Noble 4 Emile 3D printed build (getting pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So back-1 printed 90% before I had a layer shift. Looks like something snagged and it popped the plate off a bit (the removable part) so I’m gonna mess with Cura and try and print just the top pet instead of the whole thing....again.
Back-2 is going now. Only 4 more to go after that....haha this is why I need more printers.

So back-1 printed 90% before I had a layer shift. Looks like something snagged and it popped the plate off a bit (the removable part) so I’m gonna mess with Cura and try and print just the top pet instead of the whole thing....again.
Back-2 is going now. Only 4 more to go after that....haha this is why I need more printers.
Layer shifts can also be sign of steppers failing so double check your cables to make sure nothing is getting caught.

Layer shifts can also be sign of steppers failing so double check your cables to make sure nothing is getting caught.
Pretty sure something grabbed the bed and dislodged it. Or the head knocked the print, and since the adhesion is pretty solid it slid the whole bed lol.
Back-3 printed. Looks good!
Took a break to print one chest to back connector, just in case the sizing is off haha.
Annnd just cause I want to play around. Sprayed the helmet to start getting some sanding done. Got bored and drew on the lens blank too lol.
788F21D1-BE59-4B58-8F4E-7FC543AE3E05.jpeg
67BF3AB6-1F91-42CF-BBAD-D90B9D1ABBA3.jpeg

Using some glazing putty too. I’m all over the place!

The more of this chest that comes off the printer...I’m not sure it’s big enough. I REALLY don’t want to re print it though lol.

So I’m not sure. It seems like it could be too small. But I could be crazy too. The part of the chest that come up to my neck (marked in blue) makes it a little snug, and I could easily cut it out and make it out of EVA for a softer feel. That would most definitely give me the space and comfort. Cause as you can see, if it sits up on my neck, it’s centered, but if it rests down on my shoulder, it’s off center by a cm or two. Which of course means the other side wouldn’t fit. I would foam in the ‘sleeves’ too.
So my options are:
Print the whole thing again, sized to fit (hopefully). Taking an additional 100+ hours.
Or
Continue with my print. Do as Moesizzlac mentions earlier on in this thread about the rib buckles. Giving me a bit of flex, and cut the neck out and foam it.
9D3340CF-8DA9-4DAD-8A15-2ECE83FD0E38.jpeg
7A899901-1AE1-42E2-B762-012E43BAD6BE.jpeg
F7A387BC-A639-4174-85D8-B47344B1FB41.jpeg
F31F3750-9363-410C-8C2F-5876CC62D3FF.jpeg

It looks like it might be a little small on you, but it's always hard to know for sure without all of the suit together. Have you tried using armorsmith to look at the scaling of the piece before printing it?

It looks like it might be a little small on you, but it's always hard to know for sure without all of the suit together. Have you tried using armorsmith to look at the scaling of the piece before printing it?
Lol nope. I saw Moesizzlac had sized it to him (basically my height and weight) and just kinda went with it. I mean I have no one to blame but myself if it’s wrong haha.

I think it's pretty close in sizing but it's definitely hard to tell. Do you have the belt done already so that you can have a few pieces on and see how they fit together?

I think it's pretty close in sizing but it's definitely hard to tell. Do you have the belt done already so that you can have a few pieces on and see how they fit together?
No I haven’t done the belt yet. Was gonna try and get a few chest pieces together her to see if it even goes around me. Then the belt. Though I could certainly just skip to that if you think it’s the make or break piece for sizing.
It only goes like 60% around on Emile though, it doesn’t connect in the back.

It might be easiest to finish this chest and see if it works or not tbh. I'm in the same position and that's what I'm doing.

That is a very tight fit......looks great....but tight......like a high teck super wonder bra.........thing is......if the neck area is that tight.....so will the arm holes.....and they will be higher than what will feel normal......you'll constantly be holding your arms up to keep from rubbing on the openings.....

Luckily the files from Moe have versions without the sleeves. So I would be making the holes out of foam to accommodate. Or just no sleeve and it would just have the big side ribs. I’m still not 100% sure if I’m continuing with this chest, but with the time put into it. I’ll give it a shot at least. When I remove the collarbone piece (circled in blue above) it should open up a lot of room. Then a bit of EVA to replace it, shouldn’t notice the difference haha.

Luckily the files from Moe have versions without the sleeves. So I would be making the holes out of foam to accommodate. Or just no sleeve and it would just have the big side ribs. I’m still not 100% sure if I’m continuing with this chest, but with the time put into it. I’ll give it a shot at least. When I remove the collarbone piece (circled in blue above) it should open up a lot of room. Then a bit of EVA to replace it, shouldn’t notice the difference haha.
The added bonus of having a slightly too small chest pieces is that you can find someone slightly smaller than you and kickstart them into the Halo costuming hobby ;)

So I did the bottom ribs...and I think it is officially too small. Whomp whomp lol. I might finish it just cause. There is only a few pieces left.

I picked up Armorsmith and I’m going to scale out the chest so I don’t waste more time. Only played with it for a few minutes.
Is there a simple ‘scale to fit’ feature? Like it scales so it touches nothing?
Better yet is there an indicator that there are intersecting pieces?

TurboCharizard i looked at your tutorial for it. But are their any other tips/tricks for it?

May or may not be able to reply for a bit. We go in Monday to have our baby lol.

So I did the bottom ribs...and I think it is officially too small. Whomp whomp lol. I might finish it just cause. There is only a few pieces left.

I picked up Armorsmith and I’m going to scale out the chest so I don’t waste more time. Only played with it for a few minutes.
Is there a simple ‘scale to fit’ feature? Like it scales so it touches nothing?
Better yet is there an indicator that there are intersecting pieces?

TurboCharizard i looked at your tutorial for it. But are their any other tips/tricks for it?

May or may not be able to reply for a bit. We go in Monday to have our baby lol.
We were talking about Armorsmith this weekend and how a cool feature (but a nightmare to code) would be a simple walk cycle to see how parts interact when in motion. Scale to fit would be another cool one but I could see issues with things such as bracers (scale to wrist/bicep and then not being able to fit your hand through) or shins (ankle doesn't bend enough to slip foot through).

My best advice for bits is playing with the ability to show or hide parts or your avatar. If you want to check exact fit there's also the possibility to export a mesh of your avatar and put it into another modelling suite and then doing some boolean operations to see if you have any intersection between the avatar and the armour part.

So as of a couple days ago, I officially have a little spartan now :). And as expected, she is taking up a lot of my time. And with all the family coming and going...not sure when I’m gonna get back at my printer lol.

Congratulation!!!!! Take your time.....no rush. A new born is a lot of responsibility. Your first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back