New Hd Iron Man Mk V Suitcase Helmet Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
sharkhead7854 said:
Yuck, Maya ftl.! DX

3DS Max is so much more simple to use.

Helmet looks great so far, did you change the forehead vents since the last pics?

a little bit yeah. I think they look better now than before. There are so few references for this helmet that its really hard to get an accurate helmet. I will probably come back to this later and do a version 2 Mk V if more pictures of the top of the head become available.

Last edited by a moderator:
dubean33 said:
i think i am just going to stop setting deadlines for these helmets and just say they're ready when they're ready. hahaha. Mark v is about 85% unfolded. This one is really annoying because of all the little seams.

And why not doing it without the seams? This way it would be easier for unfoilding and also pepping. It won't be Hyper Hight Def. but would still be HD.

Just my 0.02$

BTW, I can't wait to pep the Mark V helmet :D

dubean33 said:
................................. so i think im going to call it a night. can't wait to see pics of your helmets people!

so you also sleep.... :lol have a nice one.

KaanE said:
And why not doing it without the seams? This way it would be easier for unfoilding and also pepping. It won't be Hyper Hight Def. but would still be HD.

Just my 0.02$

BTW, I can't wait to pep the Mark V helmet :D

well the nice thing is that the 2.0 and 2.1 faceplates will be interchangeable with the Mk V, so if people don't want to pep all the detail they won't have to and can just do it in the body work stage. Its always nice to have options :)

le-yo-ra said:
so you also sleep.... :lol have a nice one.

When i sleep, i sleep a lot! except last night. been running on 4 and a half hours all day.. Why am i still awake?

dubean33 said:
well the nice thing is that the 2.0 and 2.1 faceplates will be interchangeable with the Mk V, so if people don't want to pep all the detail they won't have to and can just do it in the body work stage. Its always nice to have options :)

I didn't know that. Then that's perfect, really :lol

KaanE said:
I didn't know that. Then that's perfect, really :lol

actually, i take that back. Its late and i am tired. haha but i will make a smooth faceplate to fit in with the Mk V for people who want to do it that way

Well it's coming along great Ian.

now get some rest you silly boy lol i'm amazed you can still type straight. And yes I will also add pics of the 2.1 just as soon as i finish pep'ing it up (why must i be such a slow cutter/scorer.. Fox needs a robo.. well that or stealth)

Fox w said:
Well it's coming along great Ian.

now get some rest you silly boy lol i'm amazed you can still type straight. And yes I will also add pics of the 2.1 just as soon as i finish pep'ing it up (why must i be such a slow cutter/scorer.. Fox needs a robo.. well that or stealth)

I think we could all use a STEALTH stowed away inside our closets cutting and scoring while we sleep. hahaha

dubean33 said:
problems with the build or with uploading pictures? you are doing 2.1 right keith?

No problems at this moment Dubean I'm working on the latest 2.1 helmet, but you know the Murphys law yes? I hope I have guessed the extent. :lol ;D ;D

Nooo, poor STEALTH, is already working hard it would be cruel. :eek :)

Ok so I made some more progress tonight, I finished the face-plate, and basically finished the jaw (minus some edge trims). The head is 2/3 of the way. The jaw groove is by far the hardest, most tedious part so far, and after putting the jaw together, it somehow ended up warped during the gluing process...the left side is actually OKAY, but the right side is a DISASTER. I'm either going to start it again (please god no) or try and 'save' it during the bondo.

Anyway enough rambling, heres a face-plate teaser!

Pic0520003.jpg

The eyes turned out nicely and weren't as difficult as I expected.

Not the best picture in the world, but I took it with my phone and I'm sleepy so sue me :)

sharkhead7854 said:
Yuck, Maya ftl.! DX

3DS Max is so much more simple to use.

Helmet looks great so far, did you change the forehead vents since the last pics?

Maya isn't, "Yuck"...

Just because it's awesome power, and many features are too much of a strain for your puney mind. :p

I'm totally kidding by the way... Quartermain is done being mean for the next day or two... at least.

Jordy said:
Ok so I made some more progress tonight, I finished the face-plate, and basically finished the jaw (minus some edge trims). The head is 2/3 of the way. The jaw groove is by far the hardest, most tedious part so far, and after putting the jaw together, it somehow ended up warped during the gluing process...the left side is actually OKAY, but the right side is a DISASTER. I'm either going to start it again (please god no) or try and 'save' it during the bondo.

Anyway enough rambling, heres a face-plate teaser!

Pic0520003.jpg

The eyes turned out nicely and weren't as difficult as I expected.

Not the best picture in the world, but I took it with my phone and I'm sleepy so sue me :)

holy crap the eyes look fantastic! I am SO relieved that they are at least peppable. Looks like a great start jordy, and i hope you can salvage the jaw :)

This is some awesome work Dubean, I'm still working on youre IM bust but as soon as I get that done, this is next. :)

Kinjo said:
This is some awesome work Dubean, I'm still working on youre IM bust but as soon as I get that done, this is next. :)

Oh dang, do you have pictures of it? I haven't seen anyone build it. It was a rather sloppy model. I think i could go back and fix quite a bit with it now. Hope its going well though!

project_phoenix said:
dubean I'm curious. If you don't mind me asking, how long will it be before the mark V helmet is done? Keep up the great work!

ah im sorry. I've been so deterred with unfolding all the little pieces and such. i just gotta sit down and DO it. its seriously almost done.

dubean33 said:
Oh dang, do you have pictures of it? I haven't seen anyone build it. It was a rather sloppy model. I think i could go back and fix quite a bit with it now. Hope its going well though!

ah im sorry. I've been so deterred with unfolding all the little pieces and such. i just gotta sit down and DO it. its seriously almost done.

sorry for the stalking, but thats all good! I can't wait! because of you I now have to add a MK V build to my projects!

dubean33 said:

Sure just remember its in the real rough stage right now :) and I also built this in 1/2 scale intead of full just so it would fit on my Dads desk in his office. Its gonna be a late birthday present as the first one didnt go very well. lol

and yea if you wanted to go back and fix it after War Machine is done that would be great. :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back