ODST boots and gloves foam pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kula

Hi anyone have the templates or pictures for the boots and gloves armor pieces? Or even pics would help.

Cool I'm trying to get all the pieces done
IMG_20190930_052759.jpg

I just used some $10 all black Walmart running shoes. Though I've heard $20 black combat boots from any surplus store will work too :)
This was during the shoe goo attachment process. They stick perfectly now
JPEG_20191015_190219.jpg

and how did you attatch the foam to your shoes?
I used shoe goo just sloshing it on the foam where it connects to the shoe. Then used rubber bands to hold them in place since it takes 24 hours to cure. But now it's basically impossible to come apart. Be prepared to lose the shoes if you do this route.

hey i remember sean doing a thing on here about the odst gloves and sure enough i found it here is the link

What pattern did you use for the boot soles, and how did you attach them?
I used the ODST boot files in "The Armory" located in the halo 3 odst section. However I cheated a little on some of the foam work but it's still the same. then I just glued them to my $10 walmart running shoe with shoe goo and rubber bands. so pretty much they are stuck to the shoes never to come off again.

What pattern did you use for the boot soles, and how did you attach them?

I too used the files in the Armory. I used Armorsmith to measure some angles and adjusted the templates until they fit my needs and estimated angles for bevels. I didn't attach the boot covers to my boots, but instead I have elastic from the heel part to the main boot cover and elastic that I can slide underneath my boot, so I can slide the piece over and off and not have to sacrifice a pair of boots. Barge to attach the elastic to the foam with another piece of 2mm foam sandwiching the part. I've worn them over multiple days and had 0 issues with the boots coming apart or slipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back