New Guy Here Working On An O.d.s.t. Rookie Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

omega111

Hey guys I'm a new guy here but i have lurked these forums for quite some time now enough to find a good set of O.S.D.T. armor to build. Its not as hard as i thought but I'm not to precise wen it comes to folding or cutting because i don't have an X-acto Knife, but here are some pics of my helmet progress so far.

Image014.jpg
Image013.jpg
Image015.jpg

ya i only have the bottom half finished right now the rest is still in the process of being cut.

Welcome to the active 405th, haha.

Looking great so far! I haven't pepped an ODST, so it doesn't look like it's warping any thus far to me. But I'm sure those that've spent the hours can give you better critique than I.

And it's looking pretty precise to me, your folds look clean and your tabs are pretty well lined up.

Keep it going!

LdoSpartN said:
Nice pepping. Looks Good. Keep It up, Plan on finishing the whole armor?

maybe still debating because i'm really just doing the O.D.S.T. armor to keep me sane through out the school year, but if i have enough paper glue and money(most important) I will, just need to size a lot of the pieces. I will most likely do it all the main thing is whether or not ill completely finish it all up to paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
GiR3892 said:
nice build so far look slike you are doing well even without the xacto knife

Thank you =D I'm not the only one i know doing a helmet two of my friends are doing helmets; one a smooth Recon helmet and the other the HD Mark V helm. They don't have accounts on here though.

omega111 said:
maybe still debating because i'm really just doing the O.D.S.T. armor to keep me sane through out the school year, but if i have enough paper glue and money(most important) I will, just need to size a lot of the pieces. I will most likely do it all the main thing is whether or not ill completely finish it all up to paint.

Be careful, prop making is addictive lol. So far the build is looking good. Keep up the good work. Oh, and getting an xacto knife will def. help, so pick one up whenever you can. I also found it way faster than using scissors.

Lookin good dude, keep it up. I'm at the exact same stage with my first master chief helm too!! I bet ya can't wait to finish peping so ya can put it on, lol

Looks good to me so far! Which unfold are you using? And no Xacto? Impressive... most impressive. Good luck with the vents on the side there, I see you haven't put them in yet. :pLooking forward to seeing more!

thanks everyone

I finished putting in the vents yesterday and now I'm going to start on the rest of the helmet.

I'm going to work on it the rest of the weekend and see how far i get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back