New Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
But we gotta make a new template. Let me know how you feel, try out the PMs and other great stuff.

I miss the "recently active topics" link. Everything is reorganized and colored funny. You're making me think. My brain hurts!

Yeah, smart guys, we still have to make a new template, so the color is gunna change back to how we had it. Talking about features here.

Too lazy to rewrite what I said a minute ago, so here:

I've seen a few sites I go to change to IPB 3, but there is one problem. It takes a freaking eternity to load on Internet Explorer.

Also, if you put any sort of dependence on ranks or something similar on the rep system, it will not work. I highly recommend leaving the rep system for reputation and not to determine who gets special privileges.

Finally, I think making a forum for bug reporting would be better than having topics like "OMG I CAN'T SEND TEH PMS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" taking over the Noob forum. I can assure you there are many glitches and bugs with IPB 3 that you'll want to take care of quickly.

Good luck with IPB 3, and I hope you guys have better luck with it than others have.

I liked IPB 2 better, since it, you know, wasn't in beta form.

It's alright, i like the side where there are "new topics."

Color is funky but it's temporary. Well, it could have been much worse.

I think it's pretty good cause it's not plain like some other forums, has a kick with it somewhere along the lines..

Can't put my finger on it.

Adam said:
Yeah, smart guys, we still have to make a new template, so the color is gunna change back to how we had it. Talking about features here.

Oh, in that case. The features are amazing. I like the formatting area. The new profiles are nice as well, and layed out very nice.

But please, please bring back the original black and blue.

Oh, and one problem about this is the interests under our avatars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I like it. It has some fine-tuning to be done, but I think it's awesome. It just looks....neat. lol

Some of the features are nice, My eyes are still adjusting to the light, but anyway, I think the way to view forums and topics you are trying to watch is over complicated now, instead of one click, it's one click and a few sub clicks.

-Hates major change- XP

If your gonna keep it that way, I'm gonna have to get used to it though, aren't I.

Either way, I miss the old site.

But the new profile view is nice, it reminds me of facebook as well.

Hey, I didn't know you could change your display name. o_O

Maybe its just me but the flow of everything is a lot faster? My vote *Thumbs up*! And with a new forum you know its.... Peanut butter jelly time!!!

Oh Wait!! Profile... Sweet and your right it is more like a facebook type of view. Make it TWO *Thumbs Up*

Please change the colors back to EXACTLY the same as they were. I made my avatar specifically for the old colors :p. With the lighter colors, it looks strange...

Otherwise, it looks kind of nice :D . It'll take a little getting use to though.

i dont really care for the new "view new content"... i liked how the old one just slowly moved old topics out... now after you have read the topic it is off the list, witch makes sense... but i find myself, rereading alot of the threads that i post in...and the old way was just easier to do so.

for instance i clicked on Adams thread "new armor video" and since my laptop is slow i opened the video in youtube and continued browsing these here find boards. after the video was finally done loading i watched it, and went to comment on it. But i couldnt find it in the new posts like i use to be able to. instead i had to just go to adams profile and find the tread... now if its a hot poppin thread, this isnt an issue. People must have just missed the thread.

thats my only beef with the new layout... other than that i like it, and i am looking forward to the new skin.

edit: oh and i forgot... i hate that there isnt a page quick jump thing under the threads name anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back