Official 405th Spartan Research 4 Organizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Necro post potentially, and I apologize for that, but I'm getting desperate here!

Desperate-times-call-for-desperate-measures.jpg

Has anyone got around to the Protector chest piece? A little bit of interesting information, in spite of padding some of the chest armor pieces that have a ridge sticking out (like the Rogue) kinda hurts to lay down on. If you're a sniper, you're prone a lot.

Also, I really do like the look of Protector. PLEASE say someone has, or is working on it. It's one of the few I haven't seen come up yet, and I've been doing some serious scouring. Usually I just come up with the Rogue chest piece when I look for Protector.

MJOLNIR_Protector.png

Necro post potentially, and I apologize for that, but I'm getting desperate here!

Has anyone got around to the Protector chest piece? A little bit of interesting information, in spite of padding some of the chest armor pieces that have a ridge sticking out (like the Rogue) kinda hurts to lay down on. If you're a sniper, you're prone a lot.

Also, I really do like the look of Protector. PLEASE say someone has, or is working on it. It's one of the few I haven't seen come up yet, and I've been doing some serious scouring. Usually I just come up with the Rogue chest piece when I look for Protector.

The files are in the File Archive. I uploaded the game rip myself.

The files are in the File Archive. I uploaded the game rip myself.

Sadly when I go to the archive, when I access the Protector section... there's nothing there. Unless I'm completely lost and the archive at the start of this thread is the wrong archive (I think I'm lost more than anything else).

Sadly, I have barely over 0 experience with 3D modelling, and less than 0 skill for it, otherwise I'd have that puppy up for everyone unfolded.

It does indeed. I at least have access to those files. Now I can try my hand and unfolding (if I have it right; I can open the .obj in Pepakura Designer but nothing else) so.... yeah!

Hopefully I don't break anything, and if I do, it won't be permanent. :D

It does indeed. I at least have access to those files. Now I can try my hand and unfolding (if I have it right; I can open the .obj in Pepakura Designer but nothing else) so.... yeah!

Hopefully I don't break anything, and if I do, it won't be permanent. :D

here is the helmet only as i havent done the rest yet.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5pqj4z8frqwx57l/H4+PROTECTOR+HELMET.pdo
its unfolded, mesh welded, edited etc by me.

sorry harry dont mean to thread jack

So I've been unfolding the chestpiece and it's going smoothly (I think). I printed four pages for proof of concept and it looks good so far; shall I post a new thread concerning the unfold? Also who/where do I submit the finished unfold to?

Edit: So in as far as the unfolding goes, there are a few parts that are shown as folds but are simply the paint on the armor itself, and there are some of the flaps that are HUGE triangles. Any way to delete those parts that are just the painted colors, and trim down those huge folds? I've found a LOT of basic tutorials on Youtube and such, but... not a lot of detail on things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back