New Hd Iron Man Mk V Suitcase Helmet Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know it seems everyone was hoping for the War Machine helmet first, but I'm glad to see your taking on the Mark V. There are already a few War Machine pep files, and I cant say I've seen one for the Mark V yet. I know that your focused on the helmet, but what are your thoughts on the suit? Inevitably someone will pep the suit, but how practical do you think it would be considering the overall design of the suit?

Last edited by a moderator:
AerialInk said:
I know it seems everyone was hoping for the War Machine helmet first, but I'm glad to see your taking on the Mark V. There are already a few War Machine pep files, and I cant say I've seen one for the Mark V yet. I know that your focused on the helmet, but what are your thoughts on the suit? Inevitably someone will pep the suit, but how practical do you think it would be considering the overall design of the suit?

Pep makes absolutely no sense for the suit design. This would be a far better and less time consuming method.

Clicky for the suit build

Samuray said:
It's something that I started doing for myself and I thought others might benefit from it and I also said that if Dubean wasn't cool with it, I can take down the post and the file. I'm sorry if you guys took it as an afront. I'm not trying to take away from what Dubean has done just like I'm sure he's not trying to take away from Sharkhead or Dungbeetle by modifying their files. No one complained about the original files at first either, but Dubean thought that something could be better about it, so he fixed and as a courtesy (I assume) he was nice enough to post it for our enjoyment. As for my changes, I like the way that the new helmet looks better than the Sharkhead/Dungbeetle hybrid looked, but I like easier peps and then adding details later. I didn't unfold it, because I wasn't and I'm still not sure I want to re-do another helmet at this point, but I thought someone could benefit from it before I made my decision.

As for the "sharkhead helmet with some fix proportions", that can be a big thing for people. That's essentially what all of us have been doing with our files since the original Sharkhead and Dungbeetle helmets were put up.

Anyways, I'm not looking to start a fight or anything. Just thought I'd explain myself. I'll stop posting in this thread now. I'd hate for this thread to be locked because it became some kind of flame war.

Again, Dubean, great job.

Hey man, i REALLY didn't mean for it to sound like i was being blunt and well.. rude to you. I was a tiny bit peeved but mostly confused as to why the other guy had reunfolded what i thought was an already pretty good unfold. I think i was still riding on the coat tails of that as Quartermain was probably too. I don't want you to be offended in any way and i actually think having the smooth version you did is a nice idea. I can add it to the first post if you'd like, although its still not unfolded i assume? I think you had all the best intentions and i apologize that i didn't come off as very grateful. Since this pep is going to be rather difficult, i think having yours for the newbies out there to try is not a bad idea at all. Also, I don't want you to stop posting in this thread as there is no hostility coming from me and i really appreciated your critiques and constructive criticisms before. Again, sorry buddy. I totally understand what you were trying to do, i just think the timing was a bit off :phaha. I hope you understand and will continue to give me feedback and participate in this thread.

- Ian

Wow, I have been absent for a while and I find:

Two beautiful versions of the Mark III helmet (I'm almost finished assembling yours, Samurai and is beautiful and easy to assemble), and you're creating that of the Mark V Dubean .. I'm in heaven, say thanks is not enough! :D :D :D

PS. uuuuuh :( :( :( ... I'm forced to wait until tomorrow to be able to print :D :D :D

I can haz Mark V helm nao? Seriously though, it looks great. I should have a couple pics up tommorow of the v2.1. And if you don't mind me asking, are you using 3ds?

WOOO!!! Hahah, lovin' it man!

Looks like now we have a DungSharkBean helmet lol.

I'm ashamed to say, but I was going to resin my helmet today. Now I have to use this updated version LOL.

Hey, if you want to take a crack at War Machine... I've been keeping something hidden for a while.

4619995868_d587a238b0_o.jpg

4619831202_faf660b903_o.jpg

4619831322_7d4cc0ced0_o.jpg

Almost fully detailed (though the photos don't show them all), just needs to be shaped some more. Unfortunately I have school and graduation to worry about at the moment, so if you want it, lemme know. :)

And hopefully a model that people want to use when I release it.

4619217899_4b2c7f3635_o.jpg

No where close to done, but I made this whole chest piece this morning. :)

keith_hendrix said:
Wow, I have been absent for a while and I find:

Two beautiful versions of the Mark III helmet (I'm almost finished assembling yours, Samurai and is beautiful and easy to assemble), and you're creating that of the Mark V Dubean .. I'm in heaven, say thanks is not enough! :D :D :D

PS. uuuuuh :( :( :( ... I'm forced to wait until tomorrow to be able to print :D :D :D

The mark V will be released tonight. Still some tweaks and such and i want to get your guys opinions of it before i get to the unfold stage. I am really loving all those collaboration work, its pretty cool. I'll unfold samurays helmet here in a few minutes. that will be a nice addition to this line of helmets.

Cant wait to see your pictures keith :)

Jason02 said:
I can haz Mark V helm nao? Seriously though, it looks great. I should have a couple pics up tommorow of the v2.1. And if you don't mind me asking, are you using 3ds?

Soon buddy! yeah im using 3ds 2009. I also have maya but haven't used it yet. Need to focus on one thing at a time here

sharkhead, that is truly beautiful! i'd be glad to take over for you and "HD"ify your war machine up a bit

sharkhead7854 said:
WOOO!!! Hahah, lovin' it man!

Looks like now we have a DungSharkBean helmet lol.

I'm ashamed to say, but I was going to resin my helmet today. Now I have to use this updated version LOL.

Hey, if you want to take a crack at War Machine... I've been keeping something hidden for a while.

4619995868_d587a238b0_o.jpg

4619831202_faf660b903_o.jpg

4619831322_7d4cc0ced0_o.jpg

Almost fully detailed (though the photos don't show them all), just needs to be shaped some more. Unfortunately I have school and graduation to worry about at the moment, so if you want it, lemme know. :)

And hopefully a model that people want to use when I release it.

4619217899_4b2c7f3635_o.jpg

No where close to done, but I made this whole chest piece this morning. :)

I am making that chest the second its available! I tip my hat for your excellent skills!

dubean33 said:
Hey man, i REALLY didn't mean for it to sound like i was being blunt and well.. rude to you. I was a tiny bit peeved but mostly confused as to why the other guy had reunfolded what i thought was an already pretty good unfold. I think i was still riding on the coat tails of that as Quartermain was probably too. I don't want you to be offended in any way and i actually think having the smooth version you did is a nice idea. I can add it to the first post if you'd like, although its still not unfolded i assume? I think you had all the best intentions and i apologize that i didn't come off as very grateful. Since this pep is going to be rather difficult, i think having yours for the newbies out there to try is not a bad idea at all. Also, I don't want you to stop posting in this thread as there is no hostility coming from me and i really appreciated your critiques and constructive criticisms before. Again, sorry buddy. I totally understand what you were trying to do, i just think the timing was a bit off :phaha. I hope you understand and will continue to give me feedback and participate in this thread.

- Ian

Well, don't I feel foolish. Sorry we had that misunderstanding. The problem with the internet and text is that there's no tone of voice (most of the time). It was the reason my fiance' and I had as many arguments as we did on AIM in the early days of our relationship XD

Samuray said:
Well, don't I feel foolish. Sorry we had that misunderstanding. The problem with the internet and text is that there's no tone of voice (most of the time).

dont feel foolish, it was my bad buddy. I am almost done unfolding your helmet :)

I'm done printing, but I realized that I printed it on pink cardstock.. So you're going to see a pimp-daddy ironman helmet. =D

shadow8136 said:
I'm done printing, but I realized that I printed it on pink cardstock.. So you're going to see a pimp-daddy ironman helmet. =D

Ha.... my wife take cardstock from her office for me so I can save on the 14.99 Staples price tag, and she brought home lavender the other day. I said to her I didn't realise Col. Rhodes was a lavender man, Don't ask Don't tell....

My Iron Man MK III Helmet Build

shadow8136 said:

Awesome.

You should just resin and fiberglass it.

Holy cow... you guys did it again. I don't log in till the afternoon and there's two new pages of crap to read... I hate reading.

Anyhoo... I'm glad we're all friends now, but since I was left out of the group hug, I'd just like to repeat that my earlier comment wasn't personal. I was venting at the world. Though I'm not retracting my statement, as the phenomenon is still present and still annoying, I'm sorry that you took it so hard Samuray...

We should all make a rule to ask permission before presenting tweaked versions of a man's pep on his original thread.

Quartermain3000 said:
We should all make a rule to ask permission before presenting tweaked versions of a man's pep on his original thread.

I just thought it was common sense and manners Not to hijack a man's thread. Oh and Quarter, your hinge method is fabulous, as i build it if i can think of any way to improve it, will let ya know.

Ian: well i was going to pep a new helm, and you sir just clinched which one it will be.

Well, he did say

"You should do that for version 2.1 too!"

A couple of posts ago.

Sorry Dx

Oh, the faceplate fits so perfectly =D I'm so happy!

Fox w said:
I just thought it was common sense and manners Not to hijack a man's thread. Oh and Quarter, your hinge method is fabulous, as i build it if i can think of any way to improve it, will let ya know.

Ian: well i was going to pep a new helm, and you sir just clinched which one it will be.

Rock on, man. The idea is in the prototype phase, so do with it what you will. I was actually thinking of incorporating one of those little lazy-suzan pivot thingys, as they are already made, ball-bearing smooth, and you just glue them into place. I'm pretty sure they make them as small as 2-3 inches... or you can just get a set of casters and cut the pivots out of them... that'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back