Noob Iron Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdawg224

Hi there. I just found these forums and its fantastic.

I'm a total noob and I decided to do an iron man helmet. This is my second pep model and I have to say, it was ridiculously difficult to make. The face plate is held in place by paper clips inside.

Anyways, here are some pictures.

My next step would be to figure out how to do resin and body filler, and where to buy it.

Edit: I replaced my cell phone pics with digital cam pics, its much clear now

Thats a good pep for your second. One thing I have to say is either you didnt line all of them up correctly or you folded lines you didnt need to, Im pretty sure it was the first one though. When oyu pep just make sure the edge id's match up.

tarchinoko said:
Thats a good pep for your second. One thing I have to say is either you didnt line all of them up correctly or you folded lines you didnt need to, Im pretty sure it was the first one though. When oyu pep just make sure the edge id's match up.

Tarchinoko, could you circle the problem areas that you have spotted because I see none?. Did you even look at the images posted by the op?. :unsure

This is a difficult model to get right because of all the curves and the missing flaps, I think jdawg224 has done an excellent job. Well done!!

About time you posted a wip and I will look forward to any updates you post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paperclips? Why didn't I think of that??

Anyway, nice job on the pep :)

I found the resin and body filler at an auto parts store in town.

Hope that helps! :)

tarchinoko said:
Thats a good pep for your second. One thing I have to say is either you didnt line all of them up correctly or you folded lines you didnt need to, Im pretty sure it was the first one though. When you pep just make sure the edge id's match up.

I lined it all up for the most part, and yeah, I folded and cut every single line.

I edited my first post and replaced it with clearer pictures from my actual camera rather than my cell phone cam. The back part ended up being sloppy because I messed up initially, and had to rip the cardstock apart.

Also, this is a really tight fit, in fact it doesn't even fit, after the lower back parts were added. I will have to add some kind of hinge system and/or disconnect-able jaw that Rebostar suggested. I don't really want to make a bigger helmet because it will look like a big head, and this *should* fit perfectly on my head by adding moving parts to make the neck opening bigger.

I will probably work on the next stage in a couple of days, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back