New to the Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
Heads up guys! There are a few changes you might be seeing this morning. Art has kindly added for us the new homes for our first two Battalions - Washington Battalion in Pacific and Magic Iron Battalion in Southern along with a new Regiment - Singapore Regiment!

I still need to go in and add all of the members to each group so the set up is not yet complete but we are very excited about this additions! I hope to get those people all set up today!

More new stuff!

Art and I met on Google Hangouts for about 2 hours on Sunday and got all kinds of stuff done.

First - we have our third Battalion - Delta Battalion within the Canadian Regiment!

Next, I now have the ability to add people to a Battalion so you'll see folks around that have an extra name under their Regiment. Art still needs to tinker with the formatting as he wants the logo and name to be indented (right now only the name is so it looks odd) but you'll see Canadian Regiment and then under that Delta. We've dropped the "Battalion" because it makes the name too long to fit on one line. You'll also see staff of the Battalion with a BCO/BXO right under their forum name. If they are also a Regiment Staff Member they will be RMO & BCO. There isn't another banner to show that they are Battalion Staff at this time.

Also, coming very soon if you are Deployed you will see your DIN Number listed just above the Trophy Points!

I had Art do some forum tweaking and there is more to come to make this place even better. You've likely noticed the new forum called "Halo Tutorials". As has been pointed out, that has a pretty broad meaning. Maybe too broad but at the moment it's staying that way. I still have to get it tweak a little more as no one should be able to start threads in there, but you will be able to post in already created ones. Over the next little bit I'll be moving over all stickied posts from the costuming area so they are all in one spot and allow the forum sections to show new posts at the top instead of having to scroll through all of the stickies. We may be doing some further tweaking to make the categories in that area more broad so that you have less forums to open to see new posts. Some of the current sections are used far less than others and posts in them seem to get overlooked. Combining things will hopefully make reading the forum much easier.

There is a new upgrade coming in the next 6 months, hopefully sooner. We'll be moving to 2.0. The timing is going to depend on a lot of things but basically once Art is done with the move to this platform on the RPF, they are starting back at the beginning with the smallest forum and working up to do the upgrade. This upgrade SHOULD give us our member map back. This forum is 3rd in line.

Another great migration........

Ha! Nope not a migration, just an update to the latest version. The site will likely be down for a couple of hours but we'll give you guys the heads up when that is planned.

Uhhhh no you may not. That's one of my many titles. Geesh.

group shock.gif
3cd8a33a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back