Noble Six Helmet Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
uss ducky said:
you better be proud of yourself, I'm taking my stuff back and going to do the clay thing now because of you... God, that helmet is amazing looking. you're going to be making an actual mold of this now, right? Are you going to use silicon or something else?

haha well i think you will really like using clay on your new build, and thank you for the comment. thanks everyone for the comments, i was only going to do the helmet in clay

but its been so easy an fun working with clay i might just end up doing the entire suit in clay. and yeah I will for sure be making a silicon mold from this. I think there might

be one or two people out there that would like a cast of the helmet when its done haha

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have added every detail I could add using the screen shot pictures I have found over the last few weeks, and I think I'm finally done...well with the clay sculpting part.

Next week I will order my mold making stuff and I hope to have casts pulled by March. but anyways between now an when my mold products get here I think I will be taking a much

needed mental break, fixing little details, also start writing the tutorial an walk people through the steps on sculpting clay this way.

so enjoy the pics, wish they were better some of the detail got lost with the flash, but there will be more to come!

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

its... beautiful! *sniff*

After picking up my jaw, I have to say that is on damn good job of sculpting, especially since all the details are there. I can't wait to see more on this and other projects, because, well... you HAVE to do more after seeing this. Anyways, I hope to see that tutorial in the near future and good luck on your molding!

Brandon McClain said:
Looks great! What about the small hard point on the brim for attachements??

I thought about putting that part on, but i really like the smooth look so i will have that little part attached to the other attachment on top of the helmet, i dont know what its called but im sure you that what im talking about haha

insanetrooper said:
I think there might

be one or two people out there that would like a cast of the helmet when its done haha

That was my theory when a made my H3 frag, if i can make one and mold it then everyone can have one (or two).

the only comment that there looks like alittle bit of uneven with the top of the visor the right is lower and not as sharp and with the side "lights" area the left looks like it alittle high and the left looks not as sharp as the right

<-------- What my avatar said.

That's brilliant, I love it. I would kill to have a mold for myself! Just look at all that detail, it's amazing!

Kudos to you, my good sir. :lol

Clay poured inside

IMG_0447.jpg

Getting ready to take the paper off

IMG_0449.jpg

Paper off

IMG_04510.jpg

Carving in progress

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

[/quote]

this is a very cool way of going about building i think that i will try this with the odst.

-cheers

7Christian7chief7 said:
Clay poured inside

IMG_0447.jpg

Getting ready to take the paper off

IMG_0449.jpg

Paper off

IMG_04510.jpg

Carving in progress

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

this is a very cool way of going about building i think that i will try this with the odst.

-cheers

[/quote]

Don't just make a out-of-the-factory model make a battle damaged one but don't do what people like me say what you should do be CREATIVE!!!

Hey thanks everyone. im back to working on my mk-vi right now but soon ill have mold pics posted an start getting the helmet cast, painted an finished

What was your process of removing the paper from the clay and did you encounter any problems? I take it that the paper was not resined, so i also wonder if you had any problems with warping but just didnt post any pictures of the warping? One last question, about how much total clay did you use?

that is all.

for now.

Thanks, and this looks incredible dude.

i have 1 question about the whole thing, how did you get the paper off? and i can wait to see this done- its mind bottling, like its go all my thoughts trapped inside my mind. like a bottle

dubean33 said:
What was your process of removing the paper from the clay and did you encounter any problems? I take it that the paper was not resined, so i also wonder if you had any problems with warping but just didnt post any pictures of the warping? One last question, about how much total clay did you use?

that is all.

for now.

Thanks, and this looks incredible dude.

So the paper was really easy to take off, since its oil based it didnt stick to the paper at all, only to tabs that were not glued down, I didnt have to resin it. if you look at my first pics you can see I

put some paper strips in to take out some of the warps and that saved a ton of time in the end. but once i poured the clay in, for the first few layers i held the helmet in my lap while it cooled because if i

put it down it would have warped, but as he clay got cooler an harder i layed it in a towel to keep it from flatening out on one side, but i really dint have any problems with the clay the only warps i had

were from the pep model. for the clay i picked up 12 pounds, and put in 11 and had 1 pound left for working with, after carving i only took off maybe 1/2 a pound

j0ker11 said:
i have 1 question about the whole thing, how did you get the paper off? and i can wait to see this done- its mind bottling, like its go all my thoughts trapped inside my mind. like a bottle

haha i like the comment thanks. the paper was super easy to take off, the clay is oil based an kinda waxy so i just tore the paper off in little sections and it didnt stick at all.

also ill have casts soon that ill be working on so i can so off a finished helmet, so keep checking back

excellent job with the details and smoothing looks great keep it coming

wheres the noble six design from btw

TOM11G said:
excellent job with the details and smoothing looks great keep it coming

wheres the noble six design from btw

Halo Reach.

[attachment=15620:1007.noble-profile.png]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back