New Hd Iron Man Mk V Suitcase Helmet Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hikuro said:
Hmmm can't remember which one, it was one of the better looking at the time that's for sure. But it's still enormous even for me.

Only issue I see with this file is that it's not Edge ID friendly which sucks cause I personally need that to know what the blank I'm doing lol.

But I'm gonna give it a try, see how it turns out!

you can turn the edge id on! just go into 2dPatternWindow and turn it on! i always have it turned off when i unfold because it slows my computer down a bit and i forget to turn it back on before saving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dubean33 for this amazing helmet! Peping the face plate now. The eyes are extremely intricate but I'm sure the detail will be well worth it. Hopefully someone else will post a pic of a finished pep soon.

hi dub im pepping the 2.1 and i have 2 questions

1. i have to cut that?

[attachment=16657:as.png]

2.how i pep that?

[attachment=16658:sd.png]

please answer quickly im pepping right now

DAYUDOCAMA said:
hi dub im pepping the 2.1 and i have 2 questions

1. i have to cut that?

[attachment=16657:as.png]

2.how i pep that?

[attachment=16658:sd.png]

please answer quickly im pepping right now

on number 1, you don't have to cut it if its that close together, but you may want to score it a bit. As for number two.. try printing off the Mark V eye pieces. They'll fit into v2.1 but the numbers wont match since its a different model. Mk V eyes are easier to pep and the unfold was cleaner on it. My bad ill have to fix that spot on v 2.1

thank you i keep pepping :D

but i have to go to buy some carstock

will be a iron man hd helmet 2.2?

Edit:

by now i have cutted 6 pages (not folded)

and i have to pep with coloured cardstock :(

Dude seriously this is absolutely amazing. Still haven't decided which suit I want to make yet but I'm thinking the Mark VI. And my other half wants the War Machine suit so looks like this is gonna be alot of hard work ahead of me in the future. I'm just wondering if anyone UK based knows the best places to get the paper/card for the pep and various other materials. Sorry if this has been asked before I've not been on the forum for ages and only managed to find it again after googling Iron Man Pepakura.

Cheers for any help.

OKAY! I've finished the helmet. First of all I'd like to say... I RUSHED IT! I took shortcuts, and it's a sloppy pep job! I'm saying this because I probably didn't do Dubean's work any justice. Having said that I'm still very happy with how this helmet turned out and can't wait to start sculpting with body-filler. :D

I didn't add the ears to make bondo'ing the details around the earpiece alot easier, they'll be added later. ;)

Onto the pictures!

Pic0521009.jpg

Pic0521010.jpg

Pic0521011.jpg

Pic0521012.jpg

More photos for ironerd!

Pic0521016.jpg

Pic0521014.jpg

(Sorry for the poor quality, combination of a bad camera phone & bad lighting. It's hard to see some awesome details like the eye layers etc.)

Thanks again Dubean!! Keep up the awesome work! :cool

Looks killer Jorday. Wish you had some higher rez pictures for us to see those details... can you take another close of shot of the grooves running along side the head?

Jordy said:
OKAY! I've finished the helmet. First of all I'd like to say... I RUSHED IT! I took shortcuts, and it's a sloppy pep job! I'm saying this because I probably didn't do Dubean's work any justice. Having said that I'm still very happy with how this helmet turned out and can't wait to start sculpting with body-filler. :D

I didn't add the ears to make bondo'ing the details around the earpiece alot easier, they'll be added later. ;)

Onto the pictures!

Pic0521009.jpg

Pic0521010.jpg

Pic0521011.jpg

Pic0521012.jpg

(Sorry for the poor quality, combination of a bad camera phone & bad lighting. It's hard to see some awesome details like the eye layers etc.)

Thanks again Dubean!! Keep up the awesome work! :cool

DAYUDOCAMA said:
HI AGAIN i have another question

how i should cut that??

[attachment=16666:sdd.png]

The tabs are just overlapping, cut the smaller little triangles off at the end and just split the larger triangles into separate tabs as usual.

Just cut on the middle flap, it should result in three flaps.

DAYUDOCAMA said:
HI AGAIN i have another question

how i should cut that??

[attachment=16666:sdd.png]

hey Dubean i sent you a reconvert of the MarkV i noticed that the first one i sent has no numbers! im such a bonehead sometimes. anyways this is awesome! cant wait to get started today! thanks again for the amazing work.

Another possibly silly question but what size paper is this on I'm not sure if I saw it somewhere in the topic or not as when I looked to printing it it said my paper was the wrong size and asked if I wanted to adjust the scale

DAYUDOCAMA said:
its letter size you have to use the pepkara editor to change it to another

Ah right the paper I have is A4 I've changed the paper size on it now and after a bit of messing managed to get all the bits back onto the paper again so think we're sorted now. Thanks for that.

Jordy that is gorgeous! Even though you say its a rush job, i think the beauty of the model definitely wins out. This is such a proud moment for me to see someone finish it! Also seeing someone do my iron man bust is awesome :)

Those and the eyes are what i was most worried about, but seriously man even with a rush its fantastic.

how difficult was it to put together all the side grooves and chin grooves? Also did anyone ever get far enough on v1.0 to see if the hinge system could work even though its a bit big?

I still have to go through the unfold and fix any minor errors, if you guys see anything worth revision let me know or take a picture. Version i guess that would have to be 2.1.1?

As for a v2.2 im sure there will be one a bit later on as i still think there are some errors in size and proportions of parts. I think i brought the chin in a little too much. Stuff like that etc. For right now though, 2.1 is the best way to go!

If anyone (and i hope everyone) else who peps this, feel free (obligated) to post pictures here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back