New York Comic Con 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, I'll try my best! My father will probably follow behind me, if that's ok. I'm probably going on Saturday. When are you going?

Not sure if you're still looking for information on NYCC. You mentioned not being sure where it is or where to buy tickets, etc.

"New York Comic Con is held at the Javits Center in Midtown Manhattan. The Javits Center is located at 655 West 34th Street." That link will take you to a FAQ page that might provide answers to other questions you may have. There is also a link at the top of the page for buying tickets (it looks like VIP, 3 day and 4 day pases are all sold out at this point).

I just saw this thread, and wanted to say me and my GF will be attending NYCC. The first comic con we are going but we've been to other conventions and such. However we are Plano g on having our Reach Spartans done for this convention. We are attending all 3 days but will probably only be suited up for Friday and Saturday. We totally have to arrange group photos and what not!

I just saw this thread, and wanted to say me and my GF will be attending NYCC. The first comic con we are going but we've been to other conventions and such. However we are Plano g on having our Reach Spartans done for this convention. We are attending all 3 days but will probably only be suited up for Friday and Saturday. We totally have to arrange group photos and what not!

Yeah, oh my god totally! I'm probably going Friday and Saturday. But it's a definite Saturday no matter what. So with you and your girlfriend. The group will be 6 people, THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME! And you guys won't be alone with the reach suits, Caboose vs Grif will be n Halo: Reach armor too. Me and 2 other people are sporting Halo 4 armor.

I'll be going Friday and Saturday with a friend; shame about those 3-day passes being sold out so quickly. She won't be decked in Halo gear but hopefully if I ever get the nerve to start my suit I'll have it done in time lol, if not I'll just play photographer.

Yeah we got our 3 day pass the morning they sold out so we just made it. As the con gets closer we should get a whole meet up at the con. I can't wait this is going to be sick!

Yeah we got our 3 day pass the morning they sold out so we just made it. As the con gets closer we should get a whole meet up at the con. I can't wait this is going to be sick!

I unfortunately missed the opportunity to buy the 3 day pass :'( And Spartan-214. No offense, but there is NO WAY in hell you're gonna start and finish a full suit by October. I started mine in January and I'm still not done.

I unfortunately missed the opportunity to buy the 3 day pass :'( And Spartan-214. No offense, but there is NO WAY in hell you're gonna start and finish a full suit by October. I started mine in January and I'm still not done.

Well I'm working with foam not all that pep stuff and I already have my materials, just finishing the design and then I can start working. I'll be home all day through August and half days from then on so I'll have plenty of time. I wouldn't mind so much not finishing in time but I'm pretty confident I can. :)

I think Spartan214 can do it in a month if he has nothing else to do. Aside from the helmet and torso taking the longest, if your worki g with foam and are decent at it, should be able to crank out a piece of armor a day. At least that's what I can do when I sit down and get to it.

Yeah, I'll be there in my Reach suit! :D We're going to have a good sized group of 405th members to go this year! This is going to be awesome! :)

This spartan will be at NYCC 2013! :D

IMG_0202_zps01238d79.jpg

Looking good, I'm am counting down the days till the con. I'm about half way done with mine, I need to do the waist down, which the foam template files seem to be easy like the forearms. So I should be able to crank them out in no time.

Is suggest making these badges so that all the members are easily identifiable by their username. Made one myself! They're pretty easy to make anyways and you can even put a QR code on them! I also hooked mine onto a lanyard for easy access.

30FD7B86-2168-438A-8E6E-0B6882863DE1-3236-0000028E5F705EB7_zpsfa7a5834.jpg

Here is the download for the stencil:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/VZc5779K/UNSC_ID_CARD_V4.html

I only used the UNSC and 405th sides and glued them back to back with the raised areas over top.

Hey guys, just wanted to point out that me, my wife, and both my kids will also be at NYCC this year as long as my leave gets approved (which it should be). And also, both my wife and I will be dressing up as Spartans as well. This will be our first Comic Con and our first time cosplaying as Spartans. So yeah, we can't wait, we're very excited, and I'd love to meet ya'll in person. The more Spartan cosplayers hanging out, only the more epic it'll be :)

Not sure. Seeing as how this is my first year going, idk the area. But I'd probably suggest maybe meeting outside in front of the main entrance? Like maybe sometime in the afternoon?

Oh also, I got this skull prop that I bought last Halloween that greatly resembles an Oddball from Halo 3. I was gonna bring it and with the help of some other cool Spartan cosplayers (hint hint ;D lol) I was gonna try to see if I could make a short video of a funny oddball match. What you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back