Soft Parts Odst Undersuit Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys. i grabbed a pic offa the internet from a weta thing. (i grabbed 2 actually, for dif angles) and here's wut i came up with. the first one is sloppy (well they're both sloppy) but they show u wut i mean. im thinking about discluding the H harness cuz it really doesn't do anything. i am thinking of replacing the vest i gave a link to up top with a diff one, but maybe ill keep using it, i havnt ordered it yet, so thats a good thing in case i change my mind (btw, for ppls information, im not done pepping, im jus planning ahead; kinda getting ahead of myself :) ). obviously, the pic has been color coded. by double connections i mean two straps are hot glued together and then that is glued to the armor. sometimes its jus 3 straps all glued together. the blue lines r either a strap glued to the armor pieces or to another strap there r some errors in it, like places that should be bright blue, but w/e. also, the only buckles i included r side-release aluminum buckles. anyways, here's the pic.

The_Harness-1copy.jpg

Now for the second image. like i said, i like the second one better. the second design is much neater and i think will have less problems with when glueing together and putting on later. i think that a vest is important though cuz those straps could start digging in. gimme some feed back so i know how u guys feel, thnx :)

The_Harness_V2copy.jpg

by the way, in case any one is confused, i DID NOT do the color codeing on both legs, just the one most visable. same for the arm

Peter Cooper said:
For the ODST suits in Operation Chastity I've decided to use three left-over vests I have which were made, but not used on screen, for the movie Doom.

destroyerp-1thumb.jpg
destroyerp-2thumb.jpg

I've already de-pouched them (with the exception of the pouches on the back), and now it's a case of working out armour plate positioning, strapping and so on. :)

Wow, you wouldn't happen to have any more spare would you Peter? j/k

I was going to use Urban Camo BDUs, with this vest:

http://www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au...ASS+ZIP+4+POCKTS+QUILTED+LINING+-+BLACK-CAMO+

But looking at all the stuff in this thread I might have to rethink my choices

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, i kinda wonder how he got a hold of that :) then again, i wonder how my dad got a hold of several thousands of dollars worth of CD's that r in japanese/german/other presses for like 300 different bands, but i guess there IS a way :)

cool, wut other stuff do u have? my dad has some cool stuff in our house, like he has these things called cells for the simpsons which can be worth a couple thousand bucks each :) MOVIE FACT :D : the art cells for the little mermaid would be worth like 10,000 dollars each (somewhere around there) BUT a woman who was told to STORE them decided to DESTROY them instead :( sad loss. the 10,000 was the estimated current value by disney studio's. i think they might have remade them, but thats the cost for original LM cells if they were to exist

tomb-stone said:
cool, wut other stuff do u have? my dad has some cool stuff in our house, like he has these things called cells for the simpsons which can be worth a couple thousand bucks each :) MOVIE FACT :D : the art cells for the little mermaid would be worth like 10,000 dollars each (somewhere around there) BUT a woman who was told to STORE them decided to DESTROY them instead :( sad loss. the 10,000 was the estimated current value by disney studio's. i think they might have remade them, but thats the cost for original LM cells if they were to exist

A few bits and pieces - uniforms and signs from 28 Weeks Later, a load of Doom uniforms, body armour and weapons, a couple of stunt weapons and uniforms from Starship Troopers, some uniforms from Sunshine... Doom is by far the largest component of my collection, though.

OMG! STARSHIP TROOPERS D: if u mean body armor and helmets when u say uniforms, then i will hunt u down and the police would have a mass-robery on their hands :) lol, thats some pretty cool stuff right there

Anything super cheap i mean homemade or wal-mart bought im short on cash, thinking of getting a black shirt cutting it into a vest the attached velcro on the sides and finally glue it to the torso? How does that sound. Oh and does anyone have any ideas for the straps that connect the main chest to the back/torso, i was thinking of getting regular backpack straps an stapling/gluing them in there

Does anyone actually have a legitimate way of connecting the armor to anything? I actually ahd an idea, where it's based off a molle vest, or any vest with a bunch of straps parallel to the waistline. Perhaps instead of bolting or gluing the armor onto the vest, why not slice little slots through the top of the armor, so we can slide straps through the slot? Then, sew the buckle onto the strap, and attach the end buckle onto the vest through another strap? That way, you don't end up ruining the vest, and you can use the vest for multiple uses? Just a thought, as I haven't tried this yet. I'm also wondering if it'd damamge the integrity of the armor, raising the chance of it breaking higher?

I'm building an ODST for my friend, and after checking several of the threads and reference pics here's what I have come up with. Its a little more expensive and requires some sewing. The base is a grey thermal long sleeve t shirt. I saw it pop up on one of the ODST threads, in the ref pic, you can see the checkered pattern. For the chest area I am going to use and older urban camo wakevest. Its a JetPilot A-10 Attack vest. It has the right shape and the belt matches with were the equipment plates go. I am going to use an old wetsuit and some 3/4 inch foam and make the peices that fit on the back as well as the shoulder straps the attach to the chest plate. This should allow for accurate shape, while maintaining flexibilty and keeping things light. for the belt plate, cod and hip plate, I will just use a tac belt from my local surplus store. The back peices and straps will velcro on the wakevest. The vest is a side entry, so everything remains attached and it is pretty easy to get in and out of, transfers weight well and is crazy comfy. I fall asleep in mine on my boat at least once every summer. As far as the legs, I think I will stick with motorcycle pants.

00153.jpg

jimmyfu said:
Does anyone actually have a legitimate way of connecting the armor to anything? I actually ahd an idea, where it's based off a molle vest, or any vest with a bunch of straps parallel to the waistline. Perhaps instead of bolting or gluing the armor onto the vest, why not slice little slots through the top of the armor, so we can slide straps through the slot? Then, sew the buckle onto the strap, and attach the end buckle onto the vest through another strap? That way, you don't end up ruining the vest, and you can use the vest for multiple uses? Just a thought, as I haven't tried this yet. I'm also wondering if it'd damamge the integrity of the armor, raising the chance of it breaking higher?

It would certainly work - I would personally be concerned by the appearance of all the straps underneath the armour, which are very un-ODST like.

jimmyfu said:

Peter Cooper said:
It would certainly work - I would personally be concerned by the appearance of all the straps underneath the armour, which are very un-ODST like.

Not only does the strapping look un-ODST like, the pieces have a tendency to slide. (I'm primarily talking about ODST chest/torso pieces.) The idea works nicely in theory, but you end up with large confusing harness in the end. (Just my observations.) I'm going w/ a vest next time. (However, if one builds the straps onto the vest with little "sliding" room (short straps), it could work quite well and look nice.) Downside is you might sometimes be able to see the backside of the armor. Once again, I'm talking about ODST/Marine/Pilot suits

Hope I wasn't too vague.

Cheers!

Looks good, but it doesn't fit good just like trooper0621 already showed in one of his youtube films. Maybe you could use regullar black clothes for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back