Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be possible for someone whoms a wiz at this to scale these helmet per hat size? I wear a 7.5 hat.

I read slyfo's tut on this, and its taken me abit to get this figured out. But I think I have it now. But I just spent two days assembling a childs helmet, because I forgot to scale it up to my size.

I feel like an idiot, yes I have my ID-10-T form all filled out!

Sheesh

I am very very confused. What does height width and depth mean? Yes i've read through the thread but i still don't know. I've made a too small helmet, a too big helmet, ANOTHER too big helmet, so now i cannot bear to make anymore mistakes with the scaling =((( I'm doing the ODST helmet by NZ-TK at the moment but i 'm not sure what to scale it to. This is the file http://www.mediafire.com/?2ebnfvdudye and at the moment its scaled to Height: 24.5cm Width: 22.8cm Depth: 30.3cm. If i'm not wrong(can't find the measuring tape) my head has a circumference of 58cm(from like the eye area). Can some one please tell me how i can get the correct "height" to enter in the scaling option? And what height width depth means?Please...thanks...

I've been searching for a helmet scaling formula, but can't find one. Anyone know how to scale helmets? And look at the post before mine please.

it doesnt work with the ODST helm from NZ-TK

when i scaled it it came out about 20

so you just have to put it to like 26 or 27

Alright last night i realy pissed my self of with the messures here are they:

my body measurments:(inches)

height: 68,8 inch

hand plate :4,8 inch im leaving it default the best i think but its a little to big though...

Forearm: i dont know how (from where to massure)

Bicep:i dont know how (from where to massure)

Shin:i dont know how (from where to massure)

Helmet:11,6 inch helmet umm u messure from chin to head up right?

Thigh:i dont know how (from where to massure) becose i dint knew the shin.

belt:i dont know how (from where to massure)

boots: 10.8 inch hmm what to do with the boots>?

torso:i dont know how (from where to massure) no seriously...

could some of you help me with i dont know how (from where to massure) like i leave it default right ??

help me help me help me!

i dont know how to get armor to fit onto the page, if i want it bigger. i was scaling the elite helm, by garland, to 130% and it only prints wat can fit on the page, and leaves the rest out, what do i do, and i have pep viewer not pep creator what do you guys suggest?

I'm new to this and i'm trying to learn how to make the helmets can anyone show me where to start off that would be alot of help :tutu:

For those of us who went to public school and don't have a clue how many centimeters are in an inch, here is a metric conversion calculator. Just type in the centimeters, inches, whatever, and it will convert it to metric.

Click Here!

dungbeetle said:
For those of us who went to public school and don't have a clue how many centimeters are in an inch, here is a metric conversion calculator. Just type in the centimeters, inches, whatever, and it will convert it to metric.

Click Here!

this really helped

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please scale this for me my head circumfrence is 56 cm and my head hieght not including my neck in 30 cm tall. i already mad them a bit bigger than my exact head circumfrence and hieght

i know i replyed a few replys back, but i think i no why people keep asking questions....

Frizzlefry explained it, but some people couldn't understand

'take your height, divide by 86, then multiply the "scale it already is"' i think thats the problem...
just my opinion i still dont no EXACTLY how to scale either

ok........I am a huge n00b :( BUT i will get better!! Ok how do you measure your head??
and any other body part?? Do you just get a measuring thingy and measure it around??????
Thnxs if you helped

ninjachief18 said:
ok........I am a huge n00b :( BUT i will get better!! Ok how do you measure your head??
and any other body part?? Do you just get a measuring thingy and measure it around??????
Thnxs if you helped

Hello,

Noob here to this forum. I do tons of SW armor and props, but nothing like this (cool stuff!). I have printed out and assmbled the helmet and it is massive! I read this thread and found that I need to scale it (damn skim reading habit). I looked at the board conversions and it said to scale it to somewhere around 27. I checked Pepakura and it is scaled to 86. I am assuming that this is CM. Can someone confirm my bad math....

22.5" at brow. I did the conversion and I fugured with padding and all, around 27. I converted the 27 to CM and that is my scale? Or am I WAYYY off.

Thanks for your help.

Is it required to scale the Robogenisis' MA5C and clip? I printed out the clip first and it looked huge then I used the formula to scale it got 63.62 and now it seams just a little small. What about the other weapons do they need to be scaled?

theshagsterofgames said:
Is it required to scale the Robogenisis' MA5C and clip? I printed out the clip first and it looked huge then I used the formula to scale it got 63.62 and now it seams just a little small. What about the other weapons do they need to be scaled?
No. As a general rule, weapons and props don't need to be re-scaled. The only possible exception is when you want to build Brute/Covenant weapons. In such case, it's usually indicated when they're full-size or human-sized.

As for Robo's MA5C, the answer is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back