Props New DMR work in progress (rather pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to learn how to do crafts with wood...This might be a dumb question but what tools are you using on this project?

Coot

I would love to learn how to do crafts with wood...This might be a dumb question but what tools are you using on this project?

Coot

not a bad question. I cut out the main, large peice with a bandsaw. Most of the smaller peices ive used a scroll saw on, and to get into the inside closed sections without cutting through i drill a hole to put the scrollsaw blade through. the triangles i cut out with a razor knife. for finishing i use an orbital sander, random bits of sandpaper, and one of my favorites, a random stick with sandpaper glued to it.

Sorry i havent posted in a while. Ive been really busy lately with college starting and freinds and stuff, but i got some work done the last couple days. here ya go
IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

thats pretty much how everything is looking.

Dude this looks so amazing! I wouldn't be surprised if people start asking you to make molds =D
Keep it up man, I look forward to seeing how you make the scope!

looking great man! now i know to hit up hobby da lobby for bass wood, Ive been looking for a place to get really thin stuff

ok, did some more work today, not too much different, but theres some minor details i added and fixed up.
IMG_0430.jpg

routed the details and made the second one
IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

so i have both handle parts finished as well as both long peices and the rail part. still some details to add to the other peice. then i get to work on the trigger and bolt mechanisms.

looks awesome. i want to try some wood builds of guns. doesnt seem like its too hard as long as you take you time.

I made a quick run to the hardware store, got some good stuff, a bunch of springs, a couple dowel rods, and brass tube.
I got the trigger mostly functioning, along with this
IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Ok, pretty busy day today. got alot of work done.
IMG_0437.jpg

closed off the area for the trigger, and made sure that it was working.
IMG_0439.jpg

epoxied the rod for the bolt into the body waiting for it to dry.
and this
IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

it fits into the slots beautifully. tomorrow ill be able to take the clamps off the tube there, and start glueing on all the peices.
i hope to have this as finished as possible for the reach release, so im probably not going to have a scope or proper clip till next weekend, but i hope to have the main body paintable by the end of tomorrow.

Awesome work. Great detailing!

Next time youre taking a close up. Use the macro setting on your camera.
It should look like a flower. Your camera probably has it

thanks for the support guys. I use either a scroll saw or a band saw. both are amazing.
And ill try that macro thing next time i do a close up. thanks.
Anyways, i got alot of work done today.
IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

SHE IS ONE. (or mostly) I got all the parts glued up, bought some paints, and rounded out the handle parts. Also made the temporary clip space filler. I didnt have time today to even out all the edges, but that comes tomorrow. I only have to do that, spruce up a few parts here and there, smooth out some things, and paint. I hope to finish this tomorrow by 6-7, might be a stretch, and then its off to gamestop till midnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back