New Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it's already really handy. No more quoting people's past PMs so I know what we taked about. You could basically carry on all the messages you want with one or more people under one convo. :D

I'm really starting to like the new forum! Had to lurk around and get used to the new look and features.

One suggestion I would like to make is in the "Today's Active Content."

When I go into that, I don't see the member's name that started their thread(s). I'd like to see who made the thread...

Not sure what the issue with the PM system was, but it is resolved now.

I too like the new system, I imagine it will use much less space in the database.

pooper said:
I'm really starting to like the new forum! Had to lurk around and get used to the new look and features.

One suggestion I would like to make is in the "Today's Active Content."

When I go into that, I don't see the member's name that started their thread(s). I'd like to see who made the thread...

thats probably my only problem with the new layout... at first it was a couple things, but now im liking it more than the old.

also if anyone is upset with the millions of "new threads" just go to the main page, scroll down and at the bottom click "mark board as read"... someone had mentioned this on the last page.

Last edited by a moderator:
thatdecade said:
Is there two logins for the site now? There is a login link on the front page that doesn't accept my forum account info.

http://405th.com/wp-login.php

I believe that link is only for Adam, the mods, and a few other exclusive members who are involved with the 405th Source, and the editing of the main page.

EDIT: I have FINALLY figured this new forum out! And I LOVE it! Now, the only suggestions I can make are:

-Please fix the small bugs

-Put the "Todays Active Content" in bigger letters so its easier to see

-Have the original posters name beside the topic name

-Fix whatever colour problems there are

-Make an option to switch back to the original skin of the forums (Same layout, just different colours).

Well, thats all I can think of.

Great work Adam and the rest of the crew behind this masterpiece!

thatdecade said:
Is there two logins for the site now? There is a login link on the front page that doesn't accept my forum account info.

http://405th.com/wp-login.php

This is for anyone who wants to register/login and comment on the articles on the 405th Source, unlike the forums our registration is open 24/7. Unfortunately we couldn't port over the usernames/passwords from the forums (for obvious security reasons) so if you'd like to have a 405th Source account and be able to make comments on the articles on the front page, there she be. You'll have to register first, your forum login and password WILL NOT work :) .

The Source is kinda like the wiki in a sense, the same people who control the wiki happen to be the same people who visit the forums but the two sites are two separate creatures. While at the Source I wield much power over the entire site over here at the forums I'm just a basic user. I just happen to be a forum member and a source editor :)

Special note, some people who are 405th Source members are not forum members and vice versa. So come on over and mingle. Hope I cleared that up for you all.

Cheers,

Kensai

looking through posts and it seems some older posts from the old youtube code still do not function across the site.

CommanderFluffy said:
looking through posts and it seems some older posts from the old youtube code still do not function across the site.

I think those codes will just have to be edited to the new code. If you can't inform those who posted it to update it, report the problem with the report system. The new forum has a pretty handy way to track reports much easier now. It'll help us keep track of issues like that.

thats the issue magnum... uhh everytime i try and load pages like that it gives me an error and i load a white page. i dont know who the poster is or how to fix it.

Well if that's the case, let me know which thread(s) you're trying to view and I'll see if I can do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back