Noob Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba2

Hello everyone, I thought I'd finally share a story and pics of my current wip. My whole journey into pepakura started with searching for a way to make a mmpr helmet for my gf and I to wear for halloween. She was going to be the pink ranger, and I the green one. I eventually stumbled onto one of Adam's videos on youtube. The next few days I installed the needed software, downloaded the files and was on my way to making my armor to wear for halloween. Then, my plans were ruined when I found out that I am getting deployed and was scheduled to be at Ft. Polk over halloween so I stopped working on it. Good news is, 2 weeks ago my orders changed so that I leave on Nov. 3rd! Game on!!! Now, I am in a mad dash to finish my costume. All the files are low res except for the right shoulder and forearm ( that changed after they took way too long to cut out and pep.)

So far I have the Helmet and chest finished. The helmet has 2 blue leds, 2 white leds and a voice changer from an optimus prime mask. All other pieces have been pep'd, fiber glassed and started to bondo. Here are some quick pics.

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

In order to ease the wearing of the body pieces i was thinking of cutting the shin and forearm pieces up the back and attaching velcro. Anyone have any other suggestions on how to make them easy to wear?

I used elbow pads to help hold the shoulder pieces up and it also helps keep the arm pieces still too. Thats one way that i used. zelcro can work but depends the weight of your armor pieces. Well hoped this helped and keep up the good work on your armor! ;)

Hargster

The helmet looks really good! I don't really like how the chest piece looks, but that's due to the pep design not your work... Speaking of which, what pep files did you use? I'm wondering if they're the same as the one's I'm using(JediFraz), because the pepped helmet looks eerily familiar...

The use of a Moto-cross undersuit really helps support some of the bigger portions of armour, you can check some of my pics for examples, but I'm liking your bondo work!

Thanks for all the replies! I had gotten my files during the recent 405th website crash so most of them arent from the 405th mirror. I checked the halo pep wikia and couldnt find the matching file for the chest. All of those are slightly different than the one im using. When saved it is simply called SpartanChest, no author in the document info either. The chest also got a little lopsided when I resin'd it, but I'm hoping to make a HD one while in Afghanistan if I have the free time.

I think I will do something similar to what Hargster suggested. I'll use some elastic straps and sew in velcro so it will act like knee and elbow pads.

Thanks! Well, I've been cramming till 3:00am every day this week and it has paid off. I finished EVERYTHING! Only thing is one of the switches for the LEDs is starting to not want to stay on so I may hard wire both sides into one switch. Here are some pics with it on. I'll post more detailed ones like of how I added elastic for ease of wearing after I get some rest. (sorry for the quality of pics, it was starting to rain so I just put it on Auto :p)

IMG_0998copy.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

Wow, kudos on the costume! How long did it take you to make? I like the worn out paint look on the edges, it's a killer suit :D

Thanks everyone! I started peping the same day I joined 405th so.. it too me just over a month to complete. Some pieces could use some more work here and there but it passes the 10ft test for me so it'll work. The boots are only 2 pieces of the 3 piece model to make them easier to put on and off. Other than that, thanks to all those who have checked out my thread and a very special thanks to Robogenesis, and all the others who made the files.

Edit: I just realized I'm wearing the thigh plates wrong, LOL!!! Need to be turned to the outside more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back