Neoproks Foam MKVI *FINISHED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArktosPendragon

The other day I was sitting and thinking to myself...it's about time I made some spartan armor :D. I started about a week ago and I'm doing pretty well so far. Slowed down this week because of exams, but after tommorow I am free!

So, to start off with, here are the first things that I had ever made out of foam.

FILE0491.jpg

They're a little rough but they'll do for now. After I put them together I sprayed em with a little base coat (don't worry, tis not even close to a final paint job :p)

Deciding to move right along up the arm, I noticed that the MKVI biceps really aren't that complicated. So, rather than try to convert a pep to foam, I just made some templates myself.

Bicepbase.jpg

Hooray for silly faces and crappy phone pics! The bicep still needs a little tweaking and isn't totally finished.

Soon I'll be making the other bicep and then move on to the handplates.

So, thoughts, comments, criticism?

looking good so far i also just started my own MK VI and the pepping is killing me especially the teenie tiny bits,oh well must soldier on.
Cant wait to see more

great job man!

I want to make one of these in the future. Looking forward to seeing it all done

Foam revolution!

Looks good for foam build. I want to see more :)

looking good so far i also just started my own MK VI and the pepping is killing me especially the teenie tiny bits,oh well must soldier on.
Cant wait to see more

great job man!

I want to make one of these in the future. Looking forward to seeing it all done

Foam revolution!

Great foam work! Keep it up.

Thanks for all the comments guys, they really help :D.

I finished up the second bicep and I'll be posting pics in a bit. But, I have a kind of random question. On Flying Squirrel's HD MKVI helmet do most people find that the default scale is ok? Because I definitely do not want to pep that thing twice. I'm just worried because helmets seem to be the only things I have trouble scaling :(

Yes, I know it's a double post, but I have updates :p.

To start off with, I apologize for my somewhat long absence. As soon as school ended my family and I took off for Ohio to attend my sister's college graduation. I was away until just recently, but I return with pictures :D.

IMG_0009.jpg

So here are those biceps I was talking about. I have begun to add some minor details to them. While I was doing this I experimented with some screw details, but I couldn't decide if they "fit" with the look of the armor. So, what are your guys' opinions? Screws or no screws?

IMG_0010.jpg

Next up we have the handplates. They're a little rough, but I'll work on them.

IMG_0012.jpg

I also got Flying Squirrels immaculate helmet printed out. And yes, I do keep my pep pages in a briefcase :cool.

IMG_0013.jpg

And finally, because I believe that this thread needs more pictures, here is a snapshot of my current "work" area for when I use foam.

I would say no to screws in that location... But maybe somewhere else on the armour/shoulder piece? That might work. :)

Great progress thus far... I will have to say that Flyingsquirrel's Helmet file is very immaculate.

Thanks for all the comments guys, they really help :D.

I finished up the second bicep and I'll be posting pics in a bit. But, I have a kind of random question. On Flying Squirrel's HD MKVI helmet do most people find that the default scale is ok? Because I definitely do not want to pep that thing twice. I'm just worried because helmets seem to be the only things I have trouble scaling :(

I have pepped it twice, woo hoo. good luck on the build

I would say no to screws in that location... But maybe somewhere else on the armour/shoulder piece? That might work. :)

Great progress thus far... I will have to say that Flyingsquirrel's Helmet file is very immaculate.

I have pepped it twice, woo hoo. good luck on the build

I started the helmet earlier today and so far I have about 2/3's of it cut out. I'll be finishing it up in the next few days. After that...I haven't decided yet.

So as it always does, life catches up and gets crazy. And while it still hasn't settled down (soooooo much homework among other things) I wanted to make it for Halloween, so finally I have an update!

While not the whole reason why I haven't updated this in months, I did shortly work on a friend's helmet for his birthday. A few years back I made him an ODST helmet (His H3 helmet) and this year I "borrowed" it and updated it to his Reach colors.

IMG_0051.jpg

During this whole process I really wanted to wear this thing, but my large noggin prevented me. Also pictured is a foam visor insert thing that I made to try and remedy my noob mistakes when I first made this helmet.

IMG_0080.jpg

Here's the finished product sitting on my friend's shelf. Let's say he was pleasantly surprised :D.

IMG_0084.jpg

And here's a side view showing off the new paint. Be easy on me, it was my first helmet I ever made and did it all in a week :p.

I also added some foamy back details, but I didn't get a picture of that.

Now, back onto my own stuff!

After almost finishing scoring and cutting out the flying squirrel helmet, I just decided that it was too much for me at this point. I know lame, but I just didn't feel like finishing it. So I chose a semi-HD model by DF4L which was much easier to pep.

IMG_0106.jpg

Then I tried it on for size.

IMG_0133.jpg

I literally just coated this thing in resin about 30 min ago and I'm now waiting for it to dry.

IMG_0112.jpg

I also got the basics of the cod piece cut out and I'll be working on that either tonight or tommorow.

Yeah, I know, long post, but forgive me :). Hopefully I can finish this in time and I find somewhere to actually wear it to.

this is looking awesome. This is actually one of few foam mark vi builds that I've seen, most people choose to use it for reach builds. The forearm looks great btw, I cant believe you didnt use a pep cut out for that. Ima bookmark this thread and make sure to follow your progress :D keep it up

this is looking awesome. This is actually one of few foam mark vi builds that I've seen, most people choose to use it for reach builds. The forearm looks great btw, I cant believe you didnt use a pep cut out for that. Ima bookmark this thread and make sure to follow your progress :D keep it up
Haha, thanks a lot :D. The forearm was actually one of the pieces that I relied a little more heavily on referencing a pep model as it was my first piece, but for almost the rest of the armor I made my own templates.

So, I know I haven't posted in a while and Halloween was almost a week ago, but I haven't had a stable internet connection for a while. However, I did make my event deadline :). My friends and I went to this annual Halloween bash type thing and it was the Saturday before Halloween. I actually worked on this up until I got picked up by a friend :p. Not the best, but I think it's a good product for the time I was alloted. So without further nonsense, on to the pics!

IMG_04571.jpg

Strapped this baby literally moments before putting it on, so I had no time to adjust, thus the extremely large gap between the cod and chest piece. Oh, and on the chest, I had run down to the wire and didn't have enough time to construct a proper back piece, so I cannabalized a Reach Trooper chest to get what I currently have.

Now for some progress pics!

IMG_0152.jpg

Here's the templates for the thigh pieces.

IMG_0180.jpg

Mocked up a shin in cardboard.

IMG_0158.jpg

And this is the shin once I translated it to foam.

IMG_0160.jpg

A progress shot of the chest.

IMG_0161.jpg

This is the forearms with a basecoat on and the detailed foam shins.

IMG_0162.jpg

The very colorful detailed thigh pieces (I'm channeling the Hulk :p)

IMG_0163.jpg

And finally here's a shot of the fiberglassed helmet with visor. You would not believe how happy I was when this helmet actually fit!

So, yeah, very simple paint job on this one, I was reeaaallly strapped for time. Basically just sprayed on the main color, then sloppily applied the black details with acrylic paint. The helmet I actually just added a lot of details to so expect some pics soon. I'll be updating this suit a little bit for the Halo CE Anniversary release, but overall I'm happy with the final product.

IMG_0179.jpg

That's a wrap! (I have handplates, just didn't have time to strap them up)

What does everyone think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back