New Hd Iron Man Mk V Suitcase Helmet Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAYUDOCAMA said:
the instructble is for pepople that doesnt want to buy things from internet......(like my father)

No worries, we all do as best we can...

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be possible to post these 2 awesome helmets over the Ironman Builders Club (SIWDAT)? Of course, I'll give you full credits on these.

dubean33 said:
do you have a portable space heater or something? That resin needs heat to react and cure. Also lots of catalyst helps. haha

I don't. :(

I put a decent amount of hardener in, I guess it wasn't enough, now 9 hours later and its still wet, the parts that have dried have basically soaked into the cardstock and done nothing...like water. Doesn't look at all like my other resined pieces. If tomorrows a nice day I'll give it another HOT coat.

Thanks for the up close shots Jordy!

P.S. My name is Jordan so I think we are rockin' the same name.

Jordy said:
OKAY! I've finished the helmet. First of all I'd like to say... I RUSHED IT! I took shortcuts, and it's a sloppy pep job! I'm saying this because I probably didn't do Dubean's work any justice. Having said that I'm still very happy with how this helmet turned out and can't wait to start sculpting with body-filler. :D

I didn't add the ears to make bondo'ing the details around the earpiece alot easier, they'll be added later. ;)

Onto the pictures!

Pic0521009.jpg

Pic0521010.jpg

Pic0521011.jpg

Pic0521012.jpg

More photos for ironerd!

Pic0521016.jpg

Pic0521014.jpg

(Sorry for the poor quality, combination of a bad camera phone & bad lighting. It's hard to see some awesome details like the eye layers etc.)

Thanks again Dubean!! Keep up the awesome work! :cool

You need to click on the link to the original thread on rpf and then click the link and it works.

Justanuthercap said:
The MK V link says it's not valid. Any ideas whats up?

ironerd said:
You need to click on the link to the original thread on rpf and then click the link and it works.

having the same problem, ironerd. any help reuploading that one or giving me the link please? thanks in advance.

Saber1138 said:
Not to be negative, but that Instructibles is a fairly quick, and easy (shoddy) way of doing it, especiually if you putr the time and effort to produce a nice helmet. Why do a rush job when there are better options? I will be offering Lighting Mod Kits Shortly.... for those really interested and whom want to save time and effort, they will be easily installable. Just see my thread (not to Hijack, sorry Dub)! With the eyes on my helmet you get a bright light day or night, and you can clearly and visibly see out from from within! My lighting system also allows for later hinge, and movement freedom because of its wiring.

It's quite convenient to bash other people's ways of lighting the eyes when you just happen to be selling kits yourself.

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to this site but I absolutely love it and from what I've seen of the 2.1 version helmet

I really really want my next project to be based off of this. My only problem is that I too am having

the issue of the link not being valid and I have tried everything I could find on here and the RPF to

no avail! Is there something I'm missing? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hobbyist Prime said:
Hi All,

I'm fairly new to this site but I absolutely love it and from what I've seen of the 2.1 version helmet

I really really want my next project to be based off of this. My only problem is that I too am having

the issue of the link not being valid and I have tried everything I could find on here and the RPF to

no avail! Is there something I'm missing? any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only link that was down when i checked was the Mk V helmet. I think i had accidentally deleted the wrong file and that one got shut down. Mk V is up again and when i check the links to the 2.1 and the Mk V PDF they both worked. Not sure if anyone else is still having this problem.

Here is the same 2.1 link thats working for me

http://www.4shared.com/get/291919792/1ecf631b/Dubean33_-_Sharkhead_HD_Iron_M.html

hope it works for everyone else

Hey Ian. Starting the hd war machine soon? Or are you taking a well deserved break?

Just wondering if I should wait a bit or start sculpting it. its all good either way

Keep up the good work bud. :)

STEALTH said:
Hey Ian. Starting the hd war machine soon? Or are you taking a well deserved break?

Just wondering if I should wait a bit or start sculpting it. its all good either way

Keep up the good work bud. :)

Well the girlfriend is in town this weekend so there wont be any work started on War Machine till at least monday. GF takes priority over War machine, otherwise i'd be in big trouble. hahah

dubean33 said:
Well the girlfriend is in town this weekend so there wont be any work started on War Machine till at least monday. GF takes priority over War machine, otherwise i'd be in big trouble. hahah

At least you have a girlfriend! lol can't wait for war machine!

Wow the forums are back, swish! :D

Alright, I posted these in a similar thread over on the RPF. These are some progress shots of the helmet from a couple of days ago, so you guys can see how it's turning out.

Pic0523002.jpg

Pic0523005.jpg

Pic0523007.jpg

Will post more photos as I progress. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back