ODST Chest Plate Buckles

Status
Not open for further replies.

HATE Recon

Member DIN
S071
Hello,

So after looking for ages for an stl file for the buckles that hold the chest plate on for ODSTs, I decided to model it. It was actually fairly difficult to get reference images, and I sized it based on the scale of my costume, which should work for most others. What do you guys think. I'll post the stl once I refine the design a bit, or if enough of you ask for it now, but this is what I got so far. I modeled it in Inventor using the ingame model for reference. It's 3in wide and about 1.75in tall, and 0.6in thick. Let me know if you have any suggestions and what you think. I'll post pictures of my test print when its done.

I'd say that is certainly one of the most accurate available, well once released of course. Thank you very much for your efforts, and for your willingness to release it for others!

-Matt

I think I'm going to make the whole clip a little wider, and widen out the center strap bar. I think it could also be just a little thinner, though I might just put two versions up. I may also add some tabs on the bottom to allow for actually using it to hold pep or vacuum formed chest plates. Aside from that, not much to change. I'll upload the files probably within the next day or so. Give anyone that needs them time to print them before Outpost Discovery ;).

Not sure if I'll ever use this, but I love seeing people contribute. Thanks!

I was just searching for one, too! Ended up making a basic one from foam and a few metal nails. Thanks and great job, I'll print a couple when I get home

I couldn’t wait for the update haha thanks so much for making the file

Attachments

• D74B1C04-32C9-4298-9DDD-86223206DD27.jpeg
    D74B1C04-32C9-4298-9DDD-86223206DD27.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 649
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back