New Hd Iron Man Mk V Suitcase Helmet Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
ironerd said:
Since it is a 3d model.. think you could animated the back pivot system? that would be rad.

I second that notion. it would be nice to see it visually how it works!

Last edited by a moderator:
Iron Mang said:
I second that notion. it would be nice to see it visually how it works!

I still at this point don't know how to animate things.. i'll have to look into it

telak said:
just downloaded the new hd file but it wants a pass word hellp please

If im not mistaken you are using pepakura viewer and cannot edit and save a file, you can only view and print without a serial number (a password). If thats not the case, then i have no idea. There is no password on the file

keith_hendrix said:
WIN WIN WIN, Pure Win, You are Great Sir! :D :D :D

thank you! just a heads up guys..... I hate to do this to you again, but version 2.1 will be unfolded in the next few hours. It does not include the hinge as some flaws in the design were made known me. Also that the hinge is rather big. Quartermain3000 has come up with a fairly simple way to scratch build a hinge that will not add any thickness. I think this is a better idea than having a pepped hinge. If you guys want to build v2.0 go for it, i think it would be fairly easy to not include the hinge if you so choose. Lastly, some vertices in the eye piece and jaw line were cleaned up for v2.1 and should help alleviate some stress in the pepping stage for you all

Just wanted to throw my $.02 in the hat. This is a great effort and I look forward to trying this pep out. Its detail oriented folk like you Dubean that continue to fuel my desires to continue with this project. I'm also interested to see the scratch built hinge Quartermain3000 has developed. Again excellent work sir. I commend you!

thank you! just a heads up guys..... I hate to do this to you again, but version 2.1 will be unfolded in the next few hours. It does not include the hinge as some flaws in the design were made known me. Also that the hinge is rather big. Quartermain3000 has come up with a fairly simple way to scratch build a hinge that will not add any thickness. I think this is a better idea than having a pepped hinge. If you guys want to build v2.0 go for it, i think it would be fairly easy to not include the hinge if you so choose. Lastly, some vertices in the eye piece and jaw line were cleaned up for v2.1 and should help alleviate some stress in the pepping stage for you all

How soon are we talkin it'll be posted?

Great build! Just to help the Iron-Man Lovers out there for the build, I've removed as much tiny spots as I can, so that it'll be easier to put together.

EDIT: Made it so that it's no longer 16 pages, but 12! =]

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mn1rmmmyonm

Enjoy! =] I can't wait to see what else you have in store! =D

shadow8136 said:
Great build! Just to help the Iron-Man Lovers out there for the build, I've removed as much tiny spots as I can, so that it'll be easier to put together.

EDIT: Made it so that it's no longer 16 pages, but 12! =]

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mn1rmmmyonm

Enjoy! =] I can't wait to see what else you have in store! =D

Sweet! Maybe you can do the same for version 2.1 as well!

Verson 2.1 is unfolded. You can get it Here

This has no hinge and the eyes will be considerably easier to build. Still not easy though. haha. Good luck and build away! post pics too

shadow8136 said:
Currently re-unfolding Version 2.1! Link will be available soon =D

EDIT:

What a small change Dx

i guess im a little confused. why does it need to be re unfolded? Its already a smooth unfold with the largest pieces possible..

I agree Dubean.. your unfold is great.

shadow. your unfold may be less pages but it's like a million small pieces... what Dubean did is called a smoothunfold.. makes for an easier build and less bondo work down the road.

Thanks again Dubean.

Only question I got is the scaling, right now the last Ironman helmet I made was set at 347mm and it's huge and some what unattractive now. How's this gonna be different?

What I meant by re-unfolding means:

EDIT: @Ironerd

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks!

Your unfolding is great, and all I'm doing is just making whoever prints this use less paper. =D

I'm just doing the same thing I did with the file you provided on the first page.

You had 14 pages, and I reduced it to 10 pages. =3

I don't know whether his or mine will preserve more detail, but I guess it's up to the person to pick which file to use. =]

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mcdj4e4jzd2

Enjoy =]

I scaled it as large as I could without the larger/longer pieces going off the page. I'm still thinking it may be too small. JUST. (I'm 6'0, after I finish pepping the head piece I'l let you know how it fits.)

Btw I didn't get around to starting this until late last night, and I've only done the top of the head and one side so far. I'm building the 2.0 :pI dont have enough paper to print a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back