Foam ODST: Version 1 was okay. Now for Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naow, boys, yer about ta let them thar sweatpants git yoo into a werld uh truble. Best keep a cool head, an' let us over here in th' west talk like the west, while the rest o' ye just keep comlica'in' yer lives wit' armer 'n yoga.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMWLWp_LQcaKTOp2zFcET2H7wPkbaCXZKvg4mXAPAsRH1fUiXK.jpg

varmints.... peessshhh. wouldn't know a varmint if it crawled inta their pellows and bit 'em in the jools in the night....

city folk!

Look! I've got pants to go with my suit now! Only bad thing is they are a little on the baggy side. With all the leg armour on it pushes the pants up and I end up with diaper butt. Also my airsoft boots didn't work out. I have lots of difficulty putting them on. If I had built the shins to open up then it would have worked out. Plan B is to use my work boots (as seen here)
20180825_221330.jpg
20180825_222004.jpg
20180825_222531.jpg
20180825_222541.jpg

So the build is done. Made my debut at Fan Expo. I had a friend tag along to be my handler and take some photos. We did a photo shoot just outside the Con. We had no idea what we were doing considering this was the first time either of us did anything like this. I will eventually come back to this build and either touch up some areas, add decals or even rebuild some parts. For now, enjoy so photos.

IMG_3734_LR.JPG

IMG_3737_LR_PS.JPG

IMG_3760_LR.JPG

IMG_3739_PS_LR.JPG

IMG_3746_LR_PS.JPG

IMG_3754_LR.JPG

IMG_3795_LR.JPG

Basic painting is done. Now on to dry brush and black wash. Also replace visor.
View attachment 256233 View attachment 256234
View attachment 256235

Spartan and ODST reporting for duty!
View attachment 256236
Project Mini Chief is going to need some alterations, since my son has grown a bit since he last wore the whole suit. I will also try to complete the boots that were assembled but were never used.

I am desperately trying to find a template for greaves like this. Halp!

Time to revive my thread. As I mentioned in My Odogaron build that it's going on hiatus. After cleaning up my messy basement I found that I have a some scraps of puzzlemat foam. So I figured since I don't have to spend any money on new supplies that it's time to start upgrading my ODST and remake some parts. I will start off with the shins since that was the first parts I ever built and has the most issues.
It's been a while since I last opened Armoursmith... What new updates have been added???

Time to revive my thread. As I mentioned in My Odogaron build that it's going on hiatus. After cleaning up my messy basement I found that I have a some scraps of puzzlemat foam. So I figured since I don't have to spend any money on new supplies that it's time to start upgrading my ODST and remake some parts. I will start off with the shins since that was the first parts I ever built and has the most issues.
It's been a while since I last opened Armoursmith... What new updates have been added???
You can pose your avatar now! There's a few different tweaks within the canvas workspace as well but I'm not sure what version you last played around in so those may have already been there for you.

Are you thinking of any new attachments or just part replacements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back