NZ-TK/Sigma Hayabusa Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Havent been on here in months o_O This is the first topic i look up on.
Damn i was really wishing to get my hands on this. Due to all the new free-er time i have.

*ponders a PM to NZ-TK :)*

Sure is good to be back, place looks different!

What he said, lol.

As far as I know, NZ-TK and Sigma are the only ones here so far to have attempted a build of this helmet. Given the complexity of its design, it's certainly not something for the faint of heart :p

i dont know....im sure i could tackle it like a 500 pound linebacker :D

plus, Shirokage's one looks easier, and i wouldnt mind doing this helmet if the model was released.

i think i have proven my worth to get to try this SOB out.

My Hayabusa helmet file has now become a personal project, I don't think I will ever make the model publicly available. I don't think I will upload anymore original .pdo's, I have decided I'd like to keep my work instead of giving it away. This is no great loss to the community, as my version of the Hayabusa is not suitable for pepakura and the retail version may get ripped and uploaded at some point, if that happened it would be far better than mine. Flying Squirrel's, Robo's and SKG's pdo work is far superior to mine. So there will always be quality content for people to use here, as long as they and others are happy to give stuff away. If you want a Hayabusa helmet now, I suggest you use Shirokage's or learn to model. His looks very good and far more suitable for pepakura. People are free to use what I have already released for its intended purpose.

NZ-TK said:
My Hayabusa helmet file has now become a personal project, I don't think I will ever make the model publicly available. I don't think I will upload anymore original .pdo's, I have decided I'd like to keep my work instead of giving it away.
Understandable, from a fellow artist's point of view. It woud have been interesting to try, but its your file, your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang,,and I haven't seen shiorokage on here in a while..There's no file if ya google it, so im just gonna go sit in my little corner and dream.

So far all pretty much all the helmets are available
MkV- FS
MkVI- FS and others
CQB- Slyflo and others
EVA- Slyflo and others
EOD- SuperTaco
Security- Nugget
Rouge- nz
ODST- nz and ruze's low poly edit
Scout- nz
The only thing left is haybusa but, Shirokage may decide to give his away, the retail model may get ripped, or one of the other moddlers might tackle it, lets be honest FS could probably do it in an afternoon. Already there is a tonne of quality content out there for free, so those who cant model aren't missing out on anything. Pepakura has become an important part of how I sculpt things. I don't give my sculpts away, so it makes little sense to me, to give away parts of it. I make props, not only because I enjoy it but, because I want to do it professionally. Currently Im building a portfolio of unique work, I like to concentrate my efforts on what hasn't already been done, hence doing the EVA, my current helmet project and the Hayabusa next. If I give away the templates for my armatures (pdo's), there will be little to differentiate my work from what is easily viewable on the net by prospective employers. One hundred people out there could have a sculpt that has dimensions identical to mine. If any prospective employer looks online for my work, they may think my sculpt, is like the others, based on someone else's work. Im not trying to be mean or selfish, I am just trying to protect my interests. I made this decision, on advice from my lawyer and other artists. Thanks for understanding everyone.

I, like nearly everyone else, was really looking forward to this file. However, you have a very good reason for not releasing your file, and I respect that, and I'm sure most everyone else will too.

P.S. Your lawyer knows what a Hyabusa helmet is? o_O

Garland said:
P.S. Your lawyer knows what a Hyabusa helmet is? o_O
Agreed.

I also agree and understand why you (NZ-TK) have chosen not to release the .pdo file. You are one lucky guy Sigma.

Wow, all these people bumping the thread. Guess folks do love the Hayabusa.

I'll get back to finishing this project in June. Look forward to it, summer is armor making season. ;)

Sigma-LS said:
Wow, all these people bumping the thread. Guess folks do love the Hayabusa.
I'll get back to finishing this project in June. Look forward to it, summer is armor making season. ;)

Yep, my in-game spartan is Hayabusa(Helm) I plan to make exactly what I've got in game ;) Good luck with it.

Sigma! You are pep god! Thats the pep ive waited for years! (ok then months) It looks so great! When does it come so we can Dl it to our comps?

MasterBest1 said:
Sigma! You are pep god! Thats the pep ive waited for years! (ok then months) It looks so great! When does it come so we can Dl it to our comps?

UNFORTUNAELY....We will not be able to get this file since NZ-TK will not be distributing it out for personal reasons which I respect!! So Sigma-LS is the fortunate one that was blessed with the file. So asking for the file or what not will not be possible by any means.

NZ-TK said:
Currently Im building a portfolio of unique work, I like to concentrate my efforts on what hasn't already been done, hence doing the EVA, my current helmet project and the Hayabusa next. If I give away the templates for my armatures (pdo's), there will be little to differentiate my work from what is easily viewable on the net by prospective employers. One hundred people out there could have a sculpt that has dimensions identical to mine. If any prospective employer looks online for my work, they may think my sculpt, is like the others, based on someone else's work. Im not trying to be mean or selfish, I am just trying to protect my interests. I made this decision, on advice from my lawyer and other artists. Thanks for understanding everyone.

There is another member who showed up on the forums with his little teaser then all of a sudden vanished without any news what not...so it looks like it won't go public as well!!

Your best bet is get a 3d program and build one yourself or if you have some sculpting skills, you can go that route!! Not to be mean or anything but the "Hype" was good while it lasted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back