New Hd Iron Man Mk V Suitcase Helmet Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox w said:
I just thought it was common sense and manners Not to hijack a man's thread. Oh and Quarter, your hinge method is fabulous, as i build it if i can think of any way to improve it, will let ya know.

Ian: well i was going to pep a new helm, and you sir just clinched which one it will be.

Yes yes, from now on everyone should be asking permission. That's common manners, ask someone to mod their file before making it public, and ask permission for temp hijack.

*Lol'ing at the bottom of the page. Every time I refresh I see the same people lurking...*

Heheh. ^___^

Last edited by a moderator:
dubean33 said:
anyone have any pictures yet? im dyin here :)

haha..if only i had no work,this should be pepped by now(you knew me)..... hope you understand.... :p

picture of your progress please. is this what he gets after motivating him to finish it? LOL :lol

dubean33 said:
anyone have any pictures yet? im dyin here :)

LOL, I swear the worst part of making a model is the waiting for pictures while people start to build it. :p

Dancin_Fool said:
LOL, I swear the worst part of making a model is the waiting for pictures while people start to build it. :p

I now know what you mean! haha. About to post some Mark V pictures. Question for anyone who knows 3ds.. is there a faster way of connecting the two halves of the helmet other than collapsing each vertice with its mirror?

dubean33 said:
I now know what you mean! haha. About to post some Mark V pictures. Question for anyone who knows 3ds.. is there a faster way of connecting the two halves of the helmet other than collapsing each vertice with its mirror?

That's the way I always do it, mirror and then weld all the verts. As long as you play with the tolerance you should be able to cut through it pretty fast. Are you using editable polys or editable meshes?

Dancin_Fool said:
That's the way I always do it, mirror and then weld all the verts. As long as you play with the tolerance you should be able to cut through it pretty fast. Are you using editable polys or editable meshes?

In the "Symmetry" modifier there should be an option to "weld seam", it does it automatically - with editable polys anyway, dunno about meshes.

Then expand the "Symmetry" option, click mirror, and move the mirror half closer to the real half, overlap them by like, 1 pixel.

I'm by no means finished (it's a difficult and tedious pep) and I havn't had much time to work on it, but I'll do some more on it when I get home tonight and take some photos of what I have by the end of the night. ;)

Btw I'm not using the pepped hinge system because it wont fit over my head properly if I do. The size seems great so far. :)

Sounds great jordy! im glad the size its looking right so far

uggggh this is taking me longer than anticipated because of silly stupid errors on my part. but here are some 3 new pics of the helmet. I don't know that you guys will be able to tell much from the first mark V ones i posted but there are, trust me :)

mkv4.png

mkv5.png

mkv6.png

I think there is one more thing im going to change before i start unfolding

Dancin_Fool said:

sharkhead7854 said:
In the "Symmetry" modifier there should be an option to "weld seam", it does it automatically - with editable polys anyway, dunno about meshes.

Then expand the "Symmetry" option, click mirror, and move the mirror half closer to the real half, overlap them by like, 1 pixel.

Ha HAAAAA!!! Maya does that crap automatically!!! Admit... you're all jealous... I would be, if I didn't have Maya. :p

dubean33 said:
i HAVE maya, just havent used it yet :) so IM not too jealous.. although i dunno how to use it.

So you dropped $3,000 on maya and you still haven't used it yet, and dunno how to use it? what are you waiting for?! crack that thing open man

Iron Mang said:
So you dropped $3,000 on maya and you still haven't used it yet, and dunno how to use it? what are you waiting for?! crack that thing open man

Ummm YEA!!! We've ALL dropped 3Gs on Maya... didn't you know? We're all filthy friggin rich! Isn't that awesome, that we can all buy LEGIT copies of maya!!! Because we're all a bunch of law abiding, nice christian boys, now aren't we???

I'm 15, and I have legit copies of Adobe Photoshop CS5, Vegas Pro 9.0, and Zbrush.

=D I make my money off of selling my very, VERY old WoW accounts...

I can't believe people still play that game..

sorry guys, been putting off the mk v and watching Lost.. can you blame me? :phaha Mk V is coming.. i've seriously unfolded this helmet like 5 times. Versions 1,2,2.1, Easy pep, and now the mark v. uggggh im getting a little sick of this unfolded! haha its not so bad except for the eyes. that seriously BLOWS to try and get both eyes symmetrically unfolded.

If your anything like me you've memorized the unfold by now, and it'll be forever burned into your brain! Also, sometimes you'll get the Pick Symmetrical Edge feature to work. May help for the eyes.

keith_hendrix said:
One word... ARF!!! XD....

Tonight, if I will haven't problems, I should be able to post photos. ;)

problems with the build or with uploading pictures? you are doing 2.1 right keith?

i think i am just going to stop setting deadlines for these helmets and just say they're ready when they're ready. hahaha. Mark v is about 85% unfolded. This one is really annoying because of all the little seams. I don't think i'll have to patience to pep this one to be honest. This is why i haven't actually made very many pep parts.. I am great at cuting and folding all the big pieces and it doesnt bother me one bit. as soon as i get to the little intricate pieces, i just shut down and dont want to do it anymore. Anyone else like that too?

anyway, Mark V will be up....soon. probably after i go to sleep tonight. My schedule has been SO messed up because im done with school till fall, jobless till mid june (I have one lined up in texas assembling a new type police riot shield!) and i am a complete night owl. staying up till 4 or later for the past week has really put a damper on my daytime activities. :p

so i think im going to call it a night. can't wait to see pics of your helmets people!

Yuck, Maya ftl.! DX

3DS Max is so much more simple to use.

Helmet looks great so far, did you change the forehead vents since the last pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back