News from the Front - The Official Newsletter for the Southern Regiment

i think your question about polling members about storage and a museum are better served for the forum and not the newsletter.

As far as beating 343 to the punch they have quite the museum of which i have a helmet currently residing alongside some other prop builders.

I will not speculate about whether a 343 project could have been better with our help. Film production companies usually determines the physical effects house or digital effects house for franchises features etc. I believe 343 realizes there are several other groups alongside ours and does not wish to undermine one over another by giving endorsements. Also giving endorsement of us sort of puts them on the hook for allowing us to do what we do in an official capacity when in reality all of those assets belong to Microsoft. The new Spielberg/Showtime project is intriguing and who knows maybe there will be room for all of the groups in there somewhere in an epic spartan battle in the future but until that time we will continue to do what we do. Encourage others to build, have fun and make friends!

They haven't made enough live action stuff to warrant our inclusion just yet anyways!

well I'll keep my ears pealed to the 343 wall, because I'm fearing 343 might be driving themselves in the ground at mk 3 and we'll have to pick up the pieces, or worse.

I think you are worrying about things far outside of your control and not sure how the 405th will be picking up pieces.
This thread is about a simple Newsletter we put out to support our members and have fun foxleader.
Lets all just build something. We have 10 great years of Halo and more on the way.

They haven't made enough live action stuff to warrant our inclusion just yet anyways!

I think they're still in pre-production and all of that. I've got a feeling that 343i will want at least some community interaction in how they take this forward.

Our third Installment is available for your reading pleasure! This month we are Spotlighting calladar and Talking about DragonCon!

Attachments

• News from the Front Issue 3 080718.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 456
I think they're still in pre-production and all of that. I've got a feeling that 343i will want at least some community interaction in how they take this forward.

I know they don't even know their own lore sometimes TTR's where in contact harvest and yet they just called them taser rounds not tactual training rounds like in the books. and in nightfall I don't thing they messed up that bad, expect with the elite he wouldn't just walk in their he'd use active cam and just set it off and made it off world, we all know that unless they where in full combat gear and could see him with it on.

I know they don't even know their own lore sometimes TTR's where in contact harvest and yet they just called them taser rounds not tactual training rounds like in the books. and in nightfall I don't thing they messed up that bad, expect with the elite he wouldn't just walk in their he'd use active cam and just set it off and made it off world, we all know that unless they where in full combat gear and could see him with it on.
Can we please keep this thread on topic. The newsletter.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back