Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SirPwn4g3 said:
Awesome! I just downloaded Robogenesis' files and I'll do it that way, now to get some more cardstock and ink! You my good man just saved me a ton of hassle! Thanks!

Quick question... I shouldn't need to scale any weapons correct?
personally i find that the pistol was created kinda goofy so i don't use it
as for scaling, no scaling is necessary, unless you want it smaller

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i cant seem to find anyone talking about peparkura 3 scaling and sizing so someone plz help me with it because theses are all out dated so hurry

Mormy said:
ok i cant seem to find anyone talking about peparkura 3 scaling and sizing so someone plz help me with it because theses are all out dated so hurry

and yes i made different body parts and there to big fat to much room that it hovers around my body
look im 5'11 so 71 should be my scale but the problem is i weigh 225 so i big also , and or the body parts are well , there all missed up so help plz with the new style of scaling

Since we have this topic going.. I downloaded FS's chest armor and according to the program, the finished measurements of the built object is supposed to be about 40 x 37 x 48..
Compared to the armor I have now, its only off by 2-3 cms..

I'm guessing the FS already scaled them for an average body size??

Ok so i have been hear a while and made a good few things from pep.
In the near future i am planning on making agbate's hayabussa helmet. I know how to scale helmets but because it is the hayabussa and it has the spike on the top i am lost. I typically scale my helmets by height to 26cm. the spike adds a few centimeters but i have no idea how many, i definitely dont want to try the default then figure it out from there because this is a complicated helmets and it is 27 pages so i dont want to waste that much cardstock and a lot of my time.
Anyone with experience making this or anyone who has ideas please help because i am lost.

Has anyone got a scaling formula for Flying_Squirl's HD Mark VI pep files? I'm not sure that the scaling works for every pep file. Ive got three rubbish helmets right here next to me, scaled but not fitting. One too small, one miles too big, and one that I gave up on because it was coming out ridiculously small again. Its doing my head in! Im fine with the body parts, its just the helmet that I'm struggling with. I am 66 inches tall. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have cookies! :]

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
Has anyone got a scaling formula for Flying_Squirl's HD Mark VI pep files? I'm not sure that the scaling works for every pep file. Ive got three rubbish helmets right here next to me, scaled but not fitting. One too small, one miles too big, and one that I gave up on because it was coming out ridiculously small again. Its doing my head in! Im fine with the body parts, its just the helmet that I'm struggling with. I am 66 inches tall. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have cookies! :]

It's best you build a tester first - try one of Robo's files. FS's files are based on the same scales, more or less, so you're going to get much the same results without the wasting of card on a HD version. However, a lot of people swear by 27.0cm to 28.0cm (build height) - the latter being the absolute limit of how large I'd build my helm. Personally, I seem to do fine with 26.5cm, and you have to take into account the fact that your hair's going to be down flat under a balaclava or something similar when you wear the helm.

this may or may not be more work, but if you were to build one bigger than your head couldn't you just fill in the vacant spots with expanding foam and padding for a better fit and more comfort?
just tossing around an idea

ok, right now im making some Hayabusa armour, and I want to pep some of it this weekend, but im haveing trouble with scaling. I spent about 3 hours last night trying to figure it out with no luck. I tryed using Frizzlefry's equasion with no luck, than I trued using Cha*man's table. With the scale it was at it was 11x bigger than the a human.

I know I have asked this question on my thread, but I havent gotten any answers yet, so here are the messurements and who the files are by.

I have no clue on how to scale my armour to the right size before printing it. Im scaling it to about 6 feet, so ill abled wear it when its done(I'll be about 5 foot 10 by then), and so I can wear it in a few years (i'll be about 6 foot 2) I used tlither's helmet, smile469's body, and the 405th MIRROR shoulders. These are all from the Pepakura File Index on the halo costuming wikia sight. I don't know how to scale them, and I've looked at the official scailing thread with no luck. Can anyone help?

Ok, The body is currently scaled at 3.252955 (height-390mm, width-377mm, depth-400mm)
The helmet is currently scaled at 3.429723(height-320mm, width-306mm, depth-341mm)
The shoulders are currently scaled at 0.091214(height-220mm, width-289mm, depth-143mm)

My head measures 65cm around (I belive the radious is 9.9cm if im right. IMPORTANT-no extra room for fiderglass or padding included in my measurements. Im not sure how many centemeters would be added.)

If you need anymore info, just let me know.

CHEERS!

hi ive have tryed several times to scale my own armor that fact is i just really suck at math i was woundering what i should scale my armor to im 6'6 and im 200 lbs

I traced out my arms and legs on drawing paper, looked at some of the reference pic and decided how long I wanted the pieces to be, measured it out in inches, converted to mm (my phone has a converter), and rounded to the nearest 10, which was pretty close. So for someone who's 5'10", I scaled the thighs and boots to 65, crotch to 70 (got about a 32 waist), shins and shoulder to 60, and since the forearm scale was different on the model I downloaded, I put in 280mm for the height, leaving the chest and helmet as they were.

alright, so after i long while i finally figured out frizzlefry's explanation to resizing based on how tall you are. but im 5'5.5 (65.5 inches) and im not sure if it would still fit that well after such a drastic rescale? like the helmet, im sure it shouldnt be resized quite that much? on top of that im a skinny curvy girl, so my proportions im definitley sure arent gonna be the same as master chief's.

im wondering exactly how i should resize each piece individually by measuring each part(and where would i measure on me?) instead of just using height. like, im not completely sure how the rescaling thing works. i read/skimmed through all the pages, but i guess i just fail too much, i cant really understand it xD .halp?

edit: someone helped me a bit, thanks!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
ok, right now im making some Hayabusa armour, and I want to pep some of it this weekend, but im haveing trouble with scaling. I spent about 3 hours last night trying to figure it out with no luck. I tryed using Frizzlefry's equasion with no luck, than I trued using Cha*man's table. With the scale it was at it was 11x bigger than the a human.

I know I have asked this question on my thread, but I havent gotten any answers yet, so here are the messurements and who the files are by.

I have no clue on how to scale my armour to the right size before printing it. Im scaling it to about 6 feet, so ill abled wear it when its done(I'll be about 5 foot 10 by then), and so I can wear it in a few years (i'll be about 6 foot 2) I used tlither's helmet, smile469's body, and the 405th MIRROR shoulders. These are all from the Pepakura File Index on the halo costuming wikia sight. I don't know how to scale them, and I've looked at the official scailing thread with no luck. Can anyone help?

Ok, The body is currently scaled at 3.252955 (height-390mm, width-377mm, depth-400mm)
The helmet is currently scaled at 3.429723(height-320mm, width-306mm, depth-341mm)
The shoulders are currently scaled at 0.091214(height-220mm, width-289mm, depth-143mm)

My head measures 65cm around (I belive the radious is 9.9cm if im right. IMPORTANT-no extra room for fiderglass or padding included in my measurements. Im not sure how many centemeters would be added.)

If you need anymore info, just let me know.

CHEERS!

For the helmet it's best to measure height so from chin to top of head
skull.jpg
(thx 161 4 image)
Then depending on the helmet u imput your head hieght in cm then add a few cm so the hayabusa i was told to add between 4-5cm extra height because of the 'spike' thing p.s u add in the new cm value in mm in the model hieght box

adventSpartanMatrix said:
For the helmet it's best to measure height so from chin to top of head
skull.jpg
(thx 161 4 image)
Then depending on the helmet u imput your head hieght in cm then add a few cm so the hayabusa i was told to add between 4-5cm extra height because of the 'spike' thing p.s u add in the new cm value in mm in the model hieght box

Thanks for the info. I've decided to delay this project and go onto something easier than this for my first try at pepakura.

CHEERS!

FinAeros said:
I don't want to restart the Mac vs PC war, but I would say that if you don't have Pepakura or can't run it, you are not going to get a lot of support.
If someone here who owned a Mac could tell you what wonderful software you can use to edit the pictures, all you really would need to do is figure out what percentage size you are of MC and just resize it to that percentage.
The "fix-all" would be to find a way to use the Pepakura software, however.
You'll probably have to run a Windows emulation using a virtual PC-type program. If you're not familiar with this concept, I can try to dig out the information a friend gave me many moons ago, but it's a possibility of being able to use pepakura. However, emulating a Windows virtual machine on a Mac is kinda.... Quirky. There are occasionally weird glitches that come up that can crash the emulation or the station, so be careful.

I was in the same boat having a Mac and all... What I did was scrounge up some cash and bought a Windows OS. Then I partitioned my hard drive and downloaded the pep files on the Windows side. Now, you'll need the new Bootcamp drivers to be able to partition your computer, and it takes a while if you do it correctly. Don't ask me how I did it, I failed the first time and had to take it to my campus's support office to get it fixed. I just know how it generally works...

my first post,

when you are mesureing yourself do you mesure each individual part, aka fore arm shin ect.
im relaly stuck with this scaleing.

how do you scale for the flying squirrel MKVI helm. my head is 24cm from chin to the top of my head.

Sir Gibbsalot said:
my first post,

when you are mesureing yourself do you mesure each individual part, aka fore arm shin ect.
im relaly stuck with this scaleing.

how do you scale for the flying squirrel MKVI helm. my head is 24cm from chin to the top of my head.

Sir Gibbsalot,

when you measure yourself, you have the right idea. from what i have read and been told, you measure each body part that the peace of armour goes with. so for example, if you were making the forarms, you would measure from your wrist bones, all the way up to just a teeny bit above your elbow. (preferably while your arm is straight down at your side).

hope that helps man. and good luck on your armour

Sir Gibbsalot said:
For the Helmet Should i leave some extra room for padding Ect. and how much space would you recomend

with regards to the helmet, and for the rest of the armour, yes, you shuld make them a bit bigger than your measurements because even with the resin and fiberglass it will add on some bulk and then the padding will also add on.. i think some people say to add about 3 to what ever measurements you get.... i could be wrong on that last bit though...anybody do anything different to leave room for the fiberglass and padding ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back