New Torso

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now Human Brain Decoding:

Oh sorry, totaly forgott to write something^^

The Torso looks really good, and the Magnets are great.
I gonna use the same System in my Armor too.

And Guys, it´s no Prob for me when he writes in German, but i think you want to know too what he have to say^^

So Chip, its your Turn, write in English only or in German AND English, otherwise O fear the most of them gonna show you theyr new Hammers XD

The Pics from the Magnet-System are online tomorrow!

Cant wait to see some close up pics of where you mounted the magnets.
I'm currently tryng to strap my chest piece and back piece together without much success so once I've seen exactally where you mount your magnets I think I'll give this ago

carnage said:
Think you forgot to post those pics you promised lol

Oh, yeah, sry, but i´ve dont forget it, i just had to repair the Body of my Motorbike and painting it MetalicBlue, plus search some Spareparts und new Seals. And i do it since a few Days, because it´s a ´93 Honda CN250 Fusion / Helix^^

But here the Pics:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3787/img0079hzg.jpg
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9329/img0086d.jpg

I still painted it a little OD, but then the Spray was empty, ordered already some, but they take a while.

The Torso was also a little tight, i got to cut the Sides a little...its a little curios, because it was scaled like my old Torso...maybe i got a little wider in the last Week XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that Sisko4, i have been considering using neodymium magets on my next suit, but i wasn't sure if they were strong enough, now i know they are. :D

Some people have been saying bondo might not be strong enough to cover the magnets so they don't shatter, perhaps a thin piece of styrene?

Have you considered old hard drive magnets? They are very strong and if you are someone like me, plentiful. I'm pretty satisfied with my bucket system I have now though, as the buckets are a part of the "modern instead of futuristic" aesthetic I have. Maybe I'll find other use for my old hard drives

That's great man, I had thought of using magnets but then I got all caught up in doing some weird interlocking metal pieces that would have been a lot harder to line up, now I can see magnets was the way to go all along.

Don't buy anything over 40lbs of pull force. You don't need it. All you'll end up doing is pinching fingers and smashing magnets.

This is the voice of experience.

oh very helpful. saw this linked from a newer thread. definitely taking this into consideration. are the magnets too strong for the commonly used pep armor though? or are they ok for any type armor (minus cardboard XD).

don't wanna be all set up with these magnets just to find out that it'll rip the armor itself apart o_o

edit: saw the comment on nothing over 40lb pull. so i'm going to be blunt an not use common sense for the benefit of those that don't use it by asking, is that the limit of the pep armor standards? or just what you say when it's just a pinching an magnet smashing problem?

the ratings on these magnets refer to the amount of force required to remove a magnet from a metallic surface at a perpendicular angle. Pep varies too widely to say one way or the other how much of a magnet you need, but I will say that anything over 30 or 40 is just going to smash and break unless you're super careful. Bondo is not a very strong material, and neither are your fingers. These magnets can hurt like a mother when they pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back