New Hd Iron Man Mk V Suitcase Helmet Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Santa ...eherm! Dubean, i'm very curious about the 'surprise?!' thing... what is it? what is it? what is it? :rolleyes

Woooooooow, this looks WICKED Dubean! The eyes are perfect!

As far as critiques go, as you said the chin sticks out too much, and I think the jaw may be a LITTLE wide, it's probably just me though, it's hard to tell. :p

But really, slope the chin down as you said, and then BAM! The most perfect Iron Man helmet! :D

Heres a couple of pics I put together if you need any further references:

th_bust_pics.jpg

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png
Where is this pep you speak of!? LOL JK Wanted to add some humor....

le-yo-ra said:
hey Santa ...eherm! Dubean, i'm very curious about the 'surprise?!' thing... what is it? what is it? what is it? :rolleyes

I'm about to show you!

Jordy said:
Woooooooow, this looks WICKED Dubean! The eyes are perfect!

As far as critiques go, as you said the chin sticks out too much, and I think the jaw may be a LITTLE wide, it's probably just me though, it's hard to tell. :p

But really, slope the chin down as you said, and then BAM! The most perfect Iron Man helmet! :D

Heres a couple of pics I put together if you need any further references:

th_bust_pics.jpg

Thanks for the pics dude, i am making final adjustments right now :)

Consider the chin sloped!

A1TD said:
PERFECT!!! Dubean

If only it was actually perfect! i think any imperfections will be able to be fixed with some body filler. This model is very close so it shouldn't need too much work. Thats the idea anyway!

MxRacer476 said:
800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png
Where is this pep you speak of!? LOL JK Wanted to add some humor....

its coming soon! ahhh run from the crazy simpsons mob!

Picture update!!

OKAY so, the big surprise which i believe i able to figure out, was a sliding track hinge connected to the ear piece and a corresponding track hinge on the main helmet part. IN THEORY when its all pepped and resined and carefully done, you will be able to take the back of the helmet and slide it UP insde the helmet to put your head in. then simply slide it back down to "lock" it in place.

as you can see in this pic, the rear portion of the helmet is indeed separate and looks as though it slides upward (and down) to allow for more room. Now i don't know how well this will actually work but it should. If it doesnt and is too big inside then ill upload another version without it.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Im photoshopping some comparison photos right now so ill let you guys take a look at those and then see if you think its close enough :)

- Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
The best designs made combine aesthetics and functionality, and this helmet is no exception. Keep up the great work :D

AerialInk said:
The best designs made combine aesthetics and functionality, and this helmet is no exception. Keep up the great work :D

I completely agree. To me, aesthetics most often useless without funtionality! Oh and simplicity. that's always nice too.

Thanks dude

Iron Mang said:
its official, you have the best iron man helm pepakura on the internet

well thats what i set out to do, so i'm glad its even getting considered that. I wanted something that would be very accurate as just a pep with not body work done yet. Many of the Mark 6 Masterchief helmets out there look fantastic and have so many details that look so good. I wanted an Iron Man helmet like that and there just weren't any that did that for me yet.

Have started the unfold! v1 took about 2 hours to do (with distractions and such). Hope to have this up by midnight west coast time.

llinformerll said:
Wow! Thats extremely accurate.

Thanks man i really appreciate the praise you guys have given me. It really keeps me motivated to get this thing done and make it the best it can be.

so...... I have a proposition for you guys..

What would you like to see more,

an "HD" War Machine courtesies of the famous mr JUICE (still not all that close to being done)

OR

an "HD" Iron Man MK V Suitcase Suit helmet?

Personally im leaning toward the MK V, as i feel modifying this current helmet would be easier than doing a lot of scratch work for the WM one.

unfold update - I am really happy with how its turning out so far, The big pieces have been some of the easiest Iron man/War machine parts i've unfolded so far. Haven't gotten to the intricate details yet but at least the "easy" parts will be easy!

Nice to hear the unfold is going smoothly! ;)

As far as the War Machine Vs. MK V...

I'm inclined to say War Machine, simply because of it's popularity right now and there hasn't been much request for a MK V, as of yet.

The only real differences I can see at first glance between the MK III & MK V, is the head scoop, and the grooves/lines across the face-plate, so it should be simple to mod anyways :)

ironman01.jpg

they've said almost every thing to praise you! nothing left for me to say :D ....... i will just have to wait for the release.... the retractable back part is the most awesome......

very nice and accurate :D (one thing is the dome of the head to high/ or it's just me? hehe)

i forgot,, war machine is my choice, and do the same retractable backpart,for functionality....cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back