Noble 6 Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naxu Syrillian

Hello everyone, just joined and I am a huge fan of Halo. I am especially a huge fan of Reach. I am looking to find where I can get a 3D printed armor of Noble 6. I tried the pepekura method but with my shaky hands I can’t seem to place it properly. So I figured 3D printing would be a better idea. I’m from the South Bay Area. I wouldn’t mind paying for the material and your time. Also happy to be here, Thanks for all the info and tips

Welcome to the 405th Naxu! Couple of sources I can think of for full 3D Reach armour - the first is NerdForgeDesigns on Etsy:

And the second would be Moe Sizzlac's armour on Thingiverse:

Do you know what parts of the Reach armour you want?

Welcome to the 405th Naxu! Couple of sources I can think of for full 3D Reach armour - the first is NerdForgeDesigns on Etsy:

And the second would be Moe Sizzlac's armour on Thingiverse:

Do you know what parts of the Reach armour you want?
Noble 6’s mark V armor

Noble 6’s mark V armor
The first thing to clear up is, are you looking for the Files to Print yourself, or are you attempting to find someone who will print the suit for you, i.e. looking for a commission?

If you are looking to commission someone to print the suit for you, I will move this thread to the appropriate section, The Marketplace, for a Want To Buy Thread. However, I will caution you that not many makers out there take on commissions of Full suits, and if they do, it is going to be a very expensive proposition. In general when it comes to the Halo Costuming world/community, it is very much a Do It Yourself style. There are people that do sell Casts of Helmets, and one fantastic manufacturer of ODST armor kits, but aside from that there currently is no one really readily offering full suits, kits or 3D prints. In a year or so, 850 Amor Works might be offering Reach style kits, but they are still a while from producing them.

If you are looking to print it yourself, you can't do better than either option Alexander already linked you too. As for "Noble 6's Armor," well, that's kind of a loaded question, as since N6 is the player character, it could really be any armor, from a certain point of view. Now, canonically, based on marketing and merchandise, N6 is usually represented in just the default armor, with no attachments, and default Mark V helmet.
So, to do it yourself you need to buy these files from NerdForge:

Or use these Free files from MoeSizzlac

The first thing to clear up is, are you looking for the Files to Print yourself, or are you attempting to find someone who will print the suit for you, i.e. looking for a commission?

If you are looking to commission someone to print the suit for you, I will move this thread to the appropriate section, The Marketplace, for a Want To Buy Thread. However, I will caution you that not many makers out there take on commissions of Full suits, and if they do, it is going to be a very expensive proposition. In general when it comes to the Halo Costuming world/community, it is very much a Do It Yourself style. There are people that do sell Casts of Helmets, and one fantastic manufacturer of ODST armor kits, but aside from that there currently is no one really readily offering full suits, kits or 3D prints. In a year or so, 850 Amor Works might be offering Reach style kits, but they are still a while from producing them.

If you are looking to print it yourself, you can't do better than either option Alexander already linked you too. As for "Noble 6's Armor," well, that's kind of a loaded question, as since N6 is the player character, it could really be any armor, from a certain point of view. Now, canonically, based on marketing and merchandise, N6 is usually represented in just the default armor, with no attachments, and default Mark V helmet.
So, to do it yourself you need to buy these files from NerdForge:

Or use these Free files from MoeSizzlac
I was originally thinking about buying, but now I really just want to print it myself. I just need to find a printer big enough to print said armor.

PLA+ Is what I've been using and it's great. Regular PLA is easy to use too though more brittle. ABS is probably fine (no personal experience with it) but I've heard problems with it warping and it smells when printing.

I'm very excited to see what you come up with :)
I'm also a fan of PLA+, for me more specifically eSun's stuff. PLA+ is easier to sand, more durable and is more heat resistant than PLA. The problem with ABS on a regular FDM printer is that it requires constant high temperatures to print, so you'll need an enclosure to keep the warmth in. And as you said, ABS can be toxic (not sure how bad it is compared to resin printing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back