New Unfolded Patterns For Smoother Pep Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crucible said:
You'd be better off not bothering with these as parts to finish up as wearable pieces - there's just too much work associated with bringing them up to scratch. Using them as test pieces would be a better option, as we've agreed.
I'd still like to try my hand at shaping either with bondo or with clay to mold later. I want to work on my skills in doing stuff like this for my own original designs.

BTW, right thigh is posted for anyone using my files.

Last edited by a moderator:
it seems like there is an unecessary fold on the helmet
i think it was 131
oh and the scaling thing you posted earlier
when i opened it in pepakura designer it is 77 does that mean it is realy 70 or 77?

JOLTY TacoMan said:
oh and the scaling thing you posted earlier
when i opened it in pepakura designer it is 77 does that mean it is realy 70 or 77?
Lol, I have a big head, so I scaled the helmet to 77 and the rest of me is 70. :D

So, my plan to spend all day Monday building went out the window... forgoten Dr appointment that I had to rush to... various errands to run while I was out... but I finished the right forearm...

Me likes! Luckily I have the thread saved on installing hinges, because m' hands are too big!!!!! The length is perfect, and due to the size of my forarms, not much padding will be needed. Today I'll be building the left FA. I won't take pics since you have some posted early in the thread, but once I have the pieces I'm going to build resined and hinged, I'll send them up.

Since the only other pep work I've been doing is the GoW torso, I must say that the "smooth" peps are much more geared toward my patience level.

Thanks for all the extra work you've put in for those of us (me) who find tiny pieces the boon of their (my) existance.

MrOreo123 said:
Lol, I have a big head, so I scaled the helmet to 77 and the rest of me is 70. :D

Ok thanks I understand now
I will post my progress as I get some parts done
Continue the great work!!!

MrOreo123 said:
Chest is up! Might need further tweaking though. Let me know how it goes.

there is something weird on the top "shoulder" pieces... beside that... it's really nice

SteelSpartan said:
there is something weird on the top "shoulder" pieces... beside that... it's really nice
I'm not seeing it. Can you point it out?

I was just curious, are the thigh pieces mis labled? i thought that the part that went up was on the front. if im wrong please correct me, but has anyone else noticed this?

FalseKnightmare said:
I was just curious, are the thigh pieces mis labled? i thought that the part that went up was on the front. if im wrong please correct me, but has anyone else noticed this?
Do you mean the tall part of the thighs? That's the outside, not the front or the back. The short part is the inside. Unless the original Robogenesis files were mislabeled, they are correct.

JOLTY TacoMan said:
at 393 there is a missing fold line on the helmet, just a heads up
Should have it done tommorow!!!!!
I'm not sure about 393 in particular, but the helmet has been updated. There were a few missing fold lines that I put back in. Please post a screen shot of any problem areas you find, because it's really hard to go through the whole file looking for one particular tab number. Thanks for bringing that to my attention though!

Tracked/Bookmarked this looks like it will definitely help cut down the time spent on size testers.

MrOreo123 said:
Do you mean the tall part of the thighs? That's the outside, not the front or the back. The short part is the inside. Unless the original Robogenesis files were mislabeled, they are correct.

i mean the part on the front of the piece. it looks like a trapizoid is missing on the front.

MrOreo123 said:
I'm not sure about 393 in particular, but the helmet has been updated. There were a few missing fold lines that I put back in. Please post a screen shot of any problem areas you find, because it's really hard to go through the whole file looking for one particular tab number. Thanks for bringing that to my attention though!
my bad i will try and find the camera next time(although i hope there isnt one!)
no propblem

JOLTY TacoMan said:
my bad i will try and find the camera next time(although i hope there isnt one!)
no propblem
You don't need a camera. Just zoom in on the part in Pepakura Designer/Viewer, press alt+print screen (taking a screenshot of whatever window is active), load up mspaint, paste the screenshot, and save. That's how I got my screenshots with minimal fancy software. :)

FalseKnightmare said:
i mean the part on the front of the piece. it looks like a trapizoid is missing on the front.
I took a closer look and compared to some other reference pics that had a view of the back AND the front, and you know, I think you're right. The back part is flat and the front has that trapezoidal notch at the knee.

I just kept the naming convention that Robo had on his files. I'll rename them when I get the chance. Can't have a bunch of Chiefs running around with his pants on backwards, can we? ;)

MrOreo123 said:
You don't need a camera. Just zoom in on the part in Pepakura Designer/Viewer, press alt+print screen (taking a screenshot of whatever window is active), load up mspaint, paste the screenshot, and save. That's how I got my screenshots with minimal fancy software. :)
I took a closer look and compared to some other reference pics that had a view of the back AND the front, and you know, I think you're right. The back part is flat and the front has that trapezoidal notch at the knee.

I just kept the naming convention that Robo had on his files. I'll rename them when I get the chance. Can't have a bunch of Chiefs running around with his pants on backwards, can we? ;)
Totaly forgot about that I will do it if I need to point something else out
Thanks

Kudos to Robogenesis for the original files and MrOreo123 for the new unfold modifications. Less pieces mean less strain on my poor delicate hands! :lol: Keep up the good work, MrOreo123! I can't wait to get started on these files!

[/quote]

i dont know, seeing master chiefs running around with their pants backwards might be entertaining....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back