New Halo: Reach Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Lt. Buckmaster SIR!!

I laughed at that. Hard.

hell it could possibly be Dr. Halsley but i highly doubt it

Nah. Halsey was a civilian doctor that was recruited by the Navy to do "Research". But then she ended up with the SPARTANS.

And, guys, did anybody catch this?

[img[/img]

I found it earlier. It has some interesting info on Beta Company (The SPARTAN III's).

Lt. Buckmaster said:
I laughed at that. Hard.

Nah. Halsey was a civilian doctor that was recruited by the Navy to do "Research". But then she ended up with the SPARTANS.

And, guys, did anybody catch this?

[img[/img]

I found it earlier. It has some interesting info on Beta Company (The SPARTAN III's).

So wait... confused here for a minute, this is about beta company in the S-III's, they all got wiped out except for two (forgot they're names) and this report or letter is saying they pulled out some S-III''s before proceeding with the whole beta company's suicide mission. Am i right? I don't really know.

Last edited by a moderator:
So wait... confused here for a minute, this is about beta company in the S-III's, they all got wiped out except for two (forgot they're names)

The two Spartans are probably Carter and Kat. Those are the only two I know that have survived in a couple of engagements with the covenant and survived.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
The two Spartans are probably Carter and Kat. Those are the only two I know that have survived in a couple of engagements with the covenant and survived.

-Pony

Finally looked at Halopedia, and my Ghost of Onyx book (cuz i'm bored right now)

Carter and Kat where not the ones that survived operation PROMETHEUS, it was 2 S-III's named TOM and LUCY from Alpha Company apparently.

From what i believe, Carter, Kat, Jun, Emile, and PROBABLY THE LT. UNKNOWN (guy you play as in Halo: Reach) were probably from Beta Company and were pulled out just before OPERATION TORPEDO, because Mr. Colonel Ackerson wanted some heads in the unit that he has, probably the recon unit the message was talking about IDK.

Thought i just throw that out there :)

Just a speculative question:

Why the new weapons? in Halo wars and the battle of harvest, (spartans wore mark IV armor) they clearly had MA5Cs... But in Reach, (which took place after Harvest) they have older variants of the Assault Rifle (and other weapons clearly visible in Halo Wars)... :eek what gives? :unsure

Because these Spartans are Army, and the Army likes to use the older stuff. Since it's been around a lot longer, it's probably a little more reliable. Bungie explained somewhere how some of the Spartans are Army and how we really don't know how many there are.

If you read the note from Kurt closely, you will notice he is only talking about pulling one Spartan out early form Beta, and that is Sierra-312, aka Noble Six, Lone Wolf, or LT. Its right in the very first paragraph. The intriguing thing is that Kurt goes on to talk about deploying Category 2s in the field, but that not all of them are in field, and that they are bending the rules by arming them as Spartans. Made me wonder if there weren't some numbers fudged along the way with the augmentation process, that some really did pass and were only reported as having "failed", specifically, Sierra 170 and 091, although 170 should be a spartan 3, 091 would be a Spartan 2, and is not listed on the Halopedia as having survived: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_Program. My thinking is that ONI sublet a spartan program through the army to launder the budget and numbers etc, that it is becoming more of a black on black operation. This would explain the disparity in numbers, and information etc. It would explain why you see spartan 3s wearing mjolnir, maybe they would have been subjected to different augmentation than their Navy brothers. Just a thought.

all this talk makes me think of the fact that the books, games, and anything like that, dont line up. there are quite a few holes, especially noticable in halo 3: ODST

Sithslayer78 said:
Just a speculative question:

Why the new weapons? in Halo wars and the battle of harvest, (spartans wore mark IV armor) they clearly had MA5Cs... But in Reach, (which took place after Harvest) they have older variants of the Assault Rifle (and other weapons clearly visible in Halo Wars)... :eek what gives? :unsure

The MA37 is the Army variant of the MA5. The B and C variants are only somewhat newer than the MA5/37, and the Army uses them more predominantly than the UNSC Marine Corps, either because it's a tried-and-true weapon or it's cheaper.

Garland said:
Because these Spartans are Army, and the Army likes to use the older stuff. Since it's been around a lot longer, it's probably a little more reliable. Bungie explained somewhere how some of the Spartans are Army and how we really don't know how many there are.

Not necessarily. The Spartans haven't been explicitly referred to as being in the Army. They're likely still Navy, but working under an Army official under Navy orders.

Brandon McClain said:
My thinking is that ONI sublet a spartan program through the army to launder the budget and numbers etc, that it is becoming more of a black on black operation. This would explain the disparity in numbers, and information etc. It would explain why you see spartan 3s wearing mjolnir, maybe they would have been subjected to different augmentation than their Navy brothers. Just a thought.

It's possible that ONI would run them through the Army, instead, but it would be easier, even, to run the whole company through the Navy, with the budget that went with it, and SAY some of them failed or washed out, then keep them hidden, or possibly transfer them to the Army later. I just think that NOBLE has MJOLNIR because they're spec-ops within the SPARTAN-IIIs. They've been given the more expensive armor to aid in the defense of Reach, and because they've proven to be excellent survivors.

SPI has many of the same physical constraints as MJOLNIR, such as weight and hyper-responsiveness to impulses. It just never had all the functionality of the more expensive, latter armor. (Thicker plating, shielding, micro-fusion packs, strength, speed)

Brandon McClain said:
If you read the note from Kurt closely, you will notice he is only talking about pulling one Spartan out early form Beta, and that is Sierra-312, aka Noble Six, Lone Wolf, or LT. Its right in the very first paragraph. The intriguing thing is that Kurt goes on to talk about deploying Category 2s in the field, but that not all of them are in field, and that they are bending the rules by arming them as Spartans. Made me wonder if there weren't some numbers fudged along the way with the augmentation process, that some really did pass and were only reported as having "failed", specifically, Sierra 170 and 091, although 170 should be a spartan 3, 091 would be a Spartan 2, and is not listed on the Halopedia as having survived: http://halo.wikia.co...TAN-II_Program. My thinking is that ONI sublet a spartan program through the army to launder the budget and numbers etc, that it is becoming more of a black on black operation. This would explain the disparity in numbers, and information etc. It would explain why you see spartan 3s wearing mjolnir, maybe they would have been subjected to different augmentation than their Navy brothers. Just a thought.

So wait your saying all the failed experiments of the S-II program were sent to the S-III program the army had? is that what you trying to say?

rvalera11 said:
From what i believe, Carter, Kat, Jun, Emile, and PROBABLY THE LT. UNKNOWN (guy you play as in Halo: Reach) were probably from Beta Company and were pulled out just before OPERATION TORPEDO, because Mr. Colonel Ackerson wanted some heads in the unit that he has, probably the recon unit the message was talking about IDK.Thought i just throw that out there :)

Carter and Kat are from Gamma. For sure, because Gamma company was out on active duty while three teams (Katana, Gladius, and Saber) were still on Onyx for extra training. The unknown LT. Is definitely from Beta.

Brandon McClain said:
If you read the note from Kurt closely, you will notice he is only talking about pulling one Spartan out early form Beta, and that is Sierra-312, aka Noble Six, Lone Wolf, or LT. Its right in the very first paragraph. The intriguing thing is that Kurt goes on to talk about deploying Category 2s in the field, but that not all of them are in field, and that they are bending the rules by arming them as Spartans. Made me wonder if there weren't some numbers fudged along the way with the augmentation process, that some really did pass and were only reported as having "failed", specifically, Sierra 170 and 091, although 170 should be a spartan 3, 091 would be a Spartan 2, and is not listed on the Halopedia as having survived: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_Program. My thinking is that ONI sublet a spartan program through the army to launder the budget and numbers etc, that it is becoming more of a black on black operation. This would explain the disparity in numbers, and information etc. It would explain why you see spartan 3s wearing mjolnir, maybe they would have been subjected to different augmentation than their Navy brothers. Just a thought.

All of that makes PERFECT sense. You've articulated practically everything I'm trying to.

GAMMA I thought they were still training them on Onyx??? CONFUSION SETTING IN!!!. GOtta reread book again *SIGH* JK

THANKX LT. BUCKMASTER FOR THE INFO. and also for clearing up this mess that i was trying to understand, but at least i have one thing right i guess. :)

So for halo reach, it's just called reach? not halo 3: reach? what if they made another odst game? what would they call it? halo 3: odst 2? i didnt think that made sense.

Aaron said:
So for halo reach, it's just called reach? not halo 3: reach? what if they made another odst game? what would they call it? halo 3: odst 2? i didnt think that made sense.

Aaron, its called Halo: Reach, its is a whole new game with a new engine, and somewhat different gameplay i believe. Its not like Halo 3: ODST

i know, but what i'm saying is that it couldve been called Halo: ODST it really didnt need the 3. the 3 does make the name click.

SchizophrenicMC said:
The MA37 is the Army variant of the MA5. The B and C variants are only somewhat newer than the MA5/37, and the Army uses them more predominantly than the UNSC Marine Corps, either because it's a tried-and-true weapon or it's cheaper.

Not necessarily. The Spartans haven't been explicitly referred to as being in the Army. They're likely still Navy, but working under an Army official under Navy orders.

Thanks, t makes a lot more sense to me now. But i'm pretty sure i heard Carter in one of the character profiles released that "he" or "we're army" Im pretty sure it was in Lone wolf's description. whatever. just thought i'd see what comes up...

Aaron said:
i know, but what i'm saying is that it couldve been called Halo: ODST it really didnt need the 3. the 3 does make the name click.

I think the reason they called it Halo 3 ODST is 1. It was originally intended to be an expansion pack for Halo 3 2. It used the same engine as Halo 3

rvalera11 said:
GAMMA I thought they were still training them on Onyx??? CONFUSION SETTING IN!!!. GOtta reread book again *SIGH* JK

THANKX LT. BUCKMASTER FOR THE INFO. and also for clearing up this mess that i was trying to understand, but at least i have one thing right i guess. :)

Haha. You're welcome.

BTW: I'm a bored 14 year old Filipino kid with nothing to do but talk about Halo and modify Nerf guns. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back