New York Comic Con 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to add for all you New England based Halo builders and fans in general, me and my friend run a Halo page on FB, so I your interested in meeting other local halo armorers, please check us out. The page is "New England Halo Fans".
Thanks guys and gals :D

We got our tickets in the mail yesterday as well. Yay! I wasn't expecting them to come in so soon. But yeah, so excited! Can't wait. And I'm down for meeting up at the RvB booth Saturday if that works for everyone. Is like 3pm a good time?

3 PM Sounds pretty fair, I am sure that we should all be there by then! I usually arrive pretty early so I am sure I will see you guys there at that time! If anyone going Saturday has any objections to 3 PM go ahead and just say so!

3PM Saturday sounds good to me. Like he said already I'm sure we'll all run into each other in armor at some point beforehand.

I'd probably say if there is a meet up it will most likely be at RvB for those going on Saturday. But so far seems nothing official of a meeting place has been established. Oh, and by the way, that little ID code thing you posted earlier, how exactly does that thing work? Looks pretty cool! I ask how it works because the download is an image containing a bunch of cards it seems.

I can meet at the RvB booth. For the ID card you just cutout the 405th and UNSC sides on card stock, glue them together, and there you go!

We got our tickets in the mail yesterday as well. Yay! I wasn't expecting them to come in so soon. But yeah, so excited! Can't wait. And I'm down for meeting up at the RvB booth Saturday if that works for everyone. Is like 3pm a good time?

Actually 3PM is no good for me because thats when I'll be leaving the convention center. How does 12PM or 1PM sound to everyone?

I can meet at the RvB booth. For the ID card you just cutout the 405th and UNSC sides on card stock, glue them together, and there you go!

Actually 3PM is no good for me because thats when I'll be leaving the convention center. How does 12PM or 1PM sound to everyone?

Personally, I'd prefer 1 pm. I'm gonna have my kids with me so I know around noon they're gonna have to eat, lol. So yeah, 1 pm would prolly be alright for me if 3 pm's a no go. Does 1 pm sound ok to everyone else?

Personally, I'd prefer 1 pm. I'm gonna have my kids with me so I know around noon they're gonna have to eat, lol. So yeah, 1 pm would prolly be alright for me if 3 pm's a no go. Does 1 pm sound ok to everyone else?

1 Pm sounds fine to me!

And thanks! Also leaving at 3 PM?! That sounds early to me, but I understand if you have things to do and such :)

So is it 1pm, or 3pm? And I think a good place to meet is either at the RT booth or either outside. Ya know, for a large space to film the live action. I really don't care about the time really.

So is it 1pm, or 3pm? And I think a good place to meet is either at the RT booth or either outside. Ya know, for a large space to film the live action. I really don't care about the time really.

So far it sounds like it's gonna be 1 pm at the Red Vs Blue booth on Saturday. And then from there if anyone wants to participate in the Oddball match video, we can all just move together as one big group outside and then film a short video outside. Maybe I can march you all outside since I'm in the Army :) lol. I think that'd look pretty cool. A big group of Spartans marching together through the con. Oh man, that sounds epic, lol.

And hey, 26 days away guys! Less then a month! Almost there!!! :D

So far it sounds like it's gonna be 1 pm at the Red Vs Blue booth on Saturday. And then from there if anyone wants to participate in the Oddball match video, we can all just move together as one big group outside and then film a short video outside. Maybe I can march you all outside since I'm in the Army :) lol. I think that'd look pretty cool. A big group of Spartans marching together through the con. Oh man, that sounds epic, lol.

And hey, 26 days away guys! Less then a month! Almost there!!! :D

So what about Sunday? Because I'm not going Saturday, only on sunday

So what about Sunday? Because I'm not going Saturday, only on sunday

That's right! My bad. I forgot, lol. Well we could do either one of two things. Just putting some ideas out there, but if anyone has a better suggestion please put it out. If you could make it on Saturday (not to the con itself, but just to the location outside where we'll be filming the short video) we could all hangout outside on Saturday after the meetup at the RVB booth and make the short vid. Or we could have 2 meetups. One on Saturday and then one on Sunday a little bit earlier (like say 10 am or so). Input anyone?

Either way works for me, I'll be there all 3 days and in armor most of all the three days.

Ok, so let's do that then. Well have one meetup Saturday at 1pm at the RVB booth and then we'll have another one Sunday at Noon at the same booth. Sound good?

Oh and for the record, I thought it'd be a good idea to post up pics of ourselves on here so that we'll be able to recognize each other. That being said, this is what I'll look like:

1236243_714577111890212_945096387_n.jpg

I'll probably also be the only Spartan walking around the con pushing a stroller with my baby daughter inside of it, lol. So yeah, you can't miss me and if you see me anywhere other then the RVB booth meetup, please don't hesitate to stop me and say "Hi" :)

I'll post up a pic of my suit as soon as I'm done XD. By what I have left to do it should be done by the end if this month. I'm so close to being finished it hurts lol.

I'll post up a pic of my suit as soon as I'm done XD. By what I have left to do it should be done by the end if this month. I'm so close to being finished it hurts lol.

I hear you on that! I have my shins, and boots to do, but I'm buying my shins from a guy I know, they're gonna be awesome!

I hear you on that! I have my shins, and boots to do, but I'm buying my shins from a guy I know, they're gonna be awesome!

Exactly man, after 8 months if this build I'm so close, finishing up te new chest piece today and that's it, I have to plasti dip the boots and chest piece and I'm ready to paint. Most all the padding and strapping is done, so after paint it's just fine tuning the fitting and what not.

This spartan will be at NYCC 2013! :D

IMG_0202_zps01238d79.jpg

Here's mine!

Exactly man, after 8 months if this build I'm so close, finishing up te new chest piece today and that's it, I have to plasti dip the boots and chest piece and I'm ready to paint. Most all the padding and strapping is done, so after paint it's just fine tuning the fitting and what not.

I've dedicated almost 11 months to mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back