Needler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimguy379

Jr Member
well the monitors stopped my other thread. but they cant stop me from showing off what ive done. i found the pepakura file and built the majority of it but i feel there is scaling needed to be done. im not gunna junk it i guess ill have to scale the file and figure out what the size is. anybody done this pepakura file? any scaling help would be greatly appreciated. tell me what you guys think... btw one of the better made files ive built thanks to whom ever mad the needler file! bravo!
med_gallery_12157_992_338891.jpg

med_gallery_12157_992_333110.jpg

Slimguy379 said:
well the monitor nazis got to me and barricaded and stopped my thread about selling them....er... or something like that. but they cant stop me from showing off what ive done. i found the pepakura file and built the majority of it but i feel there is scaling needed to be done. im not gunna junk it i guess ill have to scale the file and figure out what the size is. anybody done this pepakura file? any scaling help would be greatly appreciated. tell me what you guys think... btw one of the better made files ive built thanks to whom ever mad the needler file! bravo!
med_gallery_12157_992_338891.jpg

med_gallery_12157_992_333110.jpg
I think you are doing a great job on the needler and I look forward to seeing it complete but please keep in mind there are rules to be followed and what you were doing was not allowed. Thast was for the classifieds section in which you do not have enough posts to post in so it got locked. They are in no way Nazis and to be honest that can be taken very offensively so please be nice.

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, looks like someone didn't read the stickies.

BTW Great job on the Needler, I'm thinking of making a Covie Carbine, just because it's one of my favorite weapons to use in game.

Wow, that looks great! But yeah... a bit large. Any plans on what you'll do with it, being so big?

Also... think you could point me in the right direction for the Pep? It's not on the costuming Wiki.

Erm, you might want to edit out that natzi mod bit. They might take too kindly to it. The topic it was locked for a reason which is layed out in the rules.
Because 405 isn't an official site AND they dont want to give Micro$oft or Bungie good reason to shut us down they've made the buying and selling of props/models available only to the vetrens of the site, thus it must be kept to the clasified section. This also helps reduce the number of con-artists and re-casters.
I understand you nether of these but no ones above the rules, not even the mods.

Just a friendly warning :)

Slimguy379 said:
well the monitor nazis got to me and barricaded and stopped my thread about selling them....er... or something like that.

See I don't usually give new members warnings for a month or two as they usually don't know any better, but you deserve one for that comment. You were told why the thread is not allowed. I didn't delete it for the very fact that once you ARE able to post in the Classifieds section, you can politely ask a mod or staff member to move it there.

You really need to chill out or your stay will be quite short.

Be courteous and careful with what you say, you basically just made yourself get put on the watch list.

Just post and be a part of the community and you will get to the veteran rank in no time, then you can access the classifieds and do as you will.

This is awesome, i was wandering if you could give us the link for the file i wouldnt mind doing one also101

Das Brutus said:
The progress looks good... Keep it up. How do you intend strengthen the interior, or is this a "wall hanger"?

First off ok guys i was coming off a bit of a anger mode due to my 1st link being shut down hence the nazi remark.Just that Thedentedhelmet.com is almost exactly like this site in almost every way, however they allow the sales to take place no matter what rank you are. so whatever... i am sorry. but the quoted question is a good one and maybe could stir up some ideas how to do it. i figured resin the out side of the WHOLE thing, at least 3 times. then since the cardboard is sturdy (hopping it is :D ) id spray regular expanding (not 2x or 3x expanding) Great stuff inside the otherwise hollow needler. the cardboard is hard enough so it wont buldge the sides of the gun. then from there maybe fiberglass the outside (if not to much detail will be lost) and then bondo. But as far as scaling you could just tell me to what ratio or fraction it should be. in the designer i can just do the math. i feel maybe it should bit 3/4 the size of the one i built but i truly would love some 2 cents before building another...

maybe down scale by 15 - 20%? If you do foam it up, I'd go real slow. I bought a Halo weapon (before I knew of this site) from C.C.C. and when it came time to foam... used too much... the horror, the horror.

This is not a plug, just a reference - what we can do here in the 405th is 100x better:
http://home.comcast.net/~roja/Replicas_Halo.html

p.s. - I think Slimguy379 got the message, lets not stir up a hornets nest of back and forth... pm's can be used to cover anymore comments on the now corrected statement, no?

EDIT: if you do foam, make sure ALL gaps are sealed. ALL gaps or you're in for one heck of a mess!

Don’t give any secrets out but how are you doing your needles. I'm working on one as well pm me if you want a good idea to make it look cool

hey, im making a needler too. im still fibreglassing it though. any ideas on how to make the needles? :D

Attachments
doo lop. what was the idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back