Props New Halo Reach Pistol Pep File (Now with Sliced Win!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you man, Im going to give the sliced version a try, never tried a sliced weapon so I don't know how it wil turn out but it does look simple, Thank you for releasing the file, now I just need to run to Home Depot and get the material.

I tried doing a sliced weapon and it looked amazing. Unfortunately, I made it a little to big, but it still looked amazing. The detail can be better than a pepped weapon, though you sacrifice the lighter weight.

Also, you could mod a sliced weapon to include holes for electronics and other things. One such mod I would like to suggest (if you would not mind, carpathiavh99--if so, please let me know and I will edit my post accordingly) is this:

Include a couple of holes in the magazine as well as the magazine well for three pound magnets. Make sure the holes have a piece that can cover them (to ensure the magnets do not come out). That will ensure that your magazine will not simply fall out of the pistol and will make it look a little more realistic when you simply pull it out to replace it. Or, if you wanted to mess with someone who knows how to handle firearms, remove the magazine before handing it to them to look at (that really makes them geek out).

I think this is going to be my first weapon build. Sliced weapon have always seemed more practical and they looked like they allow more moving parts, if you fiddle with them (electronics, triggers, bolts) Looking forward to it.

Thanks so much. Both of these files are top notch. I'm really glad to see someone edited the handle a bit. I know the thick handles are game accurate, but the game guns are designed to reduce polygons. The smaller handles are definately more realistic and user friendly for people like me who do not have NBA allstar sized hands. :)

Edit: Also just a little caution for anyone who does go to 4shared to download these. 4shared is having some trouble with a nasty little popup. It is one of those particularly nasty viruses that fakes a virus scan telling you your computer is infected. Just to be perfectly clear the problem is NOT with your files or those uploaded by carpathiavh99. The problem is only with the 4shared site. I've been there 3 times today and had the pop-up twice. If you do manage to get the popup DO NOT click anything in the window. Ctrl-Alt-Dlt out of your browser. If you click in the window you will automatically install the virus and these types are EXTREMELY difficult to remove.

Again a big thank you to carpathiavh99.

I assume you used styrene, correct?

Actually, no. You could use it, but 1/16" thick styrene could be a pain to cut. I recommend using 1/16" thick matte board. It is used primarily in picture framing and can be found in the picture framing department at hobby stores like Hobby Lobby or Michael's and you may be able to find some in the crafts department at Wal-Mart. For this project, MAKE SURE that the material you pick up is precisely 1/16" thick. Otherwise it will be either too thin or too thick.

@starvinartist80: Thank you for the warning about the 4shared site. I have occasionally noticed pop-ups from there, but I always automatically close them, assuming they're advertisements or the like.

Thank you everyone for your praise. And don't forget if you decide to build a pistol using this file to post pictures of it here.

@starvinartist80: Thank you for the warning about the 4shared site. I have occasionally noticed pop-ups from there, but I always automatically close them, assuming they're advertisements or the like.

Thank you everyone for your praise. And don't forget if you decide to build a pistol using this file to post pictures of it here.

No problem at all, I do what I can to repay all the hard work and commitment the community members offer. And I am tackling the sliced and pepped in my downtime over the next week or so. I'll be sure to post the results for you as soon as I can. Thanks again

Sliced weapons are the way to go! No need for interior strengthening! Just bondo and GO!
But call now! and....

The sliced version is very nice. I tried it with the SOCOM ODST pistol, and I think I used too thick of a material. I like what you used though!

For slices, I always use sintra. Mostly a 1/8-in sheet, but I might also pick up a few of the 1/16 inch sheets from a local hardware store. The joy of living in a redneck-ish area is they are never short of those 8.5x11 'Beware of Dog' signs.

I've found that I can slice files fairly well with my Rhino program, but now I just need some high detail .obj files. Specifically, a M5AC and a Spartan Laser... but those are being asked for in the proper thread.

Also, is the pistol in the first post a M6C Magnum?

Thanks so much. Both of these files are top notch. I'm really glad to see someone edited the handle a bit. I know the thick handles are game accurate, but the game guns are designed to reduce polygons. The smaller handles are definately more realistic and user friendly for people like me who do not have NBA allstar sized hands. :)

Edit: Also just a little caution for anyone who does go to 4shared to download these. 4shared is having some trouble with a nasty little popup. It is one of those particularly nasty viruses that fakes a virus scan telling you your computer is infected. Just to be perfectly clear the problem is NOT with your files or those uploaded by carpathiavh99. The problem is only with the 4shared site. I've been there 3 times today and had the pop-up twice. If you do manage to get the popup DO NOT click anything in the window. Ctrl-Alt-Dlt out of your browser. If you click in the window you will automatically install the virus and these types are EXTREMELY difficult to remove.

Again a big thank you to carpathiavh99.

Yup those viruses would be the reason I don't own a PC anymore, and the reason my entire gaming library is kaput, and I am definatly going to give the sliced a try!

Also, is the pistol in the first post a M6C Magnum?

The file in the first post is the M6G from Reach. To my knowledge, the M6C is featured in Halo Wars and Halo 2. I've been slowly working on a sliced version of my multi-pistol (which includes parts to make the M6G from Halo 3, the M6C from Halo Wars and Halo 2 and the M6C SOCOM from Halo 3: ODST), but this is a way off yet.

Finished putting this all together. I am going to bondo it tonight. I'm hoping to be finished by this Sunday. I didn't cut out any of the circles I will be putting real screws into it for a little added realism. Thanks for posting the file, this is the first weapon I've done and it was a breeze.

IMG_20110625_154606.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to attach a piece.

IMG_20110625_162623.jpg

Looks great! Just two little nit-picky things. First the upper attachment should be positioned a little further back (not a huge deal). Second, you've got the trigger on upside down. Nothing that will totally destroy the model, but I thought I'd point out.

Great job overall!! It's exciting seeing a file I worked on used. Post a few pics of the finished pistol, I'd love to see it.

Finally! Iv'e been looking for a sliced Reach magnum for forever, and I'm soo happy that the files are this nice! Thank you so much, once I get some mat board, I will definitely be trying this. Yay! :D

CarpathiaVh99,
Since you wanted to see some of the results of your genius in action, here is my build of your sliced M6.

M6Sliced.jpg

I did use a few less slices on the trigger. It just felt more real to be a bit thinner. But beyond that it is all you. Thanks so much for sharing your hard work with the community. Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor because we certianly do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back