Props Needler Toy Repaint and Upgrade


New Member
Hey all! First post on here, just got back into Halo and I've completed a few builds recently that I wanted to share here, the first being a repaint and upgrade of a H5 needler toy I got off a website called Costumebox. The mould was actually pretty good and it was decently priced, but the paint job and the needles were awful. I did a seam cleanup and then a full repaint. I used spray paints, acrylics, and ink through my airbrush to achieve the hex pattern. I also removed all of the original needles and made 14 acrylic replacements. This was my first time using an airbrush, and I'm really proud of how well it turned out. Here are some pictures of the finished piece, along with a before shot and some WIP photos. Many more projects to come, and I'm looking forward to being a part of the community. Cheers!

(I am aware that one of the front pieces is missing, I actually threw it out by accident, so it'll have to do without!)





Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.