Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shoulder pieces are perfect in terms of height but they're not even close to fitting around my arms (so scrawny ;_;) has anyone got a way reduce the circumference without making it look mauled up or ideas to work around this?

SH_Jack said:
The shoulder pieces are perfect in terms of height but they're not even close to fitting around my arms (so scrawny ;_;) has anyone got a way reduce the circumference without making it look mauled up or ideas to work around this?

I think I've decided to fill mine iwth expanding foam

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are the files that have these scaling factors? Can they be applied to the Mark V parts?

Mostly though, where can I find the main files used in these scaling threads?

[Greg]
Try using Master Dave's PDF, if it is scaled correctly (I have never seen it, so I can't tell you how it would work in the end). Failing that, experiment a little. Remember that your head is wider than your neck, and that trimming will have to be done for the helmet to fit properly.
[END Greg]

[SH_Jack]
Remember that you wll be fibergalssing these peices, and that the fiberglass should add around 1/12 to 1/8 of an inch. While this itself probably will not solve your problem, you also might want to pad them in the future, which will also help.
[END SH_Jack]

[Nuvious]
These scales are for the unaltered MkVI files only. Look in the specific sections for the scaling for the MkV. As for getting the files, they're in the Pepakura Download Database (Linky Here), or failing that, PM me with your email address and I can send them all over to you in a .zip file.
[END Nuvious]

Hi, i'm trying to scale the odst helmet using frizzlefry's method but it doesn't seem to work. I roughly measured my head (around the brow) its about 58 cm = 22.8 inches. Divided that by 86 (22.8/86) and got 0.26512. Then i multiplied it by 30.342 and got 8.0442. Thing is, this is the current scale for the masterchief helmet not the odst one. Can anyone tell me how i can find the current scale for the odst helmet? Anyway i tried with the MC scale but it gives an error msg. I saw dwoo's helmet scale but i didn't use it because i thought it only applied to MC's helmet. Am i doing it wrong?(i think so)
Oh and one more thing, when i opened the files yesterday, there were numbers around each fold, however the numbers were huge and were overlappping each other-is it suppose to be like that? Another problem is that the numbers are not there anymore...
help please..thanks

formula is your height, not your head circ. BUT the head peice always seems to need to be a bit larger. My head is about 22.75cm and a scale of 25.0000 (26.3cm height) was slightly smaller than i'd like. The scales aren't exactly proportional either, meaning, a little goes a LONG way. I would suggest building the helmed at a height of 26.5cm and go from there. You will always need to trim the base out for any helmet to fit.

As for the fonts, tick "scale fonts too". Maybe someone else knows where your numbers went. Why don't you just delete the file and re-download the original untampered?

Ok thanks :) uh how is your head 22.75 cm?!!? Mine is 58-60 cm measuring round the head. Also, how did you get your scale of 25.0000 from 22.75cm? Did you use any formula?

SOLIP5IL said:
Ok thanks :) uh how is your head 22.75 cm?!!? Mine is 58-60 cm measuring round the head. Also, how did you get your scale of 25.0000 from 22.75cm? Did you use any formula?

Oops. I meant inches.

On Slyfo's new FIXED H3 models what is the scaling set to on that for default? Is it 6ft? I tried to use the scaling on this but it ended up kinda huge...and wouldnt fit onto my paper!!

TacNiNE

ok the scale for mines going off like crazy i do my math and get 21.168837

5 ft 6 inch

and i put it in under Scale and assembled heigh goes to .2cm and it shrinks every peice down to a microscopic size.....yea i need some help o.o

Frizzlefry said:
Here we go peeps.
This should work for the most part, if you have a normal sized body like Chief it should work for sure. But if you are a bit chunky so to speak, or the oposite which would be a bit of a rail (aka, that sexy girl Sean Bradley ;-) ), you will probably want to change the sizing a bit more or less to make sure your limbs and chest fit.
I'm not getting behind the formula because it's a waste of time. It seems no one cares how the math works just as long as it works. So here's what you do.
Add up your height in inches. There is 12" to a foot. We'll use my hieght for the example. I am 5'11" which equals 71 inches.
Divide that by 86: 71/86 = .82558
Multiply that number times the scale it currently is, 30.342: 30.342*0.82558 = 25.04979
Now in Pepakura, go into 2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"
Under scale, put in the new scale (for this equazion its 25.04979). Do this for all of your pieces to be symmetrical.
One thing to keep in mind
The size of the scale that is in use before you edit it is from the base of the ground to the top outside of MC's helmet. You don't really want the top of your head to be touching the top of the inside of the helmet if you expect it to fit right. So you may want to add two or three inches to your actual hieght before doing the math. This may help other areas as well, where it could come through a bit tight.
Feel free to ask any questions about how it's done here. But I would appreciate it if the PM's for me to scale their armor for them would stop. If you can't do this math (we're not in school, you can use a calculator), I can't help you.

hey dude i was wondering, for our height, do we enter the scale for all of our pieces? or just the chest? im 5'5" and thats 22.93290698 do i enter that number (22.93290698) for like the belt and the arm and etc too? how do i make the best measurments i can? please help soon! (big party coming up)

I currently have Pepkura Designer 2 but i cant open the templates that i got. can someone help me out?
Thanks

Here Is My Halo mark Iv helmet WIP. i am Going to resin this baby tonight. more pics to come.[attachment=1450:SUNP0001.JPG]
[attachment=1451:SUNP0002.JPG]
[attachment=1452:SUNP0003.JPG]

were can i get a good visor for my helmet. or what is a good methed to making one .

Make sure you brace your helmet before you start applying the resin, otherwise your helmet will distort. It's generally best to leave the visor area in during the resin and fiberglassing stage. Then you can just dremel it out once everything has cured.

Hey i was hoping to get some clarification on scaling i printed out my slyfo MC halo 3 helmet yesterday and after reading this entire thread i had picked 35cm height and 28cm or so width as my helmet size. However, dwoos scale was i believe created for the MC halo 2 helment so i loaded the pdo and used the 25.3 scale for a person with a 23" or so head. It gave me a height of 26.6 inches. So my question, is the 35 cm height helmet gonna be too massive? i would like room for some padding etc but i feel that i may have overcompensated for it. I would like the helmet to look like it fits snug and doesnt make my head look humungous.

Has anyone built slyfo MC helmet? if so what measurements did you use? and what are your measurements head wise?

Thanks for any help!

Dan-118 said:
Hey i was hoping to get some clarification on scaling i printed out my slyfo MC halo 3 helmet yesterday and after reading this entire thread i had picked 35cm height and 28cm or so width as my helmet size. However, dwoos scale was i believe created for the MC halo 2 helment so i loaded the pdo and used the 25.3 scale for a person with a 23" or so head. It gave me a height of 26.6 inches. So my question, is the 35 cm height helmet gonna be too massive? i would like room for some padding etc but i feel that i may have overcompensated for it. I would like the helmet to look like it fits snug and doesnt make my head look humungous.

Has anyone built slyfo MC helmet? if so what measurements did you use? and what are your measurements head wise?

Thanks for any help!

Oh my god that's going to be huge, haha.

I've heard that most helmets range from heights between 26 and 30 cm. I have a big head, (but I'm also 6'2") so mine's around 28.6cm. We'll see how that works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back