New HD Jorge Backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

brkat02

I was going to post this in the 3d modeling section, but as I'm still a Noob I'll post it here... I just finished a new HD Jorge backpack, and a tester file, neither are unfolded yet, but here they are, let me know what you think...

Brkat02Backpack01.png

Brkat02Backpack02.png

Brkat02Backpack03.png

Jorge Backpack by Brkat02.pdo

Brkat02Backpacktester.png

Jorge Backpack Tester byBrkat02.pdo

I'll try to get around to unfolding these asap, unless someone else beats me to it...

Edit, The HD file is unfolded now... see post 18 for more details...

Very accurate and detailed ! I just had a pair of shins modeled accurate to the game and now have a backpack, it’s like Christmas today !!! I’ll start unfolding this tonight and should get the shins and backpack done by next Friday very excited . This Jorge builder is very Happy today and I will keep you posted on the building backpack progress !

thanks, I was afraid it was going to look like crap, being my first model, but i'm pretty happy with it, I can't wait to see it pep'ed, as for me I'm not going to pep it until I have my chest piece done, I'd hate to pep the backpack based off what I think my chest piece will be and then find out I have to do it all over...

I'm either going to model his chest or left shoulder next, probably the shoulder, it should be easy compaired to this beast... just need to find some good ref pics for both...

I was going to post this in the 3d modeling section, but as I'm still a Noob I'll post it here... I just finished a new HD Jorge backpack, and a tester file, neither are unfolded yet, but here they are, let me know what you think...

Brkat02Backpack02.png

Jorge Backpack by Brkat02.pdo

I'll try to get around to unfolding these asap, unless someone else beats me to it...
Kudos on an excellent job of modeling the backpack! However, before you start unfolding this beauty, I spotted a very minor error on the model (see below):

Jorgebackpackerror.png

Note that dark sliver that I highlighted in the pic. It's kinda like a "phantom" face that comes and goes when you rotate the model. You'll find another one on the other side of the backpack. If unfolded without eliminating this extra face, it will result in a pep piece that will be very distorted when put together with the other pieces. It can be easily remedied by converting the original model to 3ds and then into pdo.

Kudos on an excellent job of modeling the backpack! However, before you start unfolding this beauty, I spotted a very minor error on the model (see below):

Note that dark sliver that I highlighted in the pic. It's kinda like a "phantom" face that comes and goes when you rotate the model. You'll find another one on the other side of the backpack. If unfolded without eliminating this extra face, it will result in a pep piece that will be very distorted when put together with the other pieces. It can be easily remedied by converting the original model to 3ds and then into pdo.

Thanks for the kudos, I thought I had finally gotten all those little bastards.... I'll get on it tonight.... and hopefully I can knock it out quickly

EDIT: I think I got them all, I had to go in and add connecting lines to some of the polygons to get rid of them... I've updated the file & link to it above, if you see anymore let me know, but my eyes are crossed right now so i'm going to hit the sack... night 405th...

UPDATE: Everytime I start to unfold the HD file, I find something else that needs to be fixed, I'm about to upload the latest version of the non-unfolded file and when my eye's become uncrossed again I'll try to unfold it again... If you notice anything that looks off let me know, and I'll tell you I have a whole knew respect for everyone on here that model's these files....

Thanks so much for putting this up brkat. This is going on my workbench asap. This is without a doubt the most detailed model of the backpack. Has anyone tackled the unfold as of yet? I'm at work right nw so I can't DL the file to take a closer look at it.

not yet, I'm planning on trying to unfold both files in the next couple of days, when I'm not out job hunting...

I totally understand. I live in Kansas City, Mo and I just found a job after months of searching. I'll try my hand at unfolding these as well.
We can compare notes afterward...;-)

i am going to have a go at thsi unfold. a friend i s making jorge but has not found a set of plans he liked yet :p that has now changed

All I can say is *AWESOME*, I hope you don't mind me taking a crack at using this as well. The back pack I had before is very low res, and I'm not crazy about how it is pepping. I think I will give this one a crack for my Jorge armour! :)

wow. i havent built jorge coz some files dont exist or have enough detail. but that is just, just, wow. maybe my next project will be a jorge suit.

thanks everybody, makes the 2 weeks I spent staring at the computer seem worth it. I've been toying with the left shoulder, but it's no where near being ready for release. If you'll send me your unfolds I'll update the file on 4share

and if you notice anything that needs tweeking let me know

One quick question Brkat, did you design the tester and the high-def file at the same "scale"? The reason I ask is the models aren't the same size because of the reduced detail of the tester. If they were designed at the same scale I should be able to put in the same scale factor for the two models and then they would match scale-wise, even if they aren't the exact same size due to the different details. Am I correct in that assumption?

they should be the same scale, all I did was take Hd file and remove the details, filled in the wholes and then resaved it as the tester....

I've finally unfolded the HD file, however before you look at it and get discouraged, remember I'm 6'6 and 400 lbs, so I'd say 99% of you will wind up scaling the file down and using far less pages than I will. I may even have to scale it down a bit once I have my chest piece built.

If anyone does get around to building this, please post pics here as well as your wip thread, I'd love to see how it turns out.

I guess I'll be the first to post a few pics of this backpack as a WIP...beware, this build is not for the faint of heart.
backpack001.jpg

backpack004.jpg

backpack003.jpg

backpack006.jpg

And just to be clear, I omitted some details of this model to add later in foam, just too intricate of a pep for me, but it is a beautiful model, but a few peices were still "difficult" because they had to be folded over themselves, similar to origami, before they could be glued together. A few "ghost" faces still snuck through Brkat, but still a beautiful model...KUDOS man!!

Oh, PS - I left the pieces at the top of the rear side of the backpack off to allow for the speaker panel to be installed there, but rest assured I did build it.

not bad, I knew it would be a beast to pep when I made it, there are several parts that I added knowing it would be easier to add the detail later, my nephew's thermos lid looks almost exactly like some of the round details with the cross bar, but I think someone would notice if I stole it... anyways I've taken a break from everything lately, focused all of my attention on getting a job, which I finaly did, and got back into school, going to go back in Januaury to start my Masters in Accounting, not the most glamourous field of work, but I figured it was the smart choice, after all my bachelors in Photography has gotten me no where in life.... maybe once more pics of the MK VII armor comes out I'll get back to doing some models and get a little better at it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back