New Here! Presenting Iron Man Helmet Pep Project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfraredMonkey

Hi, new here. I've been a lurker for awhile. In fact a friend and I are currently working on a Halo project. So far, we've constructed a MC mark V helmet. It's been pepped and resin. Currently we're working on getting a visor, then bondo.

Back on subject, since I've had some experience with pepakura. I've decided to start researching and looking into building a Iron Man mark II/III helmet. I stumbled on many peps by searching and decided that "Ultimate Iron Man" helmet by sharkhead, unfolded by L3X seemed deemable.

mark3pep.jpg

Jonny, another forum member, has done that pep and I'm impressed by his work. With that inspiration in mind, I started my pep about a week ago. Here is my status so far:

I'm done with the helmet construction. I have earlier pictures, but I feel that pepping the helm is the first step, then resin, bondo, detail work, paint. Eventually molding, because I'm making another one for my brother (hence why I said mark II eariler). Here's some peeeektures!

frontpep.jpg

sidepep.jpg

backpep.jpg

bottompep.jpg

frontsidepep.jpg

I really took my time on this one. There were a lot of detail trim and delicate hands were required. Unfortunely, my hands are HUGE. Somehow after some patience and reprinted pieces, I finally achieved my result. I'm planning on cleaning it up, then sealing some holes.

I was wondering if I should resin the outside and for the inside do smoothcast? I don't have a problem with resin, in fact I like applying the resin, so I know where I should go heavy or light. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Oh and hi, I like the forum by the way.

EMOD360 said:
Nice pep job man!!!

Hey could you send me the pep file for the helmet plzzz

You can find the pep file by using the search. Search for the "ultimate iron man", look for the helmet by sharkyhead and unfolded by L3X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks alot better than my first pep. great job :)

Some people like to reinforce the outside first and some like to do the inside first, so it can be done either way. Personally I like to resin the outside first. I haven't tried smoothcast yet but its on my list of things to do.

mabolzichjjl said:
d00d..

elmer's glue FTW..

looks good though

Actually I thought of that, but Elmer's is too liquidy? I used the hot glue method, just went a little crazy on the glue in some spots. It's my first pep solo, no help what so ever. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work on the Pep. I resined the outside of mine and then fiberglasses the inside.

I don't think smoothcasting the inside straight away would be wise, you want that rigidity the resin on the outside will give.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back