New Just Started Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGTCMOFO

I just started pepakuring for real this time the helmet for the Mark VI armor. I started back in april/may but never took it seriously, but now I have come up with an idea to make it Grif Orange! I'll post pics as I go! The first hang up I found in the earlier start was that the glue I used was a pain! Never dried in time, so It took me two hours a page! Right now I'm using hot glue and it seems to be holding up way better than regular glue aka cheap glue. Not to far ahead though, I'm worried about the fiberglassing. Did you guys fiberglass with the support pieces on the inside? Well what I think are support pillars on the inside? The video's I've seen I don't see any of the support pieces that the pepakura file shows?

Thanks,

Josh

Once you get done with the pepping, go over the outside with a sealer (spray clear coat, then, on the outside only, a thin coat of resin, and another thicker coat. After it dries, you can do the inside with fiberglass. I leave the supports on as long as I can before cutting them, even if I'm fiberglassing around them. Be sure to let each coat dry completely.

Good luck with it and welcome aboard :)

welcome to the forums!

good luck on your helmet

take your time and it should some out nice.

possibly pics later? :p

so I finished Pepping, one big thing I noticed on this one is the fact that there wasn't an easier way you should start. Lower part, then upper part then supports or just as you get them on you put the supports on. I'll post pics when I get home tonight. Looks good in my opinion. Now to clear coat, resin, fb and possibly bondo over it. What kind of clear coat? I ran to home depot today and found krylon clear (gloss or satin)?

Thanks,

Josh

Sgt C Mofo said:
so I finished Pepping, one big thing I noticed on this one is the fact that there wasn't an easier way you should start. Lower part, then upper part then supports or just as you get them on you put the supports on. I'll post pics when I get home tonight. Looks good in my opinion. Now to clear coat, resin, fb and possibly bondo over it. What kind of clear coat? I ran to home depot today and found krylon clear (gloss or satin)?

Thanks,

Josh

I find that it helps a lot to actually have pep designer open when you're assembling it (selecting the piece you want to glue on next) and work from one side to the other, or in sections rather than skipping around. This lets you plan out what you want to do and avoids pepping yourself into a corner and the deformities that come along with that. Good luck man and can't wait to see pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
woot another grif! welcome to the team red! my friend is making sarge armor, Im grif, now we gotta find a simons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back