New Girl Here Also Need Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

typhis333

Hi I am now here as of a few days ago after seeing a how to vid that came from a link from 4chan of all places.

I have been playing games and painting models sents i was 14 and i loved it. after seeing the video and all the great stuff you guys and gals make here it really insired me to start making my own armor and expariment with things.

On that notw i just finished putting together the paper helm about 10 mins ago ( totel build time i think was about 8 or so hours) and to my suprice not alot of things whent bad with it

hte problum is that plaugs me to this day is i have a HUGE head, and I am not sure how is the best way to scale it up with out it looking goffy with the rest of the armor when i finish ever thing.

I am thinking of making a new one after the rest of the armor is finish so i can play around with other ones, and use the ones that dont fit and gifts or some thing to friends ot halo nerds.

Thanks for readying

[attachment=9627:picture_001.jpg][attachment=9628:picture_002.jpg]
[attachment=9630:picture_004.jpg][attachment=9631:picture_005.jpg]

sorry for low pic quality just have a crapy web come on hand that works

it looks like you did a nice job on the folding... what is to small about the helm? if it is the neckseal you will just have to cut that out after glassing to get it to fit. also the helmet kinda looks big as it is when you dont have the chest, back and shoulders on... so im sure if you scalled it up only 5% or so you should be fine and not look like a bobble head when you are done.

also i would suggest using this as a tester... you know glass, do some bondo on it, so that you can find the method you like best. then fold up flyingSquirrels hd Mrk6 and use that for your suit...

also when glassing make sure to install visor, and supports if it has them.

ok thanks very much for the tips, also for the visor should i just take the helm in with me and say" i need a visor that fits bla bla bla" ?

and where can i get the flyingSquirrels hd Mrk6 for my suit any ways? I am still very new at this.

most people order the HJC visor (someone correct me if im wrong on the name) witch you can order online, or at like a motorcycle shop...

his models can be found on the Costumingwiki, along with all his other HD files...

good luck

edit: here is the link for the Pep file index

typhis333 said:
ok thanks very much for the tips, also for the visor should i just take the helm in with me and say" i need a visor that fits bla bla bla" ?

and where can i get the flyingSquirrels hd Mrk6 for my suit any ways? I am still very new at this.

HJC visors are great and work really well. There's also the Zamp JS-1 visors that are full face and compound curve. Surprisingly they are a few dollars cheaper and will most likely get you more of an exacting fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the 405th.

Nice helm you have there in the works. Look forward to seeing a completed 'fitting' helm. Keep us posted on how the suit progresses.

BFDesigns said:
HJC visors are great and work really well. There's also the Zamp JS-1 visors that are full face and compound curve. Surprisingly they are a few dollars cheaper and will most likely get you more of an exacting fit.
Very cool. Has anyone used these Zamp visors yet?

MrOreo123 said:
Very cool. Has anyone used these Zamp visors yet?

Not to my knowledge but I'll let you know when I do. I believe that they'd be big enough to work for a CQB helmet but I won't know until I pick a few up.

Looking great so far! >:D, the folds and curves look awesome, hope to see more from you in the near future :). Just ask us if you need any help!

hay...whast up!?(fluffie lol)
welcome to the 405th glad to see some new members.
donuts and guns are in the back. lol
awsome work so far hope to see more to come! :D

I was also woundering what is the best or easyest way to hold the armor together when making it in the paper stage, I just used a glue stick caugh it was on my dest already. Also have a deap hate for normal white glue hehe :)
Is hot glue or super glue a better way to go or is there another type im just not thinking of?

typhis333 said:
I was also woundering what is the best or easyest way to hold the armor together when making it in the paper stage, I just used a glue stick caugh it was on my dest already. Also have a deap hate for normal white glue hehe :)
Is hot glue or super glue a better way to go or is there another type im just not thinking of?

If you're beginning I suggest using Elmer's school glue. It's an awesome and STRONG glue for beginners. That's what I used for my Recon helmet and it turned out great! Plus you won't have to worry about burns... stuck fingers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back