Next lvl cosplay. H5G/Infinite Security Spartan 4 WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
While i wait for my foam to come in this friday , i shall do a practice run of the left boot of security. It turned out awesome

Attachments

• 20200819_164825.jpg
    20200819_164825.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 20200819_172037.jpg
    20200819_172037.jpg
    535.2 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
I got foam but its not the usual i use. Its 3/8 foam. So i use it to revamp the security helmet and will make butt plate and boots out of them

Attachments

• 20200821_194856.jpg
    20200821_194856.jpg
    646 KB · Views: 209
  • 20200821_195119.jpg
    20200821_195119.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 211
  • 20200821_195208.jpg
    20200821_195208.jpg
    895.2 KB · Views: 201
Welp, another failure with the helmet. So i give up! Im not gonna mess with it no more. Im just gonna continue with everything else. Right now, im in the process of doing the boots again but not cut like my other one. Im have them either done my this week or next.

Remember reach fall in spartan! hey buddy dont give up i had to reprint the helmet but i told you i would send you the helmet so you just work on the suit. i just under estimated the scale so i have to bump it up.... but i will have it done before you get the suit done i hope lol

Remember reach fall in spartan! hey buddy dont give up i had to reprint the helmet but i told you i would send you the helmet so you just work on the suit. i just under estimated the scale so i have to bump it up.... but i will have it done before you get the suit done i hope lol
Thanks a bunch friend. I shall continue other parts now

Started back working on thighs. I already had drawn and cut out the parts already. Had to take break from texas heat even when im in my workshop.Update: The security thigh has started but is on slight pause due to glue ran out but will resume next Monday. That is all

Attachments

• 20200829_204500.jpg
    20200829_204500.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Now that glue came in, i started a little bit on the security thighs

Attachments

• 20200831_190541.jpg
    20200831_190541.jpg
    767.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 20200831_190423.jpg
    20200831_190423.jpg
    629.7 KB · Views: 181
i know things can easily discourage you but what i would do is make the thigh armor in paper that way as you are building it you can look right at the model to see how it should fit. if you are using hot clue you can just heat up the glue again and pull it back apart. if contact cement well yeah it is a loss. if i do foam i use hot glue to just tac it together and then if it is what i like then i just heat it back up and pull that area apart and cement it and stick it back together. i am not very good at the foam thing im still learning how to master it..... right now my printer is giving me crap and extruding to much as it gets ready to move to the next spot, so i have been trying to get that corrected.... dont give up buddy you have come to far to turn back know..

i know things can easily discourage you but what i would do is make the thigh armor in paper that way as you are building it you can look right at the model to see how it should fit. if you are using hot clue you can just heat up the glue again and pull it back apart. if contact cement well yeah it is a loss. if i do foam i use hot glue to just tac it together and then if it is what i like then i just heat it back up and pull that area apart and cement it and stick it back together. i am not very good at the foam thing im still learning how to master it..... right now my printer is giving me crap and extruding to much as it gets ready to move to the next spot, so i have been trying to get that corrected.... dont give up buddy you have come to far to turn back know..
I have done the hot glue method. I just go straight for cc method. I might do that to save me time before final

I agree with marine sniper.whenever I'm about to make my foam templates I always take a paper template and make sure it matches at least the length or circumference I want. (By just using a few pieces of the paper)

I agree with marine sniper.whenever I'm about to make my foam templates I always take a paper template and make sure it matches at least the length or circumference I want. (By just using a few pieces of the paper)
Thats what i do. I start paper before foam by using the enterance and exit area and do those first. It fits perfectly and has enough room for me to go in and out. But on me, it feels not right like it doesnt feels good on a short person like me

Progress looking good Spiderboy196 :)
I don't think you should get discouraged though, scaling is hard. Have you tried using Armorsmith to scale the templates to yourself? It sounds like a scaling issue. I'll admit I didn't wanna read through 6 pages to find out for myself xD

It's also worth pointing out, that even when armor is properly scaled... it's not terribly comfortable.

Progress looking good Spiderboy196 :)
I don't think you should get discouraged though, scaling is hard. Have you tried using Armorsmith to scale the templates to yourself? It sounds like a scaling issue. I'll admit I didn't wanna read through 6 pages to find out for myself xD

It's also worth pointing out, that even when armor is properly scaled... it's not terribly comfortable.
I dont have armorsmith. Im, atm, low on money to get armorsmith. Thats y i be using pep

I dont have armorsmith. Im, atm, low on money to get armorsmith. Thats y i be using pep
Like I’ve suggested to you before, don’t be afraid to free hand things. My entire first suit of armor was free handed in foam and pepakura and it didn’t come out as accurate as templates would but it was still to this day the most comfortable suit in the world to me, I could have run a marathon in that stupid thing. Wrap the foam around your thighs and just start off with a tube that you know fits you! And just add and build the details off of that base piece. It doesn’t need to be perfect and not every piece needs to be made off a template brother.

here is a pic of my first suit compared to my latest. You get better by not giving up mate, keep going!!!

Attachments

• 6A9B3B4A-E8F9-45F6-8866-43CF52D3E391.jpeg
    6A9B3B4A-E8F9-45F6-8866-43CF52D3E391.jpeg
    990.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 36AE6C87-4921-49B6-A2C9-F35C94E99D79.jpeg
    36AE6C87-4921-49B6-A2C9-F35C94E99D79.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 180
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back