Odstarmor Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatbane66

Hey! this is probably the wrong place to post this, but im a noob ad, well... :rolleyes .Im starting Odst armor and I wuz wondering if I could get tips!!! :D Im using 110 paper and id like to know if thats a good choice :)

good choice guy, but watch the way you spell on here not using proper grammar and spelling really annoys some people

eg: wuz-was

also if you havent already, read every single word of every single sticky =]

good luck too, and try to post some pictures if you can :D

destructoODST said:
Hey Keegan! I meant paper wieght not number of sheets!!! I should of said 110 wieght paper.

110lb cardstock is what you want so yes that will be a good choice for armour building :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of glue should I use? I use hot glue but some of the flaps are tiny.(You could say im kinda small to! Im pretty young!Middle school)

go grab some guerilla super glue. that stuff works amazingly its pretty cheap but a couple of small bottles will work for a long time.

Im starting to print files I have some cut and folded, but a lot more to go.Also, thanks for the advice on glue!I hope to get up some pictures kinda soon, but their isn't much to see right now but piles of folded paper! :rolleyes

I should have posted this earlier, but go to the last link in my sig. If you don't think you scaled the armour correctly, that tutorial would be a great thing to read.

Good luck!

Hot glue actually works pretty well, the real problem is sometimes it can come apart in the resin stage. Besides that, just give us some pics so we can see your progress.

I just took pictures but I cant find the cord for my camera!!! :angry Ill have to use my parents camera.Expect pics this weekend or early next week,but (hopefully) it shouldnt take that long.

Alright, dont expect pics anytime soon. Ill get em' up whenever I can. I completely messed up on the chestplate. Im going to practice on some knee pieces, so ill probably have extras if anyone will want them :) .Id also like to know some about the "hot glue method" of hardening(or strenghtening or whatever you call it)plates.Alright this project will be off for a While. Im going to pratice on some simpler stuff for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back