Odst Live Action Reference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underdogg13

For general discussion of the ODST live action short see the ODST Live Action Trailer thread

Since the new ODST Live Action Trailer was so game accurate, I think we should start a thread for reference pics that could be taken from live action videos. I made three already.

First is for scaling, second is for some helmet detail, and third is for torso details or for lulz.

[attachment=11837:Reference picture 1.JPG][attachment=11838:Reference picture 2.JPG][attachment=11839:Reference picture 3.JPG]

And the un-edited versions:

[attachment=11840:Edit Out 1.JPG][attachment=11841:Edit Out 2.JPG][attachment=11842:Edit Out 3.JPG]

Post your pictures!

BTW, if you want to, you can post WETA ODST pictures, just as long as it's live action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm, No offense, but can you post Un-Edited pictures?

That way we can see all of the details.

I've got a bunch going up here right now, keep an eye on that and I'll post some references here when I'm done.

I wouldn't normally use SD video but the only HD one I can find is for subscribers...

Belakor said:
I've got a bunch going up here right now, keep an eye on that and I'll post some references here when I'm done.

I wouldn't normally use SD video but the only HD one I can find is for subscribers...

Awesome, just don't forget to post them here.

Underdogg13 said:
Awesome, just don't forget to post them here.

I'll post some up but I wont be able to post them all... the first 18 are up in that gallery now but there's another 64 uploading as I type, I'm pretty sure that many would kill a lot of internet connections :p

I'll edit this post and my other one with some pics once I've got all of them up :)

its a cool vid, i watched it like ten times, a lot of the pieces are not game accurate mainly the forearms and biceps. the forearms look like the WETA version and the shoulders look more like concept art. the chest is also modified.

odstref.jpg

Here's a few that I just uploaded:

3887691765_cd86349eb6.jpg

3887579725_8b584a9091.jpg

3888410582_9e00117ec8.jpg

3887628793_687b58aa00.jpg

3887661719_2c32d775f0.jpg

3888466630_a948095327.jpg

3888450770_31f3a87645.jpg

3887676509_6112e9e782.jpg

3887692997_3f0830c89a.jpg

For all 82 photos go here:

Link

Keep in mind these are the from the SD trailer (slightly stretched), once I have the HD copy I'll do them again :)

Edit: Now have the HD version, screencapping and uploading to commence momentarily :)

FalseKnightmare said:
its a cool vid, i watched it like ten times, a lot of the pieces are not game accurate mainly the forearms and biceps. the forearms look like the WETA version and the shoulders look more like concept art. the chest is also modified.

odstref.jpg

That's okay, and maybe someone could get working on new models for those modified pieces.

Underdogg13 said:
That's okay, and maybe someone could get working on new models for those modified pieces.

hmmmm...?

probably better people for the job but ill try to make one anyways, always wanted to do H3 odst but all the parts are taken.

Wow, this trailer is amazing...to tell the truth I wasn't all that interested in this game until I saw this. Nice advertising bungie..you got me lol.

Best part for me is while the drop ship is falling...really makes you feel like part of it...good stuff

ExE Havok said:
Wow, this trailer is amazing...to tell the truth I wasn't all that interested in this game until I saw this. Nice advertising bungie..you got me lol.

Best part for me is while the drop ship is falling...really makes you feel like part of it...good stuff

+1

This totally peaked my interest.

Also, great work on gathering the reference pictures. It's interesting to see some of the artistic liberties they took in designing the suits, feeding the creativity of people on this site :). Hurray for segmented chest armour!!

Just uploaded another 60 photos to my ODST live action gallery and another 46 are going up now:

Link

Newest ones are at the top, there are quite a few duplicates, some are SD and some are HD, there's also some that are from the short version and others from the extended one.

I tried to get a few good clear pics of the backpack, I'm curious as to how that actually attaches...

Edit: I think I've finished up all the new ODST references, there's now 221 photos of various qualities in the above link.

I've now started taking and uploading references from the Landfall shorts:

Landfall ODST reference

Probably end up with a couple hundred of them too.

sierra092 said:
The behind the scenes is out now too, you should get some snaps of the armour in that, theres some good views of it.

I found the behind the scenes footage on Youtube earlier (I couldn't get the official video to load for some reason) so I'll probably start capping that shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back