NZ-TK/Sigma Hayabusa Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Primal Weyland said:
Same answer three times on the same page - NZ-TK, I truly respect that some people are either too new to know the correct procedures, or have some sort of mental hinderance. However, nothing excuses somebody asking the same darned question despite the answer being readily available. So, I'm sorry, but no - I'm not going to just smile and let the little kid smile his way through this one. If we all went around asking pointless questions instead of looking for the information ourselves...

Actually, scratch that, this is exactly what 7/10ths of this forum does anyways, and that's why it's so wacky. I retract my statement. In any case - kids don't learn if they aren't taught, and by heck, if I have to put Borg exoplated foot up rectum to make it happen, then so be it, because with all respect, I'm rather tired of people patting the children on the back and nursing them along. It achieves nothing but complacency and laziness.

Point to stand: for the final time. There be no Hayabusa for you, little nublet.
Who appointed you the forum police officer? How do you know he's/she's a little kid? For some reason you seem more bitterly disapointed than anyone on this topic and have read the posts several times to remember every niggling detail that has been typed verbatim. That's something that you can't controll, who is on and what is said. You are entitled to your own opinion and so is everyone else. My opinion: You may need a colonoscopy to pull your head out and find some tollerance if not (dare I say) niceness. Don't stop Hamma Time no matter who they are.

By the way, great Helmet both of you you're an inspiration to all of us Sigma. NZ-TK thank you for your contribution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Right now this project is on the backburner due to a couple other projects I got going (SMG, Mk V, secret project etc.). I'm having a couple issues with refitting some parts on it and molding is going to be a big issue I'm not ready to approach yet. Only about half of the flames are done. I'll let you guys know when this gets going again, probably going to be early June.

Thanks for all the compliments and to NZ-TK especially for letting me try this out.

-Sigma

what with all this secret projects (you and adam as the major people) What ever happened to the good old days when people just said it out right.

Cant wait to see your helm i dont think molding well be an problem your leave near adam, spase and doc what other people do you need

Maybe because it's a collaborative secret project? ;) Everybody has some skills to bring to the table, so that's what a few folks are up to. It's Adam's baby though, just helping out a bit when I can. Plus it's just fun to hang out and make stuff. :D

A buddy has got all my Rebound 25 at the moment so no molding for me for a little bit.

must be good livin near each other, all these secret projects and stuff......

and the power of the internets makes this all good in the end :p

secret project......the government does enough of that, you can tell us, we wont tell anyone else :D

Power of the internet indeed, truly international projects are becoming the norm these days.
secret project......the government does enough of that,
tell me about it, I just watched the oliver stone JFK movie, that thing was scary.

Garland said:
Dead on. Bungie's flaming helmet thing is well-known now, but who's ever seen a real flaming helmet? Can you say YouTube video of the year?

I unfolded supertaco's shoulders and posted them in the download thread. Someone just needs to do the chest piece and then we'll have the full Hyabusa set. NZ, do you like chest perms? :)

you could paint with a flame proof engine enamel and douse it in gasoline, then it wouldn't burn (for the most part) and the resin, bondo, and fiberglass shouldn't melt, so for the most part the helmet should be in-tact...

How much more must I prove before I am deemed worthy of the hayabusa challenge? :D ;)
My Pep Armor Creations

How much more must I prove before I am deemed worthy of the hayabusa challenge?
Its not a reward that I dish out to people. Everyone will get their hands on it, and (sorry sigma) it'll be a much nicer version than the original (barely useable)

in need of MC armor said:
i think that NZ-TK is the only one who has ever mad a Hayabusa Helmet.Ps nice job on making that Sigma
Actually someone else is making a Hayabusa Helmet out of cardboard, looks ok but not as good as NZ-TK and Sigma's helmet.

Nice helmet btw, I would love to make one of these or a Security helmet. They both look cool.

Definately looking forward to whenever NZ-TK and Sigma finally have this available later in the year. I have a friend here that would love to have a 1:1-scale Hayabusa helmet (I'll plan on building him one, using the same method as for my Mk VI). And, of course, I wouldn't mind having one for myself... heh :D

Hi, first post, but I've been trolling for ages. I'm not able to post new threads yet, so I don't want Sigma and NZ to think I'm trying to hijack their thread, but I've taken a stab at Haybusa as well and it is extraordinarily difficult.

The first helmet I did in pep was a 16 page Mark VI helm back in November. It took me a few days to get a pattern rythm down and the discovery of brush on super glue was a true gift. Naturally, I wanted to do Hayabusa next because I'm crazy like that and I learn better when things are more difficult. Aside from the amount of faces the model has, there are so many under-cuts that you really, REALLY have to plan out the order you're going to put this model together.

So far I've done three. The first is shown below completed in blue card-stock (clearance sale). The plan of attack on this was simply find the matching piece and attach it, much like a puzzle. That was a dumb idea, even though I finished it. However, after pouring over the in-game model for a few hours I realized I didn't model it correctly. I missed the spike under the long 'wing spike'. In addition, the in-game proportions to the helmet, were horrid in real life (very wide). So I made some accuracy and ascetic adjustments. From there I did a new unwrap with the order of building in mind.

The new version went together really well. Thats when I started thinking about how I would create a mold for it. So, I built the model once again with an 11.5 cm scale. (Exacto knife, Tweezers and brush on super glue.) After 6 months I've almost got the kinks out, and its finally warm enough to start resin and fiberglass.

When one of these files hits, don't attempt this helmet if your easily discouraged or haven't done anything else. It will require a lot of work to go from the pep design to a properly smoothed version and will try to crush your spirit. You have been warned.

As proof of my claim here are some pics of my first version and a pep screenshot of my current version. When I get back to my apartment I'll get some shots of the 11.5 cm version to prove I'm that kind of crazy. ;)

P1000108.jpg

version 0.7 - very wide on human head, missing small spike under the largest one.

Hayabusa.jpg

note the spike below the 'wing'

From here out I'll make updates in my blog or start my own thread in the future. This is Sigma/NZ's thread and I don't intend to take over. You guys have taught me a lot so far and have done some awesome work. Thank-you.

well done so far :) I think once you iron out a few issues it will be very accurate, the mouth and crest look pretty good, although i would make the centre spike longer

now..with any luck, the army of 14 year old noobs will pester you, and leave me alone :D Welcome to the forum

NZ-TK said:
well done so far :) I think once you iron out a few issues it will be very accurate, the mouth and crest look pretty good, although i would make the centre spike longer

now..with any luck, the army of 14 year old noobs will pester you, and leave me alone :D Welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcome!

The angle the screen shot is on doesn't do the spike justice. It's around ends 1/4 from the end of the helmet:
Spike.gif

I'll get some pictures in the morning to add of the one I'm fiberglassing.

Currently, I've got 14 and 16 year old relatives that can see, touch and wear it. I'm used to the "gimmie gimmie" pressure, but if I can shoulder some of your burden, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back