Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a set of Pepakura files, and I have worked with Pepakura before, but I think the scale on these files is smaller than Master Chief's dimensions. They may not even all be the same. I'm using some of the Mark VI high detail parts from http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepaku...gh_Detail_Parts which look very nice and within my skill level. However, I'm about 5' 11" and the head part (Flying Squirrel's) is 26.5 centimeters tall without modifications. I'm also using Flying Squirrel's chest piece (40.3 cm), Robogenesis' bicep pieces (41.4 cm, upright), Nugget's forearms (33 cm, upright), Robogenesis' handplates (with the holes, 3.5 cm lain flat), and Robogenesis' 2-piece boots (21.2 cm.)

Most likely, the pieces are not uniformly scaled and will not fit me anyway. If someone can get me some recommended measurements for a 170 lbs. 5' 11" suit, that would be great! Also, I'm looking for HD leg Pepakura files if anyone has those.

Thanks in advance! I'll post progress pics in a new thread when I get going.

EDIT: I have big feet. Size 14, don't know the measurement, but I'm assuming the boots go over my shoes?

Ral Partha said:
Check my post here.
That's right. The scaling used for Robogenisis's models cannot be used in FS's models.
Thanks!
I owe you one ;)
This will only work with FS HD helmets, won't it?
Because it says to measure the strut...
IDK if other helmets have that...

Last edited by a moderator:
randomman said:
This will only work with FS HD helmets, won't it?
Because it says to measure the strut...
IDK if other helmets have that...
My method will work on any armor piece (helmets, torso, etc) that has a support strut across the opening. As for the FS helmet, you may need to trim a little bit of the helmet opening.

Okay, I noticed the struts but didn't realize what they were for immediately. Looks like I need to do some measuring!

z4xx0r said:
Okay, I noticed the struts but didn't realize what they were for immediately. Looks like I need to do some measuring!
The struts are meant to give the models structural integrity and stability, thus giving them the correct shape. I just happen to use them for another purpose.

Okay, I scrutinized my Pepakura files and most of them seem to already be in Master Chief's scale. If someone could please verify these heights, I can use the correct scale = (current scale*(my height/MC's height)) formula. I'll go ahead and build a list of my parts heights:<ul>[*]Helmet - 26.5 cm[*]Chest plate - 40.3 cm[*]Shoulders - 41.4 cm[*]Forearms - 33 cm[*]Hand plates - 3.5[*]Boots - 21.2 cm[/list]As you may have noticed, I do not have the leg pieces or the groin plate. I'm using high detail PDO files and so far I have found no HD leg pieces or groin plates. Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: The measurements I have are NOT in Master Chief's scale, as it's been determined that JediFraz's PDOs are in full-size Master Chief size, correct? As long as this holds true, I'm going to scale the HD models I have up/down to Fraz's sizes and then use the formula. Inform me if this is not correct.

Does there happen to be a cloth size scale? like S, M, L, XL, XXL also for the files that start there standaed scale value of 86.000 -red

Thanks, I'll take that approach ^.^

What I usually do is measure my body part (ie head) then add a cm or two in the scaling hieght, Im pretty sure most of us here do that.

hey i was woundering some thing i scaled my chest once before and it was to big and i was tring to figure out how to scale it using frizzlefry's scaling

how do you do the scaling for the weapons, and i can't make the MA5C. when i print it out, all the numbers are jumbled together and i cant read a thing. But anyway, for future reference, how do you do the scaling for the weapons???
thanks

Ral Partha said:
My method will work on any armor piece (helmets, torso, etc) that has a support strut across the opening. As for the FS helmet, you may need to trim a little bit of the helmet opening.
Alright.
I have new questions.
How do I print off just that one piece?
Or do I need to?
Theoretically they should all print off to be the same size unless you change the scale, so I could just ask some one what size theirs printed off as.
But then I don't know how to scale that peice to match the size.
Can I just select it, tell it to make it a new size, and have it automatically change the size of all the parts so that it keeps the same shape?
In which case all I need to know is which peice in the 2d window is that strut.
I don't know...
anyone?

Hey been working on suit for awhile now
Ive been dreding doing helment, chest and boots
I am 5'7 130 pounds
My head circumfrence is 24
And my shoe size is 9 in mens
I am using flying squirrel HD helmet and Chest
And robogenesis boots (HD also)
Anyone got any suggestions about scaling?
Thanks,
Jonathan

Nolindua said:
Hey been working on suit for awhile now
Ive been dreding doing helment, chest and boots
I am 5'7 130 pounds
My head circumfrence is 24
And my shoe size is 9 in mens
I am using flying squirrel HD helmet and Chest
And robogenesis boots (HD also)
Anyone got any suggestions about scaling?
Thanks,
Jonathan
I think it was ral partha, don't remember but some one posted about scaling the FS hd helmet a few posts up.
There's a support going across the bottom, change it to the width you want your helmet to be.
It's about 5 and a half inches, so take the difference between the number of the original (5 1/2 inches) and the new one (?) and add that to the assembled height.
That should scale it, but some of the pieces may end up bigger than one peice of paper.
That happened to mine after I scaled it, that's why I haven't printed one off and started folding yet.
Because I have to move all the pieces around.
Wish some one could do it for me...
but I'm not going to ask some one to do that.
I just have to find the time to do it myself, and commit myself to finishing it.
But yeah, that should scale your helmet.
Also, the new width should be the distance between your ears.
Just FYI.

darkforest said:
how do you do the scaling for the weapons, and i can't make the MA5C. when i print it out, all the numbers are jumbled together and i cant read a thing. But anyway, for future reference, how do you do the scaling for the weapons???
thanks

Weapons don't need to be scaled. They are 1:1. If you want it to "fit" you better, then scale up/down as required.

im going to have to work out how to change the scale of the models. because i cant find anything that tell me i can change it myself.

HEY I JUST MADE A VIDEO OF MY ODST HELMET AND TORSO AND A EOD HELMET AND A RECON HELMET. CAN U PLEASE CHECK YOUTUBE AND LEAVE ME COMMENTS AND TELL ME HOW THERE ARE MY YOUTUBE USERNAME IS THEGAMEBW....... IF YOU DONT NO HOW TO FIND IT BY USERNAME HERES WHAT YOU DO. GO TO YOUTUBE.COM AND TYPE IN THEGAMEBW IN THE SERCH BAR AND YOU WILL SEE MY VIDOES. THANKS A LOT

i resized a torso size tester, but now one of the pieces is too big so that now, no matter how i flip it around, will not fit on one piece of paper.

edit:nvm, i figureed out i scaled it wrong, but now it says enter password before i can print it rescaled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back