New Hd Iron Man Mk V Suitcase Helmet Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
project_phoenix said:
I just printed your Mk 5 helmet! Oh boy this should be fun...(so small...) I'm a slow peper, but I'll get pics as I can.

good luck! can't wait. If there are any problems you encounter on the unfold let me know so i can fix it

Last edited by a moderator:
dubean33 said:
good luck! can't wait. If there are any problems you encounter on the unfold let me know so i can fix it

Doob, you're puttin' way too much time into this, man... it's unhealthy, and you're not even getting paid for it.

Quartermain3000 said:
Doob, you're puttin' way too much time into this, man... it's unhealthy, and you're not even getting paid for it.

i'd be more than willing to get paid for this :pAny takers? haha

Can I admit right now I'm totally new to this and it doesn't help that my brain has suddenly decide to shut down. I'm currently working on the front top part of the helmet using MK VI I believe it is and version 2.1 I'm currently staring at the bottom piece (that sticks out further) trying my hardest to suss out which way its meant to bend, I've tried both and neither looks right. Help please. Added a pic to hopefully show where I mean alittle better and for anyone who has the pepakura file in front of them its on page 2.

100_3554-1.jpg

naurarwen said:
@ naurarwen

As long as you didn't change the settings of the original file, you can check this in Pepakura. First open the file, then go to Settings> Other Settings(under the line style tab)you should see two different line patterns, one indicates a mountain fold("^"-folds down) and the other a valley fold("V"-folds up). Hope that helps

AerialInk said:
As long as you didn't change the settings of the original file, you can check this in Pepakura. First open the file, then go to Settings> Other Settings(under the line style tab)you should see two different line patterns, one indicates a mountain fold("^"-folds down) and the other a valley fold("V"-folds up). Hope that helps

Oh thankies yeah I tried it sticking out and for some reason it just didn't look right have done it now so it kinda sticks together and will kinda just hope it all looks right when i put it together lol

Quartermain3000 said:
Sweet, Jordy... nice job.

Thankyou :)

dubean33 said:
Jordy that is gorgeous! Even though you say its a rush job, i think the beauty of the model definitely wins out. This is such a proud moment for me to see someone finish it! Also seeing someone do my iron man bust is awesome :)

Those and the eyes are what i was most worried about, but seriously man even with a rush its fantastic.

how difficult was it to put together all the side grooves and chin grooves? Also did anyone ever get far enough on v1.0 to see if the hinge system could work even though its a bit big?

Thanks! I have to say...I hated the grooves! They were the most tedious part of this pep. The chin groove gave me much grief!! So many folds on such thin strips! It gave me nightmares.. :rolleyes

The eyes were actually pretty fun to put together, it was cool seeing how they turned out since I havn't done anything like it before. I peped each eye on its own and then attached them, I found this to be the easiest way. I was surprised at the amount of pieces left over for the hinge system alone, so if you don't plan on adding it, I'd remove it from the pep before printing. ;)

Today I'm going to resin it, and I might even start sculpting tonight, I'll post a few pictures as I make progress.

EDIT:I'd also like to add that there were a few 'mods' to be made to the helm, such as gaps to fill with scrap cardstock, because I didn't include the hinge system and I attached the lower back piece to the head (which didnt turn out very smoothly lol). The faceplate didn't meet up to the top of the head properly for some reason so I had to 'fill' that gap also. To those making this.. don't be afraid to make mods to your helmet, it is only an armature, and any small faults will be fixed with body-filler.

(The bloody resin has been 'drying' for almost 4 hours now! It has been raining so it is a little chilly, but JEEEZ 4 hours?!)

do you have a portable space heater or something? That resin needs heat to react and cure. Also lots of catalyst helps. haha

I'm also from Spain, nice to see people from there.

I can't wait to start pepping the Mark V helmet, but I'm not at home until July... Frak!

DAYUDOCAMA said:
now im glueing the face plate

Surprise!!!!!!!!

i found that in instructables is how to make the see-through lightning eyes!!!!

step 9Lighting Up The Eyes

Not to be negative, but that Instructibles is a fairly quick, and easy (shoddy) way of doing it, especiually if you putr the time and effort to produce a nice helmet. Why do a rush job when there are better options? I will be offering Lighting Mod Kits Shortly.... for those really interested and whom want to save time and effort, they will be easily installable. Just see my thread (not to Hijack, sorry Dub)! With the eyes on my helmet you get a bright light day or night, and you can clearly and visibly see out from from within! My lighting system also allows for later hinge, and movement freedom because of its wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back