Odst - Trooper's Thread Of Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Stig said:
Who's the guy in the Scout?

The scout is Hale from the 405th forums. Check out his creation thread here:

Hale's Cobalt Scout Thread

Nice guy, awesome costume, and it was a pleasure being able to share some moments with him and his friends. We spent over an hour and a half just standing there getting pictures taken! Thank god it was underneath an AC vent.

I'll have more pictures up shortly and a continued report, but for now, I leave you with the most epic of epic swag:

3892581154_709555378b_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could go to such a cool event like you. :(

All the awesome stuff is always held in places too far from me and I can't afford to travel so I miss out on everything! *cries* Why can't something come to michigan for once!? :p

You guys were on Inside Xbox, your sister is the only one seen/talking, for like 5 seconds in armor. Just a heads letting you guys know.

Really crazy awesome work, especially on such a schedule! I'm kicking myself really hard for not going to PAX this year. Fantastic job.

i am haji said:
the back portion of your armor is missing

well thats why he used a backpack. trooper, words can't describe how awesome those suits are, some of the coolest non-mold costumes evar! thanks to this thread, im deciding to get back into unfolding my dutch ODST helm and hopefully getting my first costume done by Halloween.

Pics from Flickr user Verifex:

3891519547_52c4fc71c2_b.jpg

The man in the background is terrified.

3892305042_061e526a94_b.jpg

I'm talking with Laird about the Child's Play charity, Hale's busy looking cool, and my sister's dealing with the joy of long hair being squeezed into a tiny helmet.

Pics from Vic Deleon's twitter:

27687393.jpg

Close up of my painted Ithica's Recon v3 helm. Complete with classy Leonidas scar.

27686932.jpg

Group pic! My sister insisted on holding the pistol all funny because of the orange tips we put on it at the request of enforcer staff (I think we were the only ones who bothered, probably a leftover from me working security at Fanime-con)

And now a few of my pics:

3891792393_2377776f56_b.jpg

I sleep in the oddest positions. PS Buckle Up, it's the law.

3891792663_df6c379c87_b.jpg

My cousin nabbing some photos. Don't worry, it was at a stoplight!

3891793935_8d95facabb_b.jpg

Bungie stamp of approval.

3891794073_6d1ae432db_b.jpg

Picture with Cammy. Yes, my makeshift neck thing is messed up in this picture.

3892580800_66dd33e598_b.jpg

Drinks are on Bungie! Yes, my flashlight is missing in this picture. And apparently Mickey handles his alcohol much better than Dare. ;)

As far as armour construction notes, nope I didn't make the back details. Didn't have the time for the lower back area, and as for the butt plate, I decided it would be better to give the piece I made for myself to my sister and use my camera bag as it would also provide additional storage, which we were short on and desperately needing. Maybe someday I'll get around to making that part...but this suit is pretty much completed for now as I go on to fiddle around with sculpting and molding pieces. I'll bust it out two more times probably: ODST promotion for Gamestop if they're still interested, and Halloween. Maybe one last photo op, since I happen to know a great photographer who's going down to SD with me. After that, use some pieces as bases or reference for molded versions, then stick it on a mannequin or something for my apartment/dorm.

I'm glad you enjoy the suits. As far as non-molded goes, the chestpiece and Dare's helmet ARE cast from molds, however the masters were pep based if I'm not mistaken. The chestpiece is derived off the WETA chestpiece, modded to be more in line with in-game appearances by Savvytank, and is definitely createable with good 'ol pep, fiberglass, and bondo. Good luck with your costumes, and thanks for the heads up on the Inside XBox dealio. I'll be sure to check it out once I get my XBox back from the friend I loaned it to.

PS The name thing on Mickey's helmet IS supposed to be tape. Got that from the concept artists.

Edit: New pic from School Girl Goodness Flickr:

3901727745_56166557c8_b.jpg

ALso could you maybe dig up the pep file you used for your backpack? the other pep file i found for the normal backpack doesn't really appeal to me.

320mm for the regular ODST shoulder, and 360 for the CQB shoulder, if I remember correctly. The default ones are pretty tiny. I have one made in default scale sitting my backyard. It's...interesting.

For reference, I'm 5'11" and around 175, with an average build.

Awesome man. Nice to see you found the forums. Welcome, and I hope you're able to find everything you need to get started on your own projects here. :)

FearlessSon (the other ODST guy) is on here as well.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or post here.

Wow.... I feel REALLY lazy for having not taken any pictures in my last minute rush to get everything ready. This is a very impressive catalog of your builds. I tried to read through all of your thread.... but holy crap, do you type a lot!! Hahah, it's cool though. I learned a lot from just the first couple pages. I'll finish it up later.

It really was great meeting you and your sis at PAX, and I hope we can meet up again in the future. Hope you didn't feel too out of place at the Bungie party without me, but I couldn't miss out on Freezepop. Hahah!

I've got a million pictures of us, so here are a few to add to your collection:

preparetodrop.jpg

Prepare to Drop Panel

rockpaperscissors.jpg

Rock Paper Scissors.... TO THE DEATH!

PICT0750.jpg

MickeyDare.jpg

rockpaperscissor3vs.jpg

You sis showing us both up...

405thtalk.jpg

A rare break in the photo action.

hadouken1.gif

You damn ODSTs, and your hadouken haxing ways!!!

Trooper0621 said:
320mm for the regular ODST shoulder, and 360 for the CQB shoulder, if I remember correctly. The default ones are pretty tiny. I have one made in default scale sitting my backyard. It's...interesting.

For reference, I'm 5'11" and around 175, with an average build.

I'm 5'11" around 175 too, less muscle more body fat tho lol. I have the default scale sitting on my desk, wondering how long it'll take my 6 month old son to wear it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back