will find a Guy that made home made halo armor that works in airsoft. Its made out of Eva foam and its prove that IT works

- - - Updated - - -

Ok ill talk to u Guys that dosent have any sport stuff in IT ok

Hey Brad, I checked out that video you were talking about and I believe it was from "DarkZero375", I just want to say a few things about the video.

*Note, it has been a few years since I last did paintball so my info is more than likely off on those points.*

- He seemed to be a fair distance away (judging this from how small the chest looks where the camera was positioned)
- The paint ball gun he used was probably an older model that's not as strong as ones available now (considering how cheep he had bought it on Ebay)
- The paint ball ammo could've been the cheep kind you pick up for messing around (If I'm right there's different kinds that break easier than others)
- He could've used a lot of Bondo/resin to buff up his armor when he made it.
- He was "going to scrap it anyway" so, this is not an actual paintball test, instead just a test to see if it could hold up. (When in all reality, wearing a full set could be heavier than wearing the standard gear)
- Wearing a set of Spartan gear will make you a target as you will stick out more.
- As many others have said YOU WILL OVERHEAT no matter the temp outside/inside
- EVA foam will MAYBE again MAYBE protect from one or 2 shots from a paintball, but BB and airsoft bullets will rip through it

There are many many other points to be made here and lots and lots of unknown variables about what was used in the video.
I can tell I'm speaking for everyone in saying that you can not go through with making paintball/airsoft/BB proof armor as it is just to expensive compared to what is already out there or you will get your self hurt. Listen to everyone here, we are trying to save you time and money and keep you from getting hurt.

I don't think I saw this mentioned any where, but listen.. wearing a full suit like a halo suit is a lot of work and your mobility is god awful. You'd stick out like a sore thumb and everyone would aim for you every time. You'd be #1 target every match.

A lot of suits you see on this board don't mention mobility. A lot of us can't sit in our suits. A lot of us can't even bend over in our suits. Hell, most of us can't even put our shoes on by ourselves. If you want to move like a tortoise then thats your business. I'm just letting you know as someone with a full suit that it isn't fun to run around in, let alone do serious activity in. You're going to overheat (ESPECIALLY IF ITS MADE OF FOAM. EVA foam is an insulator and is REALLY REALLY HOT), it doesn't matter who you are, you're going to get hot and want to take it off.

Please take the advice from others here. Its not safe for a number of reasons.

Ok i have disied that im making IT out of aluminium. Ill be Darwin some ides on the mobilty and its gonna look like halo 4-5 masterchief in black and blue.

i don't know why i didnt thougt about aluminium before

and the resone why he was far awey from the enimy is becus he was tactical

Well aluminium is light and cheap and its take BBs

- - - Updated - - -

Plus im cold blooded

- - - Updated - - -

And im doing militari exresies

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry IF u get pissed. But u Only live once yolo

- - - Updated - - -

And one more thing is IT ok IF i make rewies

Ok i have disied that im making IT out of aluminium. Ill be Darwin some ides on the mobilty and its gonna look like halo 4-5 masterchief in black and blue.

i don't know why i didnt thougt about aluminium before

and the resone why he was far awey from the enimy is becus he was tactical

He was far away from the enemy because he was lucky!
And I think the 4-5 master chief is awesome, it would be incredibly hard to make it out of aluminium

Have you ever welded aluminum? Or welded anything at all? Or looked into the cost of welding machines that are capable of welding aluminum?

I run a lincoln wirefeed/mig welding machine in my garage, and with all of my protective gear and other metalworking equipment, I have spent close to $1500 (canadian). And I can't work with aluminum. I'd need to spend another $600 or so for a bottle of argon gas and a spool gun to be able tow weld aluminum.

Running a tig machine is also an option, but expect to fork out at LEAST $1500-2000 Usd for an entry level machine.

Do you have a press brake? Do you know what a press brake is? Because you're going to need one to bend your aluminum if you are making your armor strong enough to handle abuse.

Talking to a brick wall FlyinPhil. He's gona do what he wants to do. We're the idiots.........Not for trying to stop him.........but for keep going w/ this discussion......on several different threads no less.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Bwahahaha. I actually mentally envisioned that. Crap. With a large "MC here" cardboard sign with a big fat black arrow above the construct, sponsored by ACME no doubt.
Can't get it out of my head now.
Acutally that would make sense as my son shoots at coke cans with his airsoft all the time so it would be fitting. :D

Wile-E-Coyote-cover.jpg

I couldn't find a pic w/ the MC holding an ACME sign but this works.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back