Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
owengorkon said:
alright,
i decided to go all old school and make the mark V...i made the back of the chest piece first, scaling it using the equation...it seems small, but i'm not sure...anybody else build mark V and have advice before i continue building?

thanks,
owen

Im sorry for the double post but yes i did make MKV what you should do for it is measure your backs width height and depth then rebuild it that's what i did and it fits like a charm :)

Last edited by a moderator:
owengorkon said:
alright,
i decided to go all old school and make the mark V...i made the back of the chest piece first, scaling it using the equation...it seems small, but i'm not sure...anybody else build mark V and have advice before i continue building?

thanks,
owen

Im sorry for the double post but yes i did make MKV what you should do for it is measure your backs width height and depth then rebuild it that's what i did and it fits like a charm :)
(even if the whole set isn't finished)

Dc7423 said:
(even if the whole set isn't finished)

thanks man!

Ti-el_Terall said:
Does anyone know the proper scaling for slyfos basic armour pieces? Iv tried the ones in his thread but they turned out wrong.

OK, what I had to do as I made a couple of child sized helmets as well,... Was I went to my bell motorcycle helmet. measured it in inches, then converted that into MM's. It came out to 30.5. Now this it the overall scale which in PEP is the height of the overall model. The rest of the proportions are adjusted accordingly. So far my helmet which has been covered in resin since morch of 2008, is the perfect size. And it affords me some padding for comfort, and my nose wont be prseed against the future gold visor I have yet to install. It will be close but not touching.

BTW I wear a 7 1/2" sized hat, or a large sized motorcycle helmet, if that helps.

me again
i'm trying to scale the chest piece and unfirtunetly, my head is too big for the hole when i scale it, i then took the old chest piece and added how ever many mm's needed to fit my heada and the pieces don't fit on the page
what should i do? tips, instructions, funny anic dotes to make fun of me? anything that would help me out here would be greatly appreciated

I tend to pay attention to the 3 magic measurements it give you for size in the bottom bar of Pep Designer 2. My advice - use a tape measure and do some guess-timating in relation to what measurements you find for yourself and in regard to the piece.

My biggest advice is look at pictures and estimate by looking at a tapemeasure how much larger the piece is compared to the armor-wearer, then just adjust it by looking at your own physical measurements. Failing that, you can always use the scale down/up by 10% option to make one of the 3 measurements (length makes sense in many cases) shrink to the size you need, and then you can decide if the other two fit or not.

I also tend to tack on about 1-2 cm extra just in case - as many of the armor pieces can be perm'ed to be slightly smaller by cutting wedges out of strategic places. This was how I decreased the size of the arm holes on the back end of my H3 forearms and made them fit more snug, by taking out wedges at the end.

That's just how I do it. Hope it helps.

the MARK VI Helmet fits perfectly. I got the scale factor default at 86 and had to set it at 72 for it to fit right. but it worked the first time! I'm about 70.5 inches tall and have wierd measurements i guess because even though most parts are deciding to work out at 70, so far the shoulders have needed to be 68.75 and the belt needs to be reprinted probably at the full 86. just make sure that when you rescale that you have your own measurements (multiply inches by 2.54 to get centimeters and then just move the decimal back a space for mm) as you can custom tailor the parts to your specifics!

ok i will try doing those things i'll keep you guys posted on it
oh and one piece of excitment(at least for me)
I HAVE FINISHED PEPING THE HELMET!!!!!
.....yay

can somebody help me out. i folowed the scale on this thread for the helmet. the first time is waaaay to small. the second and third time i did it i changed it by adding a few inches but still wont fit over my head. each time i spent well over 10 hours cutting a glueing them, and they looked good for a noob. im 6 ft 1in so im thinking that might the problem. if you can please help becuase i dont feel like spending 30+ hours more building on one of the smaller parts of the coustume.

zoron said:
can somebody help me out. i folowed the scale on this thread for the helmet. the first time is waaaay to small. the second and third time i did it i changed it by adding a few inches but still wont fit over my head. each time i spent well over 10 hours cutting a glueing them, and they looked good for a noob. im 6 ft 1in so im thinking that might the problem. if you can please help becuase i dont feel like spending 30+ hours more building on one of the smaller parts of the coustume.
which helmet did you use?

Am I missing something? I just downloaded Pepakura Designer 3, and these options aren't there, scale up 10%, scale down 10%, specify scale. I can't actually follow these directions because the program doesn't allow. Should I hunt for an older version?

UPDATE: Got version 2, working well now. BUT... I have the HD MkVI from DanniFood4Less. Anyone know how it's scaling works? Same? Different? By default it's assembled height is 26.4cm, scale is 12.713574.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my second helm, but first one I'm scaling.

zoron said:
im 90% shure it was the robogenisis version.
robogenises' stuff is easy to scale since he usees an 86 in scale anyway(86 in being the inches of master chief)
my height(5'10"=70") your gonna wanna add a couple inches
npw if you go in the 2D window options go to recalulate parts( i'm pretty sure) and instead of 86, you put ur hieght in inches. since u are 6 foot 1 you do 12 time 6=72
then you add that one inch so your total hieght in inches is 73
what i do to make sure that the helmet fits, is i do the bottom of the helmet,part that has to fit over your head, first
as to not waste time or cardstock
since u are 73 inches tall, i'd try putting in 75 inches instead of 86
simple math
hope this helps

Pilot92 said:
robogenises' stuff is easy to scale since he usees an 86 in scale anyway(86 in being the inches of master chief)
my height(5'10"=70") your gonna wanna add a couple inches
npw if you go in the 2D window options go to recalulate parts( i'm pretty sure) and instead of 86, you put ur hieght in inches. since u are 6 foot 1 you do 12 time 6=72
then you add that one inch so your total hieght in inches is 73
what i do to make sure that the helmet fits, is i do the bottom of the helmet,part that has to fit over your head, first
as to not waste time or cardstock
since u are 73 inches tall, i'd try putting in 75 inches instead of 86
simple math
hope this helps

Awesome! I just downloaded Robogenesis' files and I'll do it that way, now to get some more cardstock and ink! You my good man just saved me a ton of hassle! Thanks!

Quick question... I shouldn't need to scale any weapons correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back