Noble Six Helmet Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if any word or phrase can describe the beauty of this piece. My Hat is off to you Trooper. Please inform us with more detail on the pouring process. I have tons of clay waiting to be used. By the way...I know you said there was no cracking.I have had problems with normal air dry clay with cracks on every project. Did you make sure it was the same thickness all over?

Got some updates!

I never knew how much time building with clay would take and how long making a mold and casting would take, but I have made progress!!

this first cast has a little warp in the back were i didnt get the rubber mold seated right, but thats why this first one im making for myself and its nothing

5 min of bondo work wont fix... but ill know for the next cast i make. but over all im happy with how the first cast came out :)

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

I love the weathering on your helmet, not too much to look cheesy, just enough to make it look like it has seen some action. Nice helmet and paint job.

Wow... just wow... If I manage to bugger up my current EOD helmet, I might go for this method next time. I'm really looking forward to your tutorial! :D

more pics! well its almost done, have a couple more things to touch up and put the liner inside and then it will be finished

also you cant see it in the pictures but the visor is gold like the game

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

Its looking good! I noticed you did the cut lines, I left those out on my helm. But where the the details on the back? there are a few small recesses on the blacked step like area on the back? Artistic license I guess. Looks fantastic!!

Looks great man. Gotta try out that clay method sometime.

What did you use for the little axle/wheel shaped things near the front?

STEALTH said:
Wow great job IT. I love both existing helms by you and Brandon.

Are you doing the entire suit?

thanks for the comment, for now im just doing the helmet so i can keep working on my mk-vi, and yes i will have some new pics and that one too :)

Brandon McClain said:
Its looking good! I noticed you did the cut lines, I left those out on my helm. But where the the details on the back? there are a few small recesses on the blacked step like area on the back? Artistic license I guess. Looks fantastic!!

yeah I thought about doing the resesses on the back but i couldnt get a detailed enough picture to really see what they looked like

rundown said:
great work man. Your pulling it off!

glad you like my helmet, but i want to THANK YOU! for doing a awesome job on the pep file, no way could i have done this with out your work :D

Morphen Jar said:
Looks great man. Gotta try out that clay method sometime.

What did you use for the little axle/wheel shaped things near the front?

hey thanks! yeah try the clay method its pretty easy and turns out really nice.

for the little hinge looking part im sure there was a easier way than what i did but i just roled up a piece of card stock and poured some melted clay into

it and then took it out of the little mold and carved it with a x-acto knife

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, how have I overseen this thread?!

Like everyone has said, spectacular work. Nothing like a new method to get everyone excited! I really do think this is a good way to introduce people to sculpting who would normally have no idea where to start. Is this your first time sculpting? I look forward to that tutorial if you ever get it together. I'd love to just see some shots of your tools and how you use them.

Again, great work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back